Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - September 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was actually a really fun game ending in a 3 all tie (we tied it in the last few minutes!)

We gave up 2 bad goals..... one should've been offside except we had a midfielder that kept backing up and keeping them on.... and then our sweeper had a header that just ending up being a gift to a Fury's foot and she buried it nicely.
I think if we had Jackie, our missing center mid that goes like the Energizer Bunny and holds our middle together it would have completely changes the game!

And Miko did an AMAZING job in net so now if we could only find a way to bride her to stay in there!!! :confused:

But it was a great game, both teams were laughing (mostly at the bad referee calls) and making jokes....

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz,
Miko was always a great athlete and she'll always do fine anywhere on the pitch. Your team is fun and always has a good time regardless of the situation(s). I'm glad you finally found a good fit.

I wish I stayed to take in the entire game but I had to scout out the other new tallent on another pitch.

How was the cooler apres? Conductor, were you too hungover to make the trek to Terra Nova??? ;)

+SC

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC,you probably already had drinks in you cause I was at the game.The game ended up tied as Spazz has already said but I definetily feel like it was a loss.The only nice goal scored by the Shooters was there 2nd one that went in off the post probably a fluke but none the less a great goal.The other 2 were both gifts from our defence turning it over.This is a game that if we don't keep killing ourselves with offensive offsides and scoring on even15% of our chances it's all over by halftime.Not to take anything from Richmond they didn't stop playing even after giving up there lead midway through the 2 half and it ended up earning them a valuable point with some confidence to build on for there next game!!By the way Spazz,I thought your keeper had a great game especially for someone who's not really a keeper!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach, I guess I didn't smell your cigarettes on the sidelines to know you were there :eek: ;) . Your squad looked fit(er) and I thought the result would have been a different score. Are you looking to fill some holes on the team?

+SC

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our team was chatting and we found Fury's offence very strong! Some quick forwards and that blond midfielder who managed to sit in the middle of the pitch WIDE OPEN (couldn't figure out how we seemed to leave her alone) really control the game but the back line was not as strong. Little Mel will be the icing on the cake for you guys! She's awesome! :D

SC-I heard Miko's a wicked forward too.... very speedy?!?! She hasn't been out much so I'm still finding out she's a SUPERSTAR! ;)

But I think those 3 goals, good or not, will open the flood gates (now that we have a little more confidence!) and hopefully win us a game!

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland B vs. Norvan/NSGSC Strikers
Richmond Stingrays vs. Vancouver Fury
Shamrock Rovers B vs. Richmond Shooters TIE
Delta United A vs. Kerrisdale FC

Predictions in RED - hope it comes out a little easier to read than last time ;) .
I have confidence in my team, but I know that Delta is a strong team and has been playing together for a number of years. They are always tough to beat, and if the scores from the first 2 games of the season are any indication, then they will competting to stay at the top of our group. Glad to see that our game time this week is a reasonable 12pm at Association, and not some crap time of 9:15 am!!

Good luck to everyone.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin said:
Glad to see that our game time this week is a reasonable 12pm at Association, and not some crap time of 9:15 am!!

Munchkin, I hear ya but everyone seems to be getting their share of early kick-offs :mad:

I think Conductor's crew will win and Spazz crew to win also. Just a gutt feeling :)

Good luck!
+SC

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think we have a good shot at a win Sunday....

Just came from practice with the Rovers and they have some speed but also some new players as a chunk of them went up to over 30's :eek:

Munchkin-good luck this weekend! Delta United doesn't seem to give up! But get some goals on them and bring down their standings a little!

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SPAZZ,

I am dropping Munchkin to defense on sunday and unfortunately, I will be in Kamloops so we have a guest coach coming out to run the show. He helped us out last year as well as this use to be his team, albiet only 5 players are left from that squad.

So, any "scouting" report on Delta that Munchkin and the troops can use??

