Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct - Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct & Nov 2006

Can'tHeadABall said:
You weren't at other games we have played but if you were, you might agree or not. Having said that, there are some very, very good referees out there and 2 come to mind. One gentleman I believe only refs on the North Shore but if you ever play a NorthShore team, he is the guy who will sprint to the sidelines when either team is taking a throw in so that he can see the whole field. If you get him you will know who I mean and I personally think he is exceptional. The other is a guy who i think only does New West and the surrounding area. Bald guy and another exceptional referree. If you ever get these 2 gentlemen, you will then have a comparrison and know what I am talking about. Unfortunately, neither are in our pool. Until then, I hope you keep getting the refreees to like.

is it just me, or is it sad that you could only point out 2 refs that are "very good" :eek:
I think I know the New West guy...bald guy...is he a shorty?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

LEFTY7NOW8 said:
I play for Semi, and I am new on the team. Maybe you guys mistook me as a U-21 call-up? I am 25 and definitely not a call-up. I know we have 2 or 3, but I don't recall six. And as far as I am concerned, our coaches are moral guys... I don't think they would break rules, especially important ones at that.

Sorry if you guys have such poor opinions about our team. If you could, try to leave it on the field, and take it to us next time. I would love to see your team in full force, and I know it isn't fun to play one or two players down.

Lefty,

Welcome. The ref told our manager that you had six call-ups. We didn't make an issue of it and wouldn't have no matter what the result. That's what the ref said. As for our game against you, it was clean so I have nothing negative to say about the game. Although there was a drunk in the stands who was making an arse of himself.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Can'tHeadABall said:
You weren't at other games we have played but if you were, you might agree or not. Having said that, there are some very, very good referees out there and 2 come to mind. One gentleman I believe only refs on the North Shore but if you ever play a NorthShore team, he is the guy who will sprint to the sidelines when either team is taking a throw in so that he can see the whole field. If you get him you will know who I mean and I personally think he is exceptional. The other is a guy who i think only does New West and the surrounding area. Bald guy and another exceptional referree. If you ever get these 2 gentlemen, you will then have a comparrison and know what I am talking about. Unfortunately, neither are in our pool. Until then, I hope you keep getting the refreees to like.

I think you're TTP there, CHAB. :D I know the guy you're talking about and you couldn't be in a worse position as a referee to watch a throw in. Seriously. He's a nice guy and all and is probably one of the better ones I suppose. Gord Rogers calls a good game for the most part. :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

We had a decent ref last week against Semi actually...Bald guy...keeps up with the play....Only fault is that he doesn't point in the direction of which way the ball should go. Minor stuff but he seemed a decent ref......but generally.....not very good unfortunately........

LEFTY7NOW8

Nov 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

I don't know who the drunk guy was. Good entertainment? (Just kidding).

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

striker14 said:
is it just me, or is it sad that you could only point out 2 refs that are "very good" :eek:
I think I know the New West guy...bald guy...is he a shorty?
I know there are many very good refs, WALKS or ALIKIRA for example:rolleyes:. The two I mentioned are just the 1st two that came to mind. In any event, let's move on. As far as the height of the guy, it's all perspective. Since I think you are quite tall, he would be a shorty to you but since I'm vertcally challenged, he is a big guy to me.

Crawling back under my rock.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

We had a decent ref last week against Semi actuallyQUOTE]

[QUOTEbut generally.....not very good unfortunately........[/

Way to go out on a limb bawbag. Which one was he?:D

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Can'tHeadABall said:
Since I think you are quite tall, he would be a shorty to you...

How do you know how tall I am...are you stalking me again? ;)

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

WOW - just heard about the referee's report from our gaem against Delta when our player got a red card. The ref's report was totally innacurate and from what I heard, Kris "walked over to the player and kicked her in the back after the play," which is a bunch of BS :mad: . The other girls swung first! And what about the third Delta player that walked over to Kris and gave her a 2 handed shove, AFTER Kris had walked away from the player she got tangled up with??? She only got a yellow for what should have been an AUTOMATIC RED card and it happened right in front of the ref!! ARGH :mad: . Kerrisdale is getting the shaft huge, and the ref reports for our 2 red cards were inaccurate. Something needs to be done to fix the system. Why don't other players that witnessed the even get to report? Why do members of our own division and pool get to decide disciplinary action for someone they play against?

Man I'm miffed, and I'm going to go to the AGM in April to voice my displeasure.

mrs.munchkinisfightingmad

Wings

Sep 5, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey...I'm from Div 2 but I totally agree with you...the Disciplinary Committee for each division should not be made up of people from that division - Obviously decisions are going to be swayed!!!!

For example...a girl on our team gets 4 games (not including the automatic) for talking back to the ref, while a girl on another team walked up behind one of our players and hacked her in the ankles, while the ball was out of play. She got one game. The report called it a vicious attack, and the Disciplinary Guidelines state that it is a minimum of 2 games...so it's obvious those aren't being followed either.

I think going to the AGM is a great idea...But in the meantime I've asked to join the Disciplinary Committee. I haven't been to any hearings yet, but I'm fairly certain I'll be the only one with my head on my shoulders and not up my ass.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wings said:
Obviously decisions are going to be swayed!!!!

