Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MWSL Div1 2004 Results & Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry CHAB, I thought the nessage posted by Can Head A Ball was actually from you. I got confused. I take back the part about "sucking it up" since you did not say it (and after reading my message it does seem a little harsh, and it was not intended as such). I still think you need to help try and instill some confidence in your team by having some faith in the players you've got.

Magic

Oct 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm with Can HAB. What does Spaz know about our team, anyway? How many times have you played us -- once? Wickam FC has picked it up since the beginning of the season and I think our 4th place standing speaks to the fact that we ARE pretty good, or at least better than the lower half of the standings (including Spazz's team). We had a hilarious incident playing Southside Strikers a few weeks ago when one of their players told our player we didn't belong in Div 1. and should be in Div 2. Huh? Why are we beating you then? The girl's retort: "Hmm... Good point." Ah well, it's all in good fun and I'm looking forward to proving some of you guys wrong about Wickam FC.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Little person-we don't have a keeper (but we're working on it) and it was one of our forwards (don't have many of those either) in net so it did effect us. And we only have 14 signed so we need a keeper to get all 14 players on the pitch!

I wouldn't say you don't belong in Div 1, I just think we shouldn't have lost that game. You guys know how to play to your advantage on that stumpy, itty bitty field so the tables could turn when you play us again at Cariboo.

Southside said that? They haven't won a game yet! We play them in a few hours so this should be interesting... I hope that keeper finally signed!

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Little person-we don't have a keeper (but we're working on it) and it was one of our forwards (don't have many of those either) in net so it did effect us. And we only have 14 signed so we need a keeper to get all 14 players on the pitch!

I wouldn't say you don't belong in Div 1, I just think we shouldn't have lost that game. You guys know how to play to your advantage on that stumpy, itty bitty field so the tables could turn when you play us again at Cariboo.

Hey Spazz,

I don't want to make an ass of myself, but since your last message was addressed to "Little Person," I am going to go out on a limb and guess it was meant for me!! My message was actually meant for CHAB, a. I (mistakenly I might add) thought that Can Head A Ball's reply (bloody confusing names!) was actually from Can't Head A Ball and I got a little miffed :eek: . I was trying to tell CHAB that instead of complaining, he should help his team. OOPS.

How was your game against Southside? We haven't played them yet. Any advice? You were right about our game vs. Wickham. We tied 2-2, and while they were OK, I thought we were unlucky not to win. We had a number of acoring chances, but weren't able to convert enough of them.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay now I'm confused.... are you & Magic on the same team? Which team then? Cause CHAB talks about Kerrisdale and you posted below about your game vs Wickham....? So you know CHAB and his panties? :D Or are you Wickham?

We haven't played Kerrisdale yet.....

ARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH the SouthSide game.... don't make me post that shameful score! We shite the bed! :eek:

Rangers were up 1-bagel in the first half only to have yours truly stretch out the stumpy leg to attempt to stop the ball and clearly missed so that fast little check (Rosa) of mine caught on to my mistake and was gone..... our sweeper jockeyed (sp??) a little too much and should have went for ball before Rosa wound up and took a beauty of a shot on our net. We got really sloppy after that and managed to hold it off as a tie. :mad:

And still no Keeper though Colleen's playing very well in net for us these days!

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Southside was stronger than I would have figured but not very good. Rosa does most of the work there. You guys should be fine if you're young & fit and don't try a horrible looking ballerina move that will cost you! :D

But Southside still technically has a won a game yet....

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz...Rosa used to play for the Jaguar's and she is a QUALITY player, that's for sure!! No worries on your stumpy leg missin' the ball...it was a nice try, but I am sure you would have caught up to anyone else, but Rosa...forget about it :p

Good 1st half from what I witnessed!

striker14

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well it was a big loss for the fury yesterday to Club I.The score was 2-0 with Club I's 2nd coming off a clinically taken pk no chance for any goalie. The 2nd half pretty much even.As for the first half Club I was stronger.The big loss of the day though came 10min into the game for the Fury,with Nadia P going down in what could be a season ending injury.Not usually a church man myself but have decided to go to confession this week and also pray that she"s not badly hurt and will be back!!I think 1B is definately a hard group and feel that there's 4 or 5 teams that can steal points on any given day.But if Club I and SBAA bring there "A" games out it will be between these 2 for promotion!!By the way it was nice to see SC out and have a small chat line with her!!! ;)

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
By the way it was nice to see SC out and have a small chat line with her!!! ;)

Is it true that SC, coming back soon from her own injury, will step in and take Nadia's place? I heard SC was already on the Fury's negotiations list. ;)

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr.9-1-1 you are so quick to stir the pot!!No wonder it's true that you never burn pasta :D As for SC stepping in for Nadia we would only be so lucky.SC is still aways from getting on the field with her injury.Trust me though I'm gonna try and work it,but I think I'm in an uphill battle considering she carpooled to the game with Club I's coach.Any suggestions Mr 9-1-1 on how I can work this one??(it would be greatly appreciated)

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I doubt SC will be lacing up the boots anytime soon since she was at our game taking about her injuries to none other than GG...
And if her Plantar Facitis is anything like mine she'd be smart to not play! OUCH :(

Heard about the game Conductor.... tough luck. Hope your "Nadia P" isn't out for too long!