I may have to disagree with Munchkin's predictions but I always have to be the optimist, don't I:rolleyes:.

By the way, what are you doing practicing with the Rovers??? I thought you were with the Shooters:confused:

CHAB

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CHAB, no comments from your last game? I was waiting to see your perspective on things...

+SC

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC,

Well......Munchkin did NOT score against us so that was good. I think as Cappy said after the game, both teams were out of shape and both teams were working with 3-6 new players into the line-up on our respective squads. It really could have gone either way. My striker (not Munchkin, Cappy) got by your defender and shot the ball right over the crossbar with I think 15 minutes left in the game. One of the Club I players serviced a ball across the goal line that went through everybody on both teams with about 10 minutes left. I thought it was a gritty, well fought game on both teams' part. I know we have some areas to sort out......... like our defense, and that is why Munchkin will be on Defense this weekend vs Delta.

10 goals in 2 games by Delta, guess I won't be there this weekend to see how good or not they really are.

CHAB

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the way, what are you doing practicing with the Rovers??? I thought you were with the Shooters

They practice at Sportstown but take on "extras" to have enough people to play and also to help cover the EXPENSIVE cost....
Works for me cause I get to play, get exercise and scope out the competition! :D

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
They practice at Sportstown but take on "extras" to have enough people to play and also to help cover the EXPENSIVE cost....
Spazz, does this mean in four years the Shamrocks haven't built a women's league...or is it just their "practice time"?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From yesterday....

Club Ireland 2 Norvan Strikers 1

Apparently, not a very good showing by the ladies in Hoops. The other team was only playing with 9 players.........I can't comment on this but that is what I heard.

Takethepointsandrun CSC

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC said:
Spazz, does this mean in four years the Shamrocks haven't built a women's league...or is it just their "practice time"?

Not really! Used to be a women's indoor league (was crap) and as far as I know now they rent it for practice and take a few of us outsiders to make 2 full teams!

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin said:
Club Ireland B vs. Norvan/NSGSC Strikers
Richmond Stingrays vs. Vancouver Fury
Shamrock Rovers B vs. Richmond Shooters TIE
Delta United A vs. Kerrisdale FC

Predictions in RED - hope it comes out a little easier to read than last time ;) .Good luck to everyone.

Oh so wrong Munchie...

We took it to 'em 2-bagel but played a little kaotic! If we played like we did last Sunday I think we could have done much better than 2 nil but hey, a win's a win and we're happy about it!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond Stingrays 1 Vancouver Fury 0.I thought it was a good game by both teams.They had a full bench and we were missing a couple of starters that maybe could have been the difference for us.But no excuses again we let in a late goal with about 5 mins to go.It was a cracker from close to 30 yards out that tipped the crossbar and went in.No chance for our goalie.SC I must add that I love the confidence that you have in our team with your predictions for us to win,but at the same time I'm not sure if your just teasing me with your reverse pyschology.Anyways still waiting for you to get back to me about some girls you mentioned earlier on here!!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's my colour coded response :eek:

Coach, I would never tease you ;), I just know you have a quality squad. I'm pretty shocked with the start to your season though :( .

Nice to see you again today Munchkin :) . I'm sure a few people would be surprised to hear about Kerrisdale taking it to Delta U. When you told me who the guest coach was I was sure he did a fantastic job as usual (right Ralphie Boy?) :wa:

Spazz, that's a shame. Those girls were so sure they would be able to do a better job than myself in recruiting and building a league for themselves. I tried, failed, they tried and turned it into a training session. Nothing wrong with that I guess. Are you still playing indoor b/c that's a lot of footy you're into. :confused: Remember to look after your feet sista :)

Conductor, what's up this Friday I think I'm checking out the Friday 8pm game at Minoru :confused:

+SC

Spunkie

Sep 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
OOHHHH Munchkin--I love to see u have so much faith in our team.... But dude we won and that's all that matters!!! :wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0