Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Div1 2004 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:

SBAA Kaos 1st Cup Game vs. Wickham FC 3-1

Good game to finally win! Great start to the Cup!

Not going to get into details cause we all know where that got me last time....
:mad:

Ahh, a victory over the Wikham team that first took offense to your piss takes. Revenge is a dish best served cold. Poetic justice. What goes around comes around. When in Rome.

When do you guys play Burnaby Rangers?

go for it

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz,

ahhh yes....of course you are happy to get that win (against us/Wickham)....I would be the same. Hey, you can say what you want. Just do it with some class! You went a little "overboard" a while back, which made a few players get defensive. You gals deserved todays win....good on ya! We should have finished our chances, but didn't and you/your team found our net! That's what "game day" is all about....especially in the playoffs!!!

See you again - next round?

Go 4 it.
p.s. any tips on your "sister" team....SBAA "A"???

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game on Saturday...that was my wife. She's played all her life and has pretty good judgement but I was wondering how a seasoned ref/vet such as yourself saw her game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had a feeling there was a connection, so I was being nice. ;) Actually, she let the game flow......perhaps could have called a little bit more of the tackles/shoving from behind but as I said, she didn't have a direct impact on the final result.... :)

Can_Head_A_Ball

Oct 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz... enough with the "I don't dare post here anymore" BS. You're back. Good. Let's get on with it.

I'd love to hear what you thought of the game.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can_Head_A_Ball said:
Spazz........I'd love to hear what you thought of the game.

So would I SPAZZ. Miss your great reporting. Was hoping Munchkin would post but she is sick, no thanks to the fact we played Langley in the SNOW!!! It was pretty bad. Now I have a sick team and hope I can field one for sunday against Surdel. Geeser, score was Kerrisdale 0 Langley 1. Did Aldergrove not play? Probably snowing out there too I gather. Langley scored off a corner in the 88th minute but I think we just wanted to go home and warm up. Had several girls with frostbite after.

How were the rest of the games?

Striker?

CHAB

geeser

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chab

Aldergrove vs Vancouver Breakers
Game was called after playing 10 mins,too much snow. The ball got bigger and bigger as it rolled down the field. We couldn't see the lines on the field,or the ball. It was snowing so hard it hurt your eyes, like skiing without googles. Too Cold.Too bad about your game, it probably would of been a different game if it was played on Saturday.

Now I have a sick team [/QUOTE said:
Being out in cold weather doesn't make you sick, germs do.At work a doctor told me that just tonight .Hmmm

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
geeser said:
Now I have a sick team [/QUOTE said:
Being out in cold weather doesn't make you sick, germs do.At work a doctor told me that just tonight .Hmmm

Langley 1 - Kerrisdale 0
I was already sick to start with :mad: and was trying to help my team because we didn't have many subs, but in hindsight, not the smartest idea :( . I ended up with bronchitis and have been home sick all week. I thought it was a good game (when i could see through the driving snow!!), and if we could've finished on a couple of our chances we would've been able to hold them off. But such is life. They had a few good chance too, and sent two balls off the posts, but only managed to knock one in off a fantastic corner two minutes before we would've gone to PKs. I didn't actually see it as I was in my car by that point trying to defrost, but I hear it was a beaut. I think if the weather hadn't been so horrible (and I can't believe the ref let us play in it :confused: ) it would have been a much more interesting game. I just hope I can play this Sunday, but I am not holding my breath since I am only just starting to feel human again!
Nice to see you back again Spazz!

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Munchkin said:
I was already sick to start with :mad: and was trying to help my team because we didn't have many subs......I just hope I can play this Sunday, but I am not holding my breath since I am only just starting to feel human again!

Having 2 of my strikers play defence did limit our ability to generate chances but the players playing up front did a good job under the circumstances. As to this weekend, I could put you in goal but of course D., would either laugh at you or .... just laugh at you. Might be worth it :p

CHAB

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
As to this weekend, I could put you in goal but of course D., would either laugh at you or .... just laugh at you. Might be worth it :p

CHAB

funny ha ha :rolleyes: . But seriously, I am like swiss cheese in there. I turtle when people shoot at me. But, if you wanna take that chance.... Anyone know much about Surdel FC? I don't think I know anyone on that team, and I haven't heard a peep about them. Anyone? Don't know if I'm even going to be on the pitch Sunday, but at least I can breathe now without coughing up my lungs :) .

