Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Premier 2003/2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the circuit . . .

That I know of:

Div 1B:
Westside Renegades 2 - 0 Richmond Stingrays

Div 3D:
Westside Storm 0 - 3 Hellas FC

Classics Division:
Westside Red Devils 1 - 0 Pitt Meadows Cheetahs

Premier A: (with 30 min. remaining)
Westside FC 0 - 2 Surrey United

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
great to read the results...

Besty, who is packing the goals away for you? :confused:

+SC

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Division 2 action....

Club Ireland 'A' 3 Musqueam 0

A rubbish game for us. They only had 9 players through the whole game and we were crap. Of course the result is the most important, but it was a very frustrating game to watch. We better get our act together for next week.

Captain

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier 'A'

Poco Premier 5 - Norvan 0

Seems as though Norvan is short players now while waiting for the College players to come back.
Believe it was 1 - nil at half but then sometime in the second half, the players they picked up had to leave and play their own game so Norvan was down to 7 for the remaining 20 or so.

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
News from Semi

Having all 4 of our teams play first thing in the morning does not seem the way to go. Of our 4 matches we got only a single point.

Heres how it played out:

Semiahmoo 1 - 4 Latin Pride (was only 3 on the website so we don't look THAT bad)

Semi Surf 0 - 2 North Shore Sharks

Semi Strikers 2 - 2 Richmond United FC

Semi Sharks 0 - 3 Wolfs

Trying as hard as I can to get that first team promoted but without a keeper it is proving more difficult.

Had a great breakthrough this weekend in paperwork terms. Now instead of getting youth permits signed by the MWSL before they are signed by BCSA (which is damn near impossible to do) we can send them directly to BCSA first to be forwarded to MWSL so now we have until Friday to get your youth players signed for the solitary game so that BCSA can sign the form and then the MWSL can sign it on Saturday. THis is much better then having the MWSL sign it on Tuesday and BCSA sign it any time after that (because usually - well with my luck anyways - the player you are bringing up gets injured on her Wed. night practice and can't play). This will give us much more leyway (sp?) in terms of getting youth players out for games.

Carebear

May 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier B Coquitlam 0 Vancouver Only 1

Coquitlam was defeated by an arch rival. We have always had hard fought matches against this team. They are full of older women who are very tough! I would say that we had the majority of the play, however, could not finish our chances. Cheers to Vancouver's Keeper as she made some nice saves.

Carebear

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
UBC vs. SBAA ?????

Wow a tie between UBC and SBAA. How did that happened? If anyone from either squad would like to elaborate on the game, that would be great. Did UBC lose all of their star players to the national squad and are now struggling for players???? Just curious as we play UBC this week. :rolleyes:

wagon

Sep 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
LC,

I heard that the UBC SBAA game wasn't overly good. SBAA actually scored a goal but had it called back. I am sure that they just played their typical defensive/hacking style game and it obviously worked well as the score was 0-0. I don't think UBC was missing too many players. I know Amy Apps wasn't there, but I don't know if anyone else was missing. I heard that Tara played well which is good. I'm sure after the game SBAA was just as excited as if they'd won the World Cup. When we play UBC this sunday I know that Amy and Sian won't be there but I assume that everyone else will be there.

Wagon

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
UBC

I don't know the total situation with Alumni, but from last year's squad, they certainly won't have Andrea (World Cup) or Brittany (college). That puts a lot of pressure on Amy in the middle of the park, and if she is not there, they could struggle.

Assuming Sandi, Liz and Sophie are back, I still think UBC has the top back line in the MWSL.

Could be an end of an era? (I think that's been said about them before - and who's going to Nats next month?)

Big match this weekend between Surrey and Coquitlam. Going to go watch this one. Always love watching Phebe and Andy Sumner beat the living snot out of each other - Great Football!

FB

PS: Wagon, careful what you say about SBAA's style on here. I made similar comments last year (which were supposed to be somewhat complimentary) and got raked over the coals for weeks by Soccerbitches. (The Beavers are a very sensitive lot.)

wagon

Sep 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
FB,

I vaguely remember you getting attacked for your Beaver remarks. My comments were sort of meant to be a compliment, although my neck sometimes still hurts from when we last played them :mad: Their style of play is sort of like the Minnesota Wild of hockey. Boring to watch, but sometimes effective. They are taught to play very physically. However, when the ref calls the game closely they are much less effective. Not all of them play a really physical style of soccer but most of them do. I am definetly not trying to offend any Beaver though:D

Wagon

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey U v. Coquitlam

FB,

Unfortunately, Phebe and Andy Sumner won't get to kick the living snot out of each other this weekend (although it is always fun to watch). Rumour has that Pheebs will be out of town with some ProWave camp, but the match should still be a cracker. Or at least a competitive one in MWSL premier. :rolleyes:

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not the right thread but...

...it seems to be the only one where women's ball is being discussed. What do you think of the collapse of WUSA? I don't think it's been mentioned on TTP yet but as of September 15th they have suspended operation.

I wonder what this will do to the W-League or whatever the Whitecaps are playing in.

Apparently Mia Hamm took a $20K drop in pay (to $60K) and rosters were trimmed from 18 ro 16 this year but it was for naught.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Division 2(Saturday)

Club Ireland 'A' 2 North Shore Spurs 0

We played our best half of the season in the second half. We are slowly starting to work our way up the field from the back through our midfield. The same couldn't be said of the 'Meralomalike' Spurs. Hump, hump, and hump some more. We have a big game next week against another undefeated team, Kerrisdale Spurs. This could be a pivotal game, followed with the week after, when we play Shamrock Rovers, who are also undefeated......Our player who came up on a youth permit, ran the show in the midfield....Samara Beatty scored both goals for the Hoops.

Division 3 (Sunday)

Club Ireland 'B' 4 North Shore Thunder 2

I wasn't at the game but I heard their coach was a prick. Jemma Fielder with the hat-trick and new signing, Stacey(don't know the last name yet) scoring the 4th goal. A good weekend for the women and we both have very difficult games apparently, in the next few weeks......

Captain

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Atleast part of the Club I club is winning. :eek: Congrats to all the women. Now if only the Div. 1 team could win a game.:mad:

Parkhead

Carebear

May 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier B

Coquitlam 2 MetroFord 0

Not a bad showing from Coquitlam as things are starting to come together. MetroFord put out a good effort and if they keep it up they should see some results. Cheers to our keeper who played a solid game.

Anyone else with this weekend's results!!

Carebear

k-vale7

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
premier

Coquitlam 1 Surrey 0

It was sort of an interesting game, it seemed from my vantage point ;) that Surrey had the run of the game, but like in not too far off history we just couldn't put it away. I think we have some kind of "Burnaby"/Coquitlam curse on us. Bianca was an allstar in the first half, she was ripping through people like some kind of machine. Coquitlam's goal was quite lovely I hate to admit, it came off a driven left-footed cross by Burkinshaw and finished off the head of the ever consistent KJ (ummm, can you miss just once against us?). The second half we had some chances, but nothing was going to give, it sucked. We have higher expectations than that, here's hoping we reach them soon.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
K-vale,

I'm sure your team will turn things around very shortly. If not, there are several spots reserved for you and Nutmegs on Club Ireland. ;)

k-vale7

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya know captain, you're going to get us in trouble...all this fraternizing with the opposition could look bad. But if my aforementioned 'vantage point' continues you could have yourself a deal! (Just joking for those who know what I'm talking about, this is TTP right? )

BTW, we would only need two spots.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0