Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct - Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct & Nov 2006

Spazz,

You've awfully quite lately:confused: I see you guys beat Delta 2-1 today. Way to go:D. Gotta get your game report cuz I'd like to know what they were like with your team.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Can'tHeadABall said:
Hey Ali,

Yeah, if we could postpone the game scheduled on sunday the 12th, I would be up for that. You can PM me or Munchkin to sort it out. The make-up week is Dec 8-10 so if you can secure Dec. 8 (Friday night - 8 pm or later) as you prefer that, then that would give us enough time to get players to get work off. Otherwise we would also be good with Sun. Dec. 10. It would be appreciated but it's your call:). Then we would have to get approval from the league but I don't want to be going in with 9 players again on sunday. Suffered some injuries because of that Friday game. Somehow I think it will rain all week anyway and the fields in Vancouver will still be closed so you might as well try to secure a field.

Cheers,

I will check with the fields, CHAB. Of course, we have to contact Leslie too and let her know that we will play the Friday night game instead. Cheers.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - October 2006

munchkin said:
Kerrisdale 3 - Delta United 2

The straight red card came after our center midfielder and the Delta player ended up in a tackle on the ground and the Delta player swung her legs at Kris. Of course the ref did not see the initial leg swing even though he was standing right there, and only saw Kris swing back. I'm not saying Kris shouldn't have been carded for what she did, but there was no intent to injure and she did apologize AS SOON as she did it before the ref had even reacted. If the ref was going to hand out a card, he should have given the other girl a card as well. Not to mention the other Delta player that came in, after the ref had already blown the whistle for the foul, and 2 handed shoved our player out of the way to start a fight. She only got a yellow! I was under the impression that a third party entering a situation inciting a fight should automatically get a red?? Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seemed a little unfair (all bias aside of course ;) ). I know,I know. No one ever said life was fair and I'm dealing with it!

We just had a similar incident with them... our player was running and got taken down and she did some funky tumble roll and as she was rolling, her leg came up and swung at the Delta player (almost like they got tangled in her legs) and teh Delta player FREAKED out and basically pushed our player (who was getting up) back down with both hands.
The best part was the ref carded our player first with a yellow and then their player with a yellow though she originally took her down pretty nasty and shoved her down again and the ref saw the whole thing!

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Haven't been posting because it's been the same old thing really... we get 10 or maybe 11 players out (if we're lucky) and we were loosing! (I think we tied the Rumble or someone a few games ago... I haven't been playing much cause I was sick for like 3 weeks!!)

Sunday we had subs and we beat Delta. :D

If we ever get ALL our players out we could win more games and pull up in the standings! It's very frustrating!

And we just lost another player to a blown out knee... :( and she was a goal scorer too!

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Spazz said:
And we just lost another player to a blown out knee... :( and she was a goal scorer too!

OUCH, I feel for you there. Not to make light of the injury, but I really hope it wasn't a bad tackle that got her knee. I had 2 players last year that did their knee. The 1st one was actually against you guys and no one was within 10 yards of her. Turned the wrong way saving a ball at the end line and the knee popped. The other was in warm-up, stuck the leg out to get the ball and the knee went.

Hopefully you will get a full roster out from now on cuz it's no fun playing undermanned for sure. Cheer up, you guys did beat Delta:D.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Spazz said:
We just had a similar incident with them... our player was running and got taken down and she did some funky tumble roll and as she was rolling, her leg came up and swung at the Delta player (almost like they got tangled in her legs) and teh Delta player FREAKED out and basically pushed our player (who was getting up) back down with both hands.
The best part was the ref carded our player first with a yellow and then their player with a yellow though she originally took her down pretty nasty and shoved her down again and the ref saw the whole thing!
I would seriously send in a well thought out report on the whole thing so that the league has a file on this. Believe me, they have files. Also the referee reports but it should be as concise as possible so they can document it properly. I was talking to a reputable official I know quite well in the men's league and he even said (off the record of course), that some of the referee's that do women's games don't take it seriously and even comment that they'll sleep through the next game they do. Some obviously don't care but what can we do, get more women involved in refereeing once their playing days are over as that would surely help the league out. I know it doesn't help us now. I would film the games anytime you play teams you think have "naughty" players. I know that I am going to start doing that if we play them again. I would love to know which jersey number this player was and compare notes if it's the same one in our incident. If so, the next time, I'll have a video camera set up to just monitor her.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Spazz said:

Apparently it doesn't matter if the ref sees it or not. Maybe it only matters what team the girl plays for? Some teams are getting absolutely harsh cards for very minor offences (yes, that would be my team I'm referring to here), and other teams' players are getting yellow cards for pretty brutal tackles or trying to start fights. Where is the consistency :confused: ?

Congrats on the win against Delta Spazz. Now I know how you guys feel trying to play short or with few subs! Sucks donkey a$$ doesn't it :mad: ?!

pleaseletitrainALLweek - prettypuuuuullllllllllleeeeeeezzze

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Can'tHeadABall said:
I would film the games anytime you play teams you think have "naughty" players. I know that I am going to start doing that if we play them again.

WOW - "naughty" players?? That's a loaded statement CHAB. What are you really going to do with the tape?

If you're going to tape the game and it is raining, and we're wearing white, then I think Trece Verde might want a copy of that tape :knvb: .

timetogetoutofthegutterandgetbacktowork

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Can'tHeadABall said:
OUCH, I feel for you there. Not to make light of the injury, but I really hope it wasn't a bad tackle that got her knee. I had 2 players last year that did their knee. The 1st one was actually against you guys and no one was within 10 yards of her. Turned the wrong way saving a ball at the end line and the knee popped. The other was in warm-up, stuck the leg out to get the ball and the knee went.

Nope, same thing... she was alone and turned and it just popped. She's had knee surgery twice on the right knee so the left felt the need for surgery now... :confused:
(just goes to show we're not getting any younger! :D )

It'll hurt us without her but she's got a good attitude and plans to be back on the pitch for the start of next Winter!

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ya, a rainout this weekend would be good! Since when have they scheduled us on a long weekend? Fcuk, they won't play us Thanksgiving but the year they decide to throw Friday night games at us they also decide to make us play on the Rememberance Day long weekend?

And they said if we can't field a team we have to forfeit so there's another loss because everyone's going away!

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

munchkin said:
Congrats on the win against Delta Spazz. Now I know how you guys feel trying to play short or with few subs! Sucks donkey a$$ doesn't it :mad: ?!

Thanks, we needed a win to boost up our confidence again.

Would be sooooo different if all our players could be at the same game but we've got 4 or 5 injured players and then busy schedules! Amazing that we signed 25 again and only get 11 or 12 out to games... (even less to practices!)

LEFTY7NOW8

Nov 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

alikira said:
CHAB/Munchkin,

I forgot to mention that Semiamhoo played with SIX call-ups from their Under-21 team last week. League rules state you're only allowed five. I'm not sure what the situation was on Friday but it might be worth checking. Of course I'm only saying this because it happened the week before but we chose to do nothing about. You may feel differently(I might if they were hatcheting our players all game which they weren't) because of the way the game developed and I'm not talking about the score. Good luck and let's hope for that rain. ;) :D

I play for Semi, and I am new on the team. Maybe you guys mistook me as a U-21 call-up? I am 25 and definitely not a call-up. I know we have 2 or 3, but I don't recall six. And as far as I am concerned, our coaches are moral guys... I don't think they would break rules, especially important ones at that.

Sorry if you guys have such poor opinions about our team. If you could, try to leave it on the field, and take it to us next time. I would love to see your team in full force, and I know it isn't fun to play one or two players down.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Um, isn't the point of this site to TAKE THE PISS and provide your insight on teams?

Cause if we didn't we'd all be sitting here staring at the blank screen... :rolleyes:

And that post was one of milder ones about Semiahmoo, too bad you weren't on here months ago.... :D

LEFTY7NOW8

Nov 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Haha... yeah I guess that is what the website's called. I guess I just hope its "just banter." Because I have read some pretty nasty stuff about a lot of teams. I like to see the competition stay on the field and not turn personal. (As us girls tend to do).

Anyways, back to life...

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

LEFTY7NOW8 said:
I play for Semi, and I am new on the team. Maybe you guys mistook me as a U-21 call-up? I am 25 and definitely not a call-up. I know we have 2 or 3, but I don't recall six. And as far as I am concerned, our coaches are moral guys... I don't think they would break rules, especially important ones at that.

Sorry if you guys have such poor opinions about our team. If you could, try to leave it on the field, and take it to us next time. I would love to see your team in full force, and I know it isn't fun to play one or two players down.

Welcome to TTP. In case you were not aware Lefty, one of the reasons for posting on here is to "take the piss." I was not happy with how some of your teammates tackled some of our players. There were a lot of ankle kicks and shoves from behind. Now I know full well when either myself or someone on my team is hacking at other players on the field, so if you don't share the same opinion about how SOME of your teammates (if it wasn't you) were playing last Friday, then so be it. We can agree to disagree, but I'm not leaving it on the field. I didn't react to it on the field, so here is my forum to VENT :wa: . Unfortunately, we will not have the opportunity to meet again in regular league play as we have already played twice. Perhaps we will meet up again in playoffs, and I would love to have a full squad then too.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

LEFTY7NOW8 said:
Haha... yeah I guess that is what the website's called. I guess I just hope its "just banter." Because I have read some pretty nasty stuff about a lot of teams. I like to see the competition stay on the field and not turn personal. (As us girls tend to do).

Anyways, back to life...

There's a difference between commenting about a team or players' performance and making a personal attack. What I posted was my opinion of the game I played in. Hopefully no one takes it back onto the field b/c that is just silly I tell you! But this is a pretty good place to vent and TTP and most of us are smart enough to leave it at that.

Some players got their knickers in a super twist b/c they were lovingly referred to as a baby making team (by one of their own teammates) because a few players were off having babies, but they didn't understand the point of TTP :mad: . Frankly, I'm just as glad that person isn't posting anymore b/c they took the fun out of making fun! Just ask Spazz. I think she has fully recovered, but there might be a few scars left.

but seriously - we love to hear game reports, especially when two sides have different versions, so post away!

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

LEFTY7NOW8 said:

Anyways, back to life...
Nice to see a new person on this site. Don't worry, it is "just Banter":rolleyes:, at least in our thread from the people I know, can't say that for div. 2 but they are very entertaining. As much as we complain about other teams or just stir the pot, I think the main frustration is really with the refereeing more than anything else. Tackles, late or not seems more palatable if the correct call is given and players are at least given verbal warnings if they don't have the guts to pull a card out. Not that I like any player being taken out at all. As far as we are concerned, we take it out on the field with our play only (or lack of in some cases) as I would never condone cheap shots like Delta. I am glad you guys beat them 2 weeks ago. Maybe they can be relegated to Div 2 and in the same pool as the Div 2 girls who banter in theother thread. Now that would be entertaining:D and I'd pay good money to see that.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

LEFTY7NOW8 said:
I play for Semi, and I am new on the team. Maybe you guys mistook me as a U-21 call-up? I am 25 and definitely not a call-up.

forgot to mention....I think call-up players have to be identified on the game sheet, and teams also need to have the youth/within club permit at the game. That game you're referring to was against Club I, but if Ali thinks there were 6 call ups, then they were probably on the game sheet, otherwise coaches wouldn't know the difference between a call-up or a new player like yourself!

LEFTY7NOW8

Nov 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

To Munchkin... actually I do completely agree that some of our players were being too agressive. There is a difference between "blatant fouling" and "good hard agressive play," and some players can't separate the two. I admit, I was a part of the agressive play, but by no means was I out there aiming for people's ankles. I play the ball. Also, I agree we shouldn't "take it back onto the field." What I meant was just to take it to us, and show us the high level of skill you guys claim to (and probably DO) have next time we play you (although we won't see you again this season, most likely). Thanks for your mature response.

To CHAB... what's the complaint about the reffing? I have only played in one game so far, but from what I've seen, the refs are pretty typical. I like that they don't "call everything" because then the game is determined by the players, and not by the ref. Then again, from where I come from there are some pretty brutish girls who should have been carded for their style of play.

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

LEFTY7NOW8 said:
To CHAB... what's the complaint about the reffing? I have only played in one game so far, but from what I've seen, the refs are pretty typical. I like that they don't "call everything" because then the game is determined by the players, and not by the ref. Then again, from where I come from there are some pretty brutish girls who should have been carded for their style of play.

You weren't at other games we have played but if you were, you might agree or not. Having said that, there are some very, very good referees out there and 2 come to mind. One gentleman I believe only refs on the North Shore but if you ever play a NorthShore team, he is the guy who will sprint to the sidelines when either team is taking a throw in so that he can see the whole field. If you get him you will know who I mean and I personally think he is exceptional. The other is a guy who i think only does New West and the surrounding area. Bald guy and another exceptional referree. If you ever get these 2 gentlemen, you will then have a comparrison and know what I am talking about. Unfortunately, neither are in our pool. Until then, I hope you keep getting the refreees to like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0