Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - September 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Muchkin, don't make fun of me cause I can't read ok!?!?! :mad: :D

Looks like they recently changed ;) the schedule so now we're playing the Vancouver Fury....

Conductor-where are your attempts to scare the opposition? C'mon, tell me you picked up some superstars? Wasn't Mel Artuzo talking about playing for your team? (though I think she still may be nursing an injured knee or ankle)

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Muchkin, don't make fun of me cause I can't read ok!?!?! :mad: :D
I'm here, I'm here. Crawling back out from under my rock. I always knew you couldn't read and you were suppose to save a beer for when we play you, not consume it all after the 1st game.

What happened to the Wickham girls. Spazz, you better start on them again as they need the incentive or Munchkin will get bored. For that matter, where is Striker14, I know she's lurking around and Striker, will you stop already with the "Jewlery thing":rolleyes:

CHAB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin said:
Hmmm, the website has us playing Club Ireland this Sunday at UBC :confused: . Could it be that you consumed too much of the team cooler before posting? ;)

Where the hell is everybody? Is it going to be left up to Spazz, CHAB, SC (who isn't even playing in this division anymore) and I to carry this thread the whole seaon? I know we can TTP each other until our hearts are content, but some fresh blood in the water would be nice...... :wa:
Munchkin

I'm predicting that you'll beat us on Sunday, Munchkin. I know that is not a piss-take but I have to be honest. :D What is the maximum score they post on the net?

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
I'm predicting that you'll beat us on Sunday, Munchkin. I know that is not a piss-take but I have to be honest. :D What is the maximum score they post on the net?
Cappy,

You playing Possum again???? We'll see but you know that Munchkin is a -1 in the old scoring department, yup, she scored on our own net last week and a mighty fine goal it was Munchkin :rolleyes:

CHAB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
Cappy,

You playing Possum again???? We'll see but you know that Munchkin is a -1 in the old scoring department, yup, she scored on our own net last week and a mighty fine goal it was Munchkin :rolleyes:

CHAB

Well, we might just need another own goal from a Kerrisdale player to score this weekend. :) It will be a very difficult year for our division one team..........

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz,yes we do have have Mel Artuso and yes she is out with a lower body injury.Oh heck the season has just started too far from the playoffs.It's her knee that is messed up.There is talk of us getting her sister Michelle though which would be a huge boost with us.We have picked up a few new faces and will also have Kelly Koy back from her honeymoon.As for our last game I wasn't there but heard we played pretty good and maybe should of had a few more.Like usual we are missing that one pure goal scorer.We had Nadia pietramela last year who scored 5 goals in 2games of work before she went down with injury.Well should be a good game against the Shooters this weekend,hopefully we can pull off an upset!!

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kerrisdale FC vs. Club Ireland B
Richmond Shooters vs. Vancouver Fury
Shamrock Rovers B vs. Delta United ANorvan/NSGSC Strikers vs. Richmond Stingrays TIE

Here are my predictions for this weekend (winners in purple). I may have just shot myself in the foot for our own game, but there's nothing like living on the edge :eek: . Bring on the Hoops :wa: ! Hope everyone has a good game.

I'm sorry to hear the Mel is down with an injury Conductor, but kudos to you if you can snag Michelle. Is Nadia P. playing with you again this year, or is she still injured? She would definitely fall in to the "pure goal scorer" category IMHO. Haven't seen her play in a couple of years, but it was much more fun having her on my team than trying to play against her (as a defender)!

Munchkin out!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin said:
Kerrisdale FC vs. Club Ireland B
Richmond Shooters vs. Vancouver Fury
Shamrock Rovers B vs. Delta United ANorvan/NSGSC Strikers vs. Richmond Stingrays TIE

Here are my predictions for this weekend (winners in purple). I may have just shot myself in the foot for our own game, but there's nothing like living on the edge :eek: . Bring on the Hoops :wa: ! Hope everyone has a good game.

I'm sorry to hear the Mel is down with an injury Conductor, but kudos to you if you can snag Michelle. Is Nadia P. playing with you again this year, or is she still injured? She would definitely fall in to the "pure goal scorer" category IMHO. Haven't seen her play in a couple of years, but it was much more fun having her on my team than trying to play against her (as a defender)!

Munchkin out!

Totally agree with all your picks, Munchkin.

TAL

Hail Hail

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd consider agreeing, if only I could distinguish between the thin purple letters from the thin black letters. :confused:

I'll pick Kerrisdale because I have friends on that team.

Go Kerrisdale Go.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
I'd consider agreeing, if only I could distinguish between the thin purple letters from the thin black letters. :confused:

I'll pick Kerrisdale because I have friends on that team.

