Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[MWSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct - Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - October 2006

Munchkin:

Please let me know when and where you're playing the next time that the donkey (CHAB) decides that your team is going to be wearing white....:D

Trece

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

trece verde said:
Munchkin:

Please let me know when and where you're playing the next time that the donkey (CHAB) decides that your team is going to be wearing white....:D

Trece

The next time it rains you'll be the first person i think of! ;) .

Kerrisdale 2 - Ruchmond Rumble 0

Pretty scrappy and whiney game. Ref wasn't calling the obvious body shots/players that weren't trying to play the ball. I suppose he could've been trying to let us play, but there were some pretty brutal challenges that should've been fouls - both ways mind you. Only real ugly part was one of our players challenged the keeper off a sort of breakaway towards the end of the game. She ended up sliding into the keeper and took her out as the keeper was coming out to challenge for the ball. From where I was it didn't look like their keep had the ball, so it looked like a fair challenge, but after just receiving a yellow card a few minutes earlier, maybe not the smartest challenge. Our girl was sent off, (fair enough) and a couple of our players went to see if she (their keeper) was ok, and their players told her "fcuk off and get the fcuk out!" Not the classiest game (a lot of whinging and complaining from players on both sides), but that was super uncalled for because she was just trying to show her concern, and the ref didn't try to sort anything out.

Soccerwise, it was a game that we deserved to win. We had almost all of the possession, and their dangerous player (# 9 - striker) was getting shut down for the most part. Some nice ball movement and switching sides of play. Feels like we are gelling now, and it is fun out on the field.

Congrats on the win Alikira!

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Holy hanna you guys,

I leave for a weekend and we get a red card. Well I am sure I will chat with the group at training but if the other team wants to be like that so be it but their goalie was probably pretty pissed so best to back off.

Alikira, just a FYI but you guys played NSGSC Strikers. They used to be part of the Norvan system but no longer. There is a North Shore Strikers in the other pool and I believe that Score More or some other TTPer plays on that team.

Trece, for the record it was MUNCHKIN who picked out the white tops and I had nothing to do with ordering them so maybe it was Munchkin who wanted to put on a show with the white Uniforms.:D

Munchkin, A.R. has a key to my place so she could have gotten the reds anytime when I am away. Should be an interesting training session. Let's hope there are no more cards next week when I am away again.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Club Ireland 2 Semiamhoo 0

A very good performance by the ladies in the Hoops. I was only able to see the first half but we were deservedly up 1 - 0 after 45 minutes. One of our youth call-ups with a bullet in the far corner. Another youth call-up scored the second in the second half and we apparently had several other quality chances with their keeper making some excellent saves.

A good weekend for the Hoops.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Their keeper was on fire in the second half. Only blight on the game was one of their fans being loud and offensive in the second half. He certainly liked hearing his own voice. We were unlucky not to have scored a couple more and we defended very well with their only chance coming off a brain fart from our keeper, which had the ref allowed advantage to be played probably would have resulted in a goal.

CoachundefeatedDart

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kerrisdale 3 - Delta United 2

Not our prettiest game, but we found a way to win even though we were down to 10 players for the last 10 min. or so. We made Delta look good for parts of the game and they capitalized on a couple of defensive let downs. Our entire back line (me included) were aleep for the first 45 seconds of the game as they brought the ball into our end off the kickoff. They ended up with a shot and the ball bobbled away from our keeper, and I watched a player run right by me and she followed up the ball and walked it into the net. DAMN!

We managed to pick up our game in the second half, and they capitalized on their only really dangerous play and chipped our back line because they were flat and then cheekily chipped our keeper who was thoroughly frozen by this point. After we went down to 10 men, we seemed to find some urgency and picked it up a notch and scored a great goal off our midfielder's nice run up the outside and the superb cross. The straight red card came after our center midfielder and the Delta player ended up in a tackle on the ground and the Delta player swung her legs at Kris. Of course the ref did not see the initial leg swing even though he was standing right there, and only saw Kris swing back. I'm not saying Kris shouldn't have been carded for what she did, but there was no intent to injure and she did apologize AS SOON as she did it before the ref had even reacted. If the ref was going to hand out a card, he should have given the other girl a card as well. Not to mention the other Delta player that came in, after the ref had already blown the whistle for the foul, and 2 handed shoved our player out of the way to start a fight. She only got a yellow! I was under the impression that a third party entering a situation inciting a fight should automatically get a red?? Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seemed a little unfair (all bias aside of course ;) ). I know,I know. No one ever said life was fair and I'm dealing with it!

2 red cards in 2 weeks - man you'd think we are a team of bruisers and brawlers! But we aren't honestly!

Friday night's game against Semiamhoo will be interesting. I can't actually remember much about their team except that they are young and run hard. We won't have many subs, so it's a good thing we've played a few games to up the fitness level!

Good luck to everyone. Speaking of everyone, where the hell is everybody??

