Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct - Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira, CHAB, Spazz, Munchkin, etc. - Continue your discussions for the month of October.

How come no one's talking about the Selects division. I will start a thread in case any of you are interested.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - October 2006

We play Semiahmoo this Friday night but AGAIN we're missing our goal-scoring forward, one of our FEW younger players and the newly signed younger player... :(

And to make matters more annoying, we're supposed to be signing Semiahmoo's old keeper but it looks as if the coach doesn't want to play her OR let her go... wouldn't sign her transfer form so we could get her regisitered right away! :mad:

Here's hoping we pull off a win!

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Spazz said:
...coach doesn't want to play her OR let her go...

That's absolutely ridiculous...Classic case of I don't want you, but I don't want anybody else to have you either...It's bullshit...

If he's not gonna play her he should release her to a team that will. For cryin out loud, at least let her get her money's worth. If that were me, I'd be pissed.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Spazz said:
We play Semiahmoo this Friday night but AGAIN we're missing our goal-scoring forward, one of our FEW younger players and the newly signed younger player... :(

And to make matters more annoying, we're supposed to be signing Semiahmoo's old keeper but it looks as if the coach doesn't want to play her OR let her go... wouldn't sign her transfer form so we could get her regisitered right away! :mad:

Here's hoping we pull off a win!

Poor form on his part but that doesn't surprise after seeing him when we played them. He's not a friendly fellow to say the least and shouted at a player(I used to coach in youth) because she was talking to me 25 minutes before kick-off. How awful.

If you read this, bawbag, release the player for the game......It's not the EPL

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Spazz said:
....... it looks as if the coach doesn't want to play her OR let her go... wouldn't sign her transfer form so we could get her regisitered right away! :mad:
I told Munchkin she could go to your team, really I did:D but she likes it too much over here on the dark side and she really wants to play up front against you and not in goal BEHIND you:p.

Yeah, no class at all by that coach. I'm with Ali on that one. I mean, Mr. Munchkin was sitting on the other side of the field with Ali's team when we played them but did we get mad at him......nooooooo we didn't, though I can't comment on Mr & Mrs Munchkin that evening. He was sitting on our side against you Spazz last game. I would have been worried if he put his arse in his chair on your side of the field though.

CHAB

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

killerboot13 said:
where are they all??
thats too bad!

You missed our huge bitchfest last month about this...
1. Not used to Friday night games
2. Too many people have kids and need time to arrange a sitter
3. Most of the Husbands all play Friday night games too (so the free sitter is now a no-go)

Sucks! Though we don't generally get a full team out anyways... :confused:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Maybe the coach read the posts cause he was willing to sign the form tonight. :D

Mr. Muncher is a good hubby if he goes to her games... (that's a hint to Balsa but not only does he not come to my games he also doesn't read the MWSL threads either!)

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Balsa is more than welcome to sit on our sidelines when we play you guys again:D

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

And he would too! He'd just sit there and point out all the mistakes I make... what I should've done... how lazy I am...

Well at least you'd be more entertained next game! :D

Maybe we will be able to keep the ball out of the net with the new Semiahmoo keeper!!! Or maybe we'll have a full squad FOR ONCE.... you never know

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Spazz said:
And he would too! He'd just sit there and point out all the mistakes I make... what I should've done... how lazy I am...

Well at least you'd be more entertained next game! :D

Maybe we will be able to keep the ball out of the net with the new Semiahmoo keeper!!! Or maybe we'll have a full squad FOR ONCE.... you never know

Hopefully, the keeper is different from the first game when we played them.........

Parkay CSC

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Shooters pulled off a tie tonight 2-2. Not bad considering that whole Semiahmoo team is young enough to be the kids of our team! :eek: Plus they had double the numbers!

They got a weak goal in the first 10 mins but they lost it when thier Keeper bowled over our forward. A yellow was issued and we tied on the free kick.

They scored a decent header goal in the late end of the first half and were still running us hard.

Second half we got some shape (though they felt the need to take Casper out because no one could check her so down to NO subs AGAIN) and "my twin" Randi took a penalty from the corner area and "bent it like Beckham" right into the net! :eek: Shockingly great goal and it makes up for the shank last week. ;)

We help them off the remainding 15mins... maybe with JT, Rache, JJ, Betty or the (only) team youngins we could have gotten another goal.