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 7 Surrey United 'B' 0

They worked hard but only had 11 players and lost one about 5 minutes into the second half. Nice group of girls.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
VANCOUVER JAGUARS 3 RICHMOND ROCKETS 1

Sorry I have been MIA...serious virus in my computer...didn't want to be wandering the sites until it was fixed!!

Phew...a win under out belts...FINALLY :wa: It's been a while for our group I tell ya...we just couldn't seem to find the net! Defence has been playing fantastic, but we were just not able to fill the ol' onion bag.
We went up 3-0 in the 1st half so it felt pretty good goin' into the 2nd half with our chests all puffed out (wait for it...wait for it)
I was in net :rolleyes: ....scary, but played well, considering I, as well as the rest of the team were still drunk from Lips' 30th Birthday Party the night before. Is 8am a normal time to go to bed for a 10am kickoff? WHAT?!!

Next week...Poco Steel...should be a good one...10:00am FCUK!!!

striker14 ;)

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmmm, where to begin....

2 weeks ago: 2nd round cup game against Surdel FC and we played really well and scored in the last 5 minutes! Unfortuantely we collapsed defensively and let them score off a corner on the next play down in our end :mad: . We ended the game tied, and proceeded to PK's, where they scored theirs and we missed 2 of ours. I am ashamed to say that I was one of them. I am normally pretty confident and volunteer to take them, but for some reason I put this one just outside the post. Don't know what to say except it was a shocking display by the little person. To add insult to injury, next game my coach took me off the list of designated PK'ers ;) . Super frustrating to end up losing a game that we should have won, but i should probably be used to it by now. We usually end up losing by only 1 or 2 goals, which is not a big margin. One of these days I'd like to finish with a SOLID, CONVINCING win (say 3-0 or something like that).

Last week make-up league game vs. Wickham: Kerrisdale 1 - Wickham 1
Another one of those games that we should have won. We scored in the first half and outplayed them, but let up in the second half and they scored to tie it up. I don't know what it is, maybe fatigue, but we can't seem to hang on to a lead. :confused: argh.

I am looking forward to playing Richmond Stingrays this weekend. They beat both Langley and Surdel FC in cup play, so I hope we will be up for the challenge. I think we are a good team, and we have improved so much since the beginning of the year, but I know we can still get better. We have so much potential.

How is everyone else's cup draw going? I know that the group with the Rangers and Dzunakwa must be laughing as Dzunakwa has defaulted both their games so far. I know that the draw is supposed to be random (other than the top seeded team), but all of our cup opponents were in the top 3 of their div. 1 league group, while all of that cup group were at the bottom of their tables. I protest!! oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Later,
Munchkin

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I beg to differ with you Munchkin!!
I know that the draw is supposed to be random (other than the top seeded team), but all of our cup opponents were in the top 3 of their div. 1 league group, while all of that cup group were at the bottom of their tables. I protest!!
As for your group being tough I will agree with you but I honestly think that Group 5 is the group of death.We have 2 top 3 teams from from 1a & b and one team from 1a.I may sound like a hypacrite but I personally think 1a is the easier group of all 3.Even though the Eclipse our leading the group and they are from 1a.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
We have 2 top 3 teams from from 1a & b and one team from 1a.I may sound like a hypacrite but I personally think 1a is the easier group of all 3.Even though the Eclipse our leading the group and they are from 1a.

That is entirely possible Conductor... I don't know much about either 1a or 1b, but I have heard that the group with Club I is pretty tough. Heard a few people say that 1c is the easiest (the one we're in), and admittedly, the bottom few teams have struggled a lot this year (Dzunakwa, the team that defaulted both cup games, being one of them), but the top 4 or 5 teams in our table are pretty solid. And in the end, it doesn't really matter what grouping you get for cup play b/c you'll end up playing the top teams if you make it through the round robin games, so complaining doesn't accomplish much. Although it did make me feel better for a minute or two ;) .

Anyone have any insider info about Richmond Stingrays? they won both their cup games so far, but other than that, I know nothing about them. Can't offer much in the way of payment for this info, but I would be appreciative :D !! Bring on the sunshine for Sunday.
Munchkin

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know that the group with the Rangers and Dzunakwa must be laughing as Dzunakwa has defaulted both their games so far.

I hope to hell these Dzunakwa biatches are getting fined for their non-appearances :mad:

Munchkin, I have a lot to say, but at the same time I'm not going to say a lot. Expect the best or worst team to show up on Sunday. You can never be prepared for the outcome unless your team shows up 100%. Most results don't reflect on the skill level or actual game that day (especially ladies' games in Div 1). Just go prepared to win ;) .

Good luck on Sunday, I hear the weather will be dandy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0