For example...a girl on our team gets 4 games (not including the automatic) for talking back to the ref, while a girl on another team walked up behind one of our players and hacked her in the ankles, while the ball was out of play. She got one game. The report called it a vicious attack, and the Disciplinary Guidelines state that it is a minimum of 2 games...so it's obvious those aren't being followed either.

I think going to the AGM is a great idea...But in the meantime I've asked to join the Disciplinary Committee. I haven't been to any hearings yet, but I'm fairly certain I'll be the only one with my head on my shoulders and not up my ass.

ha ha ha - you tell 'em!! While I don't think the people on the committe are purposefully trying to sabotage the decisions to favour themselves, I do think that a group made up of players from another division would be less biased.

I agree that there is no consistency in the disciplinary decisions. Our 2 players were given "violent conduct" decisions and got 3 games, so why did your player only get 2 games Wings? It doesn't make any sense. But then again this is the MWSL after all.

I also think that if the commitee doesn't meet to decide on the punishment for the card before the next game, then the player should not have to sit out more than one game. If they can't get their act together to meet with the players and make a decision, then they shouldn't be penalizing a player more than the automatic one game suspension. I know peopple talk about those that don't stand up and do something about it shouldn't complain, but I have never been invited to sit on a commitee, so I will be going to the AGM ths year to see if I can get myself on this "Board" to maybe change things b/c it is horse$hit. :mad: :mad: :mad:

And as for the refs, I've been told that a number of refs that referee the women's games don't care and treat the games as though they don't mean anything. IF that is the opinion of those in the "old boys clubs" (the ref schedulers and the refs themslevs) then they should be ashamed of themselves. I was also told that it doesn't do much to "rock the boat," so I haven't gotten in touch with the MWSL, but why is it so hard to get a half decent ref? I don't actually know how to fix this because I'm not going to ref while I can still play, and I can assume most others feel thatway or perhaps there's be a few more decent refs.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Club Ireland 1 Rumble 0

We could have easily been up by 3 or 4 at the half after some spectacular misses. :) The second half was fairly even with both teams having one decent chance.........Overall, a good performance and result for the Hoops.

On to the Shooters next Friday........

Riderz18

Oct 3, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Attention ALL TEAMS......Aldergrove sliders is collecting socks,hat's,blankets,mitten's and scraves for the homeless.If you have anything to give it may be used as long as it is washed no problem please bring what you have to any game we will be playing against you before the end of the year.If we dont play you please contact me below and I will set up a collection day/night. Thanks so much and remember it doesnt have to be new just something you dont use any more so dont toss it pass it on. Cheers!
andreata@shaw.ca

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nice work!

I'll have a look and see if I can't secretly get rid of my husband's 20 year old, tattered pink, flowered comforter (Lynus can't part with the blankie Grandma gave him) for the cause...

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well after losing points last weekend for havign to foreit (still pissed because they scheduled a game on a long weekend that we've never played before) we held off Club Ireland tonight.

Not a pretty game by far and man did they exhaust us (especially with the line changes every 10 minutes in the second half or so it seems when you have no subs!) but we kept them from scoring.

I was surprised to see them play the kick & run game a few times... usually it's more of a solid passing team but it could have been because of us or because they had one HELLUVA fast forward. (I have to go get the hot water bottle out for my back after attempting to chase her down the pitch!) :(

Seems the only good games we play are against the top teams :confused:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dear Santa,

Is it too much to ask for all our signed players to make it out to games? I'm too old and have eaten too many of the cookies I put out for you (damned 'Munchies') to have to play 90 minutes... especially when we play FIT 19 year olds.

Can you please convince the others to suck it up in the cold, pack up their kidlets and freeze their titties off like the few of us morons that continue to play?

If you do this I promise to lay off the schmoke and booze and will be a good girl!

Sincerely,
Tired Spazz

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

So what was the score?? Spazz, I promise then that at some point when we play you guys in our make up game, I will play with strikers that are over 30 (Munchkin:D). Then at least you will have a fighting chance.:rolleyes: You were probably chasing Alikira's grade 12 player. I think he likes the young ones on his team. Hope we get to play this sunday. With all this rain and my luck, the only thing to stop us from playing on turf would be snow........if I wanted snow, I'd go to the mountain:mad:.

Oh yeah, sorry to burst your bubble but we have always played the November long weekend, haven't we??? It's the Thanksgiving long weekend we don't play.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Can'tHeadABall said:
Spazz, I promise then that at some point when we play you guys in our make up game, I will play with strikers that are over 30 (Munchkin:D).

HAng on a sec, I'm not OVER 30 (yet)! My body feels like it is, but the belly buttton is not that old for another few months.

Glad to hear you guys held off Club I Spazz. They are certainly a fit team, so I sympathize with the amount of running you probably had to do on an ass-bitingly cold night! Did you guys tie 0-0 then?

I know CHAB hates the snow down here in the city, but I say: BRING IT ON baby. I want to play this weekend, but if Mother Nature wants to treat me to some snow, then yipee :bronco: .

i must go and put on another 9 layers of clothes so I can stay somewhat warm while watching mr. munchkin's Club I game. They better win if I am going to freeze my arse of and watch!

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

munchkin said:
HAng on a sec, I'm not OVER 30 (yet)! My body feels like it is, but the belly buttton is not that old for another few months.

Oh rigggghhhttttt, you will always be 29 and not a second older:rolleyes:. My mistake. I can still put Chris and Kriss, who are over 30 up front:D, just for SPAZZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0