And lets all pray the Rangers get a goalie signed before next Sunday since I did offer to play in net.... :eek:

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Okay now I'm confused.... are you & Magic on the same team? Which team then? Cause CHAB talks about Kerrisdale and you posted below about your game vs Wickham....? So you know CHAB and his panties? :D Or are you Wickham?

Sorry Spazz...I didn't mean to confuse you! I do know CHAB and his panties :D , and no, I don't play with Magic.

It's too bad when your stump gets in the way, but what can you do??? It happens to all of us at some point or another! ;)

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks to everyone for their concern about my injury(ies) ;) . I really appreciate the chatter about where I'm going to play, what I plan to do, and when I'm going to be ready to play...:eek:

Let's all remember that I'm only one person and I don't make the difference in the divisional standings :rolleyes: ...I'm just a fragment of what needs to 'work' on a winning team ;) .

Keep talking Conductor, the negotiations will take place at a press conference sometime soon. Perhaps I'll call up the Young Guns managment alongside the numerous offers I've had, and we can hash things out from there :p .

I was really sorry to see Nads go down (with her knee) as I hate to see anyone go down (with injuries). I'm pretty sure I'm struggling with fact that I'm getting older and washed up, hense, taking my time to come back:eek: . I'm not so sure if it's worth it to play :confused: .

I've been hearing nasty things about refs lately and I'm considering taking over with a black uni and a whistle. I'll start in the co-ed league and work my way down to VMSL Div I :eek:

Let the bidding begin...:wa:
+SC

BTW, Conductor already knows what it will take for me to play for Fury... booze is the key :D ...

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm considering taking over with a black uni and a whistle. I'll start in the co-ed league
SC this might not be a bad idea.If you play your cards right you could even be like "circle ED" where he gets paid to stand in the circle and to top it all off he even weasels his way in on a teams beer and gets out with$50 and a six pack,not bad for a few hours work!!!SC you are right that you are only one part towards a team puzzle.I would like to consider you the chain on a bike.If your chain is broken and your going down hill you don't have problems,but if your going uphill without a chain you have a whole lot of work cut out.I like the look of the Fury and this is only gonna build more character for us,hopefully one day we will be able to say we signed another great character ;)

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holly Crap, you leave for a week and the board lights up. Okay, to clarify for the uninformed, my comment was that this past weekend (3 days ago), the only player on my team that has been scoring was going to be away that weekend. Further, I do have confidence in my team but that we need allot of work and third, I am looking forward to the rest of the team to arrive because we have not been going into games healthy with key positions missing from one week to the next and the added (healthy) subs would be necessary. Read into it what you want but go ahead, "Take the Piss" as that's what we are here for.

Finally, SPAZZ, you really do not want me wearing panties. It doesn't matter that Hallowe'en is around the corner but I can introduce you to a few guys who probably do??

Oh damn, I just ckecked the board again and there is a Can_Head_A_Ball. No wonder the confusion. Oh come on now, get a little creative.

CHAB (Can't Head a Ball and does NOT wear panties). :)

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have no predictions this week as everyone will be sh*tkicked from all the Halloween parties.

Good luck to all!
:bronco:

RICKETS

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WICKHAM FC 2 PCOV 1.... for all those WICKHAM FC bashers and non believers... we're winning cuz we are a VERY solid team. yah we might have a short home field but most of our wins have been on the road so shut yer cake holes... 'nuff said!!!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
RICKETS said:
WICKHAM FC 2 PCOV 1.... for all those WICKHAM FC bashers and non believers... we're winning cuz we are a VERY solid team. yah we might have a short home field but most of our wins have been on the road so shut yer cake holes... 'nuff said!!!

I wonder who this was aimed at? :rolleyes:

Rebuttle?

go for it

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm with Rickets......how come we ARE winning our "away" games? We have confidence amongst our teammates and can play on any sized field. If that's what you dwell or concentrate on, then no wonder you don't get better than a lose or tie!!!

go for it

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Not knocking Kerrisdale cause when I was playing with Club I last year they were our toughest team to play (Rovers were up there too but Kerrisdale has more skill) and though I didn't find Wickham to be all that good, I think it may be an even matched game!

I should have based the score on where the game's played though.... Wickham's home field is a very short field and they hump it and run on to it and they seem to have that down pat. I think when they play us on Cariboo's huge turf field they find things a little different!

Hey spazz......did you not think that WE have played on either the TWO (HUGE) turf fields on the North Shore?? We know what turf is all about....bring it on.
Oh, and the more you "take the piss", the more we win!! Keep it up......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0