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

See what happens when you're gone CHAB?? 2 red cards!! That's what happens when you're gone - we run rampant! Although Tony would argue differently that it's 2 wins in 2 games and he might challenge you for the undefeated record One Dart. :rolleyes:

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

No chance. Combine the Club I women with the South Delta boys and I am at least 16 games without a loss here (knock on wood). I must be the good luck charm because I'm sure that I know fukc all about football. :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

One Dart said:
No chance. Combine the Club I women with the South Delta boys and I am at least 16 games without a loss here (knock on wood). I must be the good luck charm because I'm sure that I know fukc all about football. :)

Ah, that's where you're wrong........You're a professional coach now. :D

Terri Buter CSC

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [MWSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Oct & Nov 2006

Kerrisdale 1 - Semiahmoo 4

Well, the scoreboard isn't very flattering, but it doesn't actually reflect the game. They are an ankle hacking bunch of wankers whose fans like to make fun of players that have gone down injured. These same super unclassy fans called out "well done _____" after one of their players had just taken one of our players out in a super late and dangerous tackle from behind right towards the end of the game. I'm surprised that there wasn't a red card Friday night because the ref wasn't calling the OBVIOUSLY dangerous tackles and most of us were pretty ready to snap on them. Ref was absolutely shocking and I don't normally feel like I want to retalliate against players, but these girls were pushing me pretty close. Everyone on our team stayed composed though, so no cards for us thank goodness. We played with 9 players for most of the game, and were able to keep it close at 2-1 for the first half. When we had 10 players (one player was late, and then one player went off injured) we were causing them fits and they couldn't adjust (I don't know how because they still had the extra player, but probably just shows their true level of skill). Our legs just started to give way towards the end of the second half. I never realized just how nice it is to have subs! It probably should've ended up 3-1 for them, but at the end os the 2nd half I had the ball and went down with cramping calves in my own third of the field and thier player stripped the ball and they ended up scoring off the play. Of course the ref didn't call the play. I understand that the rules have recently changed and teams are not obliged to kick the ball out, but I wasn't acting and since we had 9 players, you'd think the ref might give us the benefit of the doubt since it was in the 85th odd minute and we were clearly tired but still playing. Or perhaps you'd think the other team would have some class and kick the ball out. what jacka$$es. The lot of them. I actually wish we could play them again and spank them just like we did the first time we played them.

It just sucks to give up the 3 points because Club I is breathing down our back! Can't afford to give up any more points. Maybe the rain gods will favour us this week and our tilt next Sunday will be postponed. One can only hope.

I don't know if anyone will be playing tomorrow, but if you do, good luck!

munchkin out

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Don't even get me started on the poor refereeing, sorry Alikira cuz I know you are a good one but when one of my players get chopped at the knee, goes down in obvious pain and the game is delayed several minutes so we can attend to her and there is no card, that is very questionable considering we have been carded for other debatable offenses in the past. No verbal word to the other player, no yellow and it should have been a red for sure:mad:. Heck I would have accepted a green card or some other colour for that matter. And talk about classless fans on their part, geez...... I understand the whole perception by the different referees but when a player risks being seriously injured that is an area players must be protected from. I have serious questions about any player who goes after someone's knee. What has to happen until player's are protected?

Same player gets taken out again and goes flat on her face and there is no card??? We get the free kick so it was a foul but what games was he watching?? and their fans for that matter. Hope we draw them in the playoffs.....and we get a real qualified referee who will cut out this nonsense in the 1st 10 minutes before someone really gets a serious injury.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

To be honest, last week as far as their play was concerned, they weren't cheap or late with tackles. They DEFINITELY had one nutbar fan who was loud, abusive, and clueless the entire game. Thank god he was watching from the other sideline as I doubt I would have been as quiet as tampax was. We had a fukcing shocker ref in our selects game on friday. Showed up 10 5 minutes after the game was supposed to start and had an ego the whole game. He is fukcing horrible doing women's games let alone men's. Sad that you weren't able to field a team that could compete and that they weren't playing fair.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Munchkin/CHAB,

I'm really sorry to hear about that on Friday. There is nothing more frustrating than a ref who let's teams take liberties on players. And of course teams who take liberties on players because they know they can.........That's shitty about the classless stuff that went on but I'm ont too surprised. Their coach tore a strip off them at half-time last week. He has a tendency to 'belittle' his players and why anyone would want to play for a coach like that is beyond me.......Perhaps they were taking their frustration on you team.......who knows? :confused:

As for postponing next weeks game, that would work for us too, as we would obviously prefer to play a Friday night home game rather than another away game. Having said that, if you could only field 10 players, I would much rather play Kerrisdale with their full squad. As for breathing down your necks, Munchkin, even if we happened to win the league, we wouldn't move up to Selects, so you're in pretty good shape. To be honest, despite the fact we only had 11 players for majority of our game, Kerrisdale is the strongest team(physically) we have played this season and I believe they would do well in the Selects league.

Once again, very disappointing to hear about stuff like Friday night because unfortunately it is happening too often, especially the part about the referees being incompetent and generally just not giving a shite. :mad:

Justwokeupafterfallingasleepat9:30 CSC

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

One Dart said:
To be honest, last week as far as their play was concerned, they weren't cheap or late with tackles. They DEFINITELY had one nutbar fan who was loud, abusive, and clueless the entire game. Thank god he was watching from the other sideline as I doubt I would have been as quiet as tampax was. We had a fukcing shocker ref in our selects game on friday. Showed up 10 5 minutes after the game was supposed to start and had an ego the whole game. He is fukcing horrible doing women's games let alone