Go Kerrisdale Go.

WOO HOO for frineds!! Sorry about the indistinguishable lettering - it seemed like a good idea at the time :p . Next time I will try picking a different font as well.
M.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin said:
WOO HOO for frineds!! Sorry about the indistinguishable lettering - it seemed like a good idea at the time :p . Next time I will try picking a different font as well.
M.

You should try this colourIt will represent the team you're going to beat on Sunday rather well I must say.......:D

Hail Hail

TAL

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
You should try this colourIt will represent the team you're going to beat on Sunday rather well I must say.......:D

Hail Hail

TAL

I don't know Cappy, my goalie is coughing up a lung, but oh wait, I have 2 others, Spazz you want one:p. Nice to see you tonight in the pavilion Cappy and no those were not my kids.

Keeper, nice to see we have some fans. I think I know Mrs. Keeper, how's her leg?

Munchkin, you're still a -1 so you better bury a few goals on sunday.

CHAB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
I don't know Cappy, my goalie is coughing up a lung, but oh wait, I have 2 others, Spazz you want one:p. Nice to see you tonight in the pavilion Cappy and no those were not my kids.

Keeper, nice to see we have some fans. I think I know Mrs. Keeper, how's her leg?

Munchkin, you're still a -1 so you better bury a few goals on sunday.

CHAB

Nice to see you, CHAB. Bury a few goals........that's a lot of pressure. :D I know you'll have the advantage of subs on Sunday so let's hope our 11(hopefully 12) can keep up with your team. See you then, ladies and gents.

TAL

Hail Hail

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
C.H.A.B.,

Mrs. Keeper is day-to-day. Some days she's happy go lucky and ready to play; other days she whines and moans endlessly about how her leg is ruining her life. It may be due to which side of the bed I get up on.

Thisisjustbetweenyouandme,'kay?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Club Ireland 0 Kerrisdale 0

I was extremely pleased with the girls performance. 6 new players and we worked very hard right until the end. There weren't a lot of chances for either team to be honest and it was a rather scrappy game but our effort was very good and our new goalie we signed was fantastic. :) Overall, a fair result for both teams in my opinion.....I just wish we could have buried that cross with about 8 minutes to go in the game....inside the 6 and missed the ball completely.......Oh well, we can only keep improving hopefully......

Well done, Kerrisdale, on a good battle.

Hail Hail

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock said:
Club Ireland 0 Kerrisdale 0

I was extremely pleased with the girls performance. 6 new players and we worked very hard right until the end. There weren't a lot of chances for either team to be honest and it was a rather scrappy game but our effort was very good and our new goalie we signed was fantastic. :) Overall, a fair result for both teams in my opinion.....I just wish we could have buried that cross with about 8 minutes to go in the game....inside the 6 and missed the ball completely.......Oh well, we can only keep improving hopefully......

Well done, Kerrisdale, on a good battle.

Hail Hail

Totally agree with your assessment of the game Cappie. It was a pretty even battle, and both teams only had 1 real dangerous scoring opportunity - yours went right through everybody in the 6 yard box and out the other side, while our striker had a wide open net after beating the keeper to the ball and she put it over the net. It ended up being a fair score. Not bad for a couple of teams that are struggling with numbers and 5-6 new players each. It can only improve frome here, and if nothing else, I didn't score on my own net this time, so I'm chuffed :D .

How did everyone else fare?
Munchkin

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
munchkin said:
Totally agree with your assessment of the game Cappie. It was a pretty even battle, and both teams only had 1 real dangerous scoring opportunity - yours went right through everybody in the 6 yard box and out the other side, while our striker had a wide open net after beating the keeper to the ball and she put it over the net. It ended up being a fair score. Not bad for a couple of teams that are struggling with numbers and 5-6 new players each. It can only improve frome here, and if nothing else, I didn't score on my own net this time, so I'm chuffed :D .

How did everyone else fare?
Munchkin

That's right, Munchkin, I forgot about your chance with the keeper out of the net There were 2 defenders behind her but a high shot would have been the only way to score probably and the girl just put it over.......

Good luck next week, Munchkin.

Hail Hail

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd like to know how the Fury - Shooters game ended. I left very early and it was already 1-1. It looked like both teams were all offense and creating a lot of chances in front of the net. Who knows, I could be all wrong :confused: b/c I was heading off to catch Mackers' Div. 3 crew in action.

I'm taking a wild guess and saying that injuries/fitness slowed the Shooters down??? Spazz? Conductor (who wasn't there)?

+SC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0