Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - September 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz,

I hear you are back in Div. 1 and have approval to be on this site:rolleyes: Any predictons for the season opener?

Div. 1A

Aldergrove Wanda'ers vs Abbotsford Mariners
Surrey United C vs Surrey United B
Langley United vs Chilliwack Rapids
SBAA Ajax B vs Lanley Devils

Div. 1B
Club Ireland B vs Shamrock Rovers B
Richmond Stingrays vs Kerrisdale FC
Vancouver Firy vs Norvan/NSGSC Strikers
Delta United A vs Richmond Shooters

Div. 1C
Coquitlam City Gunners vs Burnaby Canadians Tigers
Burnaby Rangers vs Southside Strikers
Wickham FC vs North Shore Strikers
West Van Storm vs Norvan/NSGSC Hearts

CHAB

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
Spazz,

I hear you are back in Div. 1 and have approval to be on this site:rolleyes: Any predictons for the season opener?

Div. 1A

Aldergrove Wanda'ers vs Abbotsford Mariners
Surrey United C vs Surrey United B
Langley United vs Chilliwack Rapids
SBAA Ajax B vs Lanley Devils

Div. 1B
Club Ireland B vs Shamrock Rovers B
Richmond Stingrays vs Kerrisdale FC
Vancouver Firy vs Norvan/NSGSC Strikers
Delta United A vs Richmond Shooters

Div. 1C
Coquitlam City Gunners vs Burnaby Canadians Tigers
Burnaby Rangers vs Southside Strikers
Wickham FC vs North Shore Strikers
West Van Storm vs Norvan/NSGSC Hearts

CHAB

I predict that both Club Ireland teams will struggle this weekend.......as numbers are an issue already. Oh well, you do what you can with what you have. :D

Hail Hail

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder how much of a difference there is between Surrey United C and Surrey United B??? Sounds like it could be a close one :confused:

Delta United A vs Richmond Shooters will be a very physical match-up...I'd like to watch just for the entertainment :)

I can't/won't say too much about the other teams since I haven't seen any matches yet. My guess is that the talent has spread out and some games/div. could prove to be very tight :cool:

Good luck to all teams this season :)
+SC

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First prediction is I won't be getting the boot for posting this year.... :rolleyes: :D

Second, we still have no keeper.... and I'm a little worried about going up against Delta United first game but no worries.... my (new) team is all about the beer cooler (God bless their souls!)

What's with Shamrock Rovers 'B'? I don't see a team in Selects.... so did they split into 2 teams? Anyone know about that?

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apprently the Rover's moved onto "Classics" or O-30s as we all call it. Good luck with your new team Spazz :)

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
.... my (new) team is all about the beer cooler (God bless their souls!)
SPAZZ,

Have some beer ready for me when we play you. If I can't stay, we'll give it to Munchkin, she's ........back and I am playing her up front this year.

CHAB

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
Second, we still have no keeper....
What is it with you and NO Keepers? Wasn't in like that the last 2 teams you played for??

CHAB

By the way, who was Surrey United C last year?? Had to have been a Div. 2 Team promoted??:confused: Any thoughts SC?

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My guess is that Surrey United C is their U21 team from last year.

Its funny because when the Abby Mariners won the entire U21 division in the previous year they were only allowed to enter into Div. 2 not div. 1 like Surrey United C have been allowed this year. :rolleyes:

To Abby's credit they earned promotion to div. 1 this last season. But the leagues decision definitely put their quest for a premier spot behind by a year.

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
But the leagues decision definitely put their quest for a premier spot behind by a year.

How so? Any team had the chance to join the Premier division this season. In fact, given that there are only 7 teams, they'd probably still let an 8th in. Well, maybe it's too late now, but anyone was welcome.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
By the way, who was Surrey United C last year?? Had to have been a Div. 2 Team promoted??:confused: Any thoughts SC?
I'm not sure, but read bravedart's post :) .

Yes Spazz, what is it with you (your teams) and keepers. I thought the Shooters had a decent keeper :confused:

bravedart

Aug 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Six of One said:
My understanding was that any team in the MWSL that wanted to try its luck in Premier was welcome to do so.

Was this a formal invitation given out to all teams? I didn't hear anything of this.

This surprises me as a few years back my team made a go of it in Premier and, after failing quite poorly that year we were dropped down to division two. The league then told me that they would NEVER do that again....well, maybe they wold just never let ME do that again. :confused:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yikes! A drop from Premiere to Div2? Seems like the work of unorganized useless league officials..... :rolleyes:

The MWSL never ceases to amaze me....

Ya-no keeper again.... not sure who was daring enough to stand between the posts last year but (and I can say this without offending anyone) since it's a baby factory team and the fact that we're ALL getting old.... the keeper is either injured or pregnant, etc....

And it looks like MOST of the teams out there have an ad on the MWSL Bulletin Board for keepers.... so hard to find....
Not sure what we will do.... flip a coin maybe (so long as it's not me!)

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
.... (and I can say this without offending anyone) since it's a baby factory team and the fact that we're ALL getting old.... the keeper is either injured or pregnant, etc....

And it looks like MOST of the teams out there have an ad on the MWSL Bulletin Board for keepers.... so hard to find....
Not sure what we will do.... flip a coin maybe (so long as it's not me!)
SPAZZ,

So you go from one "Baby Factory Team" to another. Hmmmm..........

When we play you, can you go in net??? Munchkin needs a few goals to get her warmed up this season.:D Thanks,

CHAB

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can'tHeadABall said:
SPAZZ,

When we play you, can you go in net??? Munchkin needs a few goals to get her warmed up this season.:D Thanks,

CHAB

Whew...it has been a while since i've posted. Thanks for the vote of confidence CHAB :D . Not that I don't think Spazz could handle herself in net, butit sounds like she feels as I do, that you would be better off with a slice of swiss cheese (holes and all!) between the pipes than with me in there! I don't envy you Spazz. It is tough to play without a goalie, and when you have to resort to putting people in there that don't really want to play there, it can be rough. But best of luck.

I can't remember if we've played this Richmond team, so I have no idea what to predict. On the self-serving side, I would like to think it will be us coming off with the win, but since this is only the first game of the year, who knows what will happen. good luck everyone
Munchkin

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's right CHAB - maybe I'm hoping (especially being married next year) that the baby factory will rub off on me.... :eek: We'll see.... :)

And no, I dread going in net.... more so of Munchkin on forward cause I've played AGAINST her (years ago) when she managed to break our keepers nose so I'd prefer to keep mine in place thanks! :eek: (oh the haunting memories eh Munchkin!) ;) :D

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kerrisdale 1 - Richmond Stingrays? 2

Oh, what a way to start the season :rolleyes: . It was a close game with both teams having some pretty good chances, a few crossbars and some nice saves by both keepers.

The score was close at 1-0 Richmond until just after midway through the second half until yours truly decided to showcase her talent by scoring on our on net :mad: . The ball squirted through the striker and our keeper, and while i was trying to help the keeper by protecting the goal line, the ball hit my foot and rolled into the goal. It was one of those moments that happen in slow motion because you can see it happening, but there is nothing you can do to stop it, even though the ball is only 30cm away from you :( . Ah Oh well, at least it wasn't playoffs!! It can only go uphill for me from now on!

How did everyone else fare this weekend??
munchkin

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DMU 5 - Richmond Shooters 0 :(

Tough game (but I knew that going into it).... we held our own until the first goal and then we hung our heads assuming the game was already over (with a long way to go) and somewhat gave up. Had a 2 close chances on net but not close enough.

Hard not having an experienced keeper.... but the girl we put into net did her best and a few goals were defence mistakes and lack of communication to the keeper.

Delta had some good, speedy players! But we kept it a good clean game.

But with more fitness, practicing as a team and hopefully more goalie training for Mandy (who for some unknown reason is actually willing to go in net) we will improve quickly.

But win or lose we drink beer... gotta like that in a team! :D

On to Munchkin and Kerrisdale next weekend....

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz said:
DMU 5 - Richmond Shooters 0 :(

Tough game (but I knew that going into it).... we held our own until the first goal and then we hung our heads assuming the game was already over (with a long way to go) and somewhat gave up. Had a 2 close chances on net but not close enough.

Hard not having an experienced keeper.... but the girl we put into net did her best and a few goals were defence mistakes and lack of communication to the keeper.

Delta had some good, speedy players! But we kept it a good clean game.

But with more fitness, practicing as a team and hopefully more goalie training for Mandy (who for some unknown reason is actually willing to go in net) we will improve quickly.

But win or lose we drink beer... gotta like that in a team! :D

On to Munchkin and Kerrisdale next weekend....

Hmmm, the website has us playing Club Ireland this Sunday at UBC :confused: . Could it be that you consumed too much of the team cooler before posting? ;)

Where the hell is everybody? Is it going to be left up to Spazz, CHAB, SC (who isn't even playing in this division anymore) and I to carry this thread the whole seaon? I know we can TTP each other until our hearts are content, but some fresh blood in the water would be nice...... :wa:
Munchkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0