Regardless of winning of losing we again ended up in a pub, shittered and then drinking more... I love this team!

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Since Munchkin is probably still celebrating her goal:rolleyes:, it was Kerrisdale 4 Shamrock Rovers 1. I'll let Munchkin send the report. Girls are gellin quite well now. I think as I write this, Spazz is getting whiplash against NSGSC Strikers tonight since they are all probably young enough to be Spazz's kids.:D How'd Club Ireland do?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Club Ireland 2 Delta United 2

I can't comment too much as I missed most of the first half and about the last 20 minutes of the second half......However, I saw their first goal which came off a short corner. We sent two players out but the second player lunged at the ball and missed..the girl crossed the ball and it skipped by 3 players into the corner of the net.....an accident but a goal nonetheless.

We scored about 10 minutes into the second half off of a throw-in which their girl misjudged. We then capitalized on another defensive mistake....they make quite a few of them.....to go up 2 - 1. Apparently they were awarded a penalty with about 10 minutes left.....and that was it. So far this year, our team is capable of beating all the teams.......but we're having difficulty towards the end of games for some reason......fitness perhaps? We'll see. On to the Strikers team, which gave us a very difficult time last year.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Spazz said:
Regardless of winning of losing we again ended up in a pub, shittered and then drinking more... I love this team!

Were you still drunk when you sent this?

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Actually I was... I came home and posted at 2am... :D

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Who pissed off the weather Gods something fierce last weekend? It pissed rain and looked like we were trying to have a wet t-shirt contest out on the field. S-M-R-T (smart ) idea wearing white jerseys during a downpour :eek: .

It was a pretty good game from my point of view. We maintined a clear majority of the possession and were all over them from about halfway into the 2nd half. We had 2 great goals off headers from corners, and one ugly goal that went in off a knee, but we'll take it! CHAB threatened that I better get a goal - so I did, and got the 4th. Rovers' goal was scored a cheeky one by chipping our keeper after our back line was caught a little bit flat. Otherwise, they weren't that threatening, and seemed to lose heart after our third goal. Heard some of their girls complaining that there was no support and no urgency and they were getting their nickers in a twist, but who wouldn't, b/c frankly that's no fun for anyone. Kerrisdale is also playing more like a cohesive team and it is pretty fun out on the field. We picked up a couple more players since the season started and they have been rock solid. Helps add a more threatening attack to our game I think. But then again, who needs help when we have the super red hot mrs. munchkin lighting up the net??!! ;) . At least i didn't make a fool out of myself the first time i get to play up front. That would have been all the ammo CHAB needed to keep doomed to defence :rolleyes: .

Pretty clean match overall. In fact, I don't even remember that many whistles in the game period, but certainly no yellows or red. That may have been b/c the ref threatened "with our teams' history, that I'm going to be an a**hole.". History, huh? He had us confused with Rovers/Vancouver Fury brawl last year when a Rovers player decked a Fury player. At least he was prepared to be tough in the interest of keeping a clean game with no boxing.

Sorry it wasn't a win Alikira, but at least it wasn't a loss. Spazz, how'd your game go against the Strikers?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Munchkin:

If you haven't figured out yet that CHAB specifically ordered those white jerseys so he can watch what comes up when you play in the rain, then you deserve to play for him....:D

not that there's anything wrong with that....

Trece

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

ha ha Trece - touche! I had already considered the wet t-shirt contest factor before last Sunday, but what can you do when the coach has your alternate set of jerseys that happen to be red and thus not see through?? I'm sure he does it on purpose when it rains, but hey, as long as someone enjoys the show right?! :rolleyes:

Any reports from the 2 games that were played last night? Ali, how did Club I fare?

lookingforwardtosomefootytomorrow
mrs. munchkin
:bronco:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Club Ireland 1 North Shore Strikers 0

We defended very well throughout but lacked cohesion at the attacking end, thanks to a lot of poor first touches. We scored a cracker with about 15 minutes left. They have some decent players but overall it was a scrappy game but one I think we probably deserved to win in the end, as we created more chances and had about 12 corners to their 2......not that that means too much other than our corner kicks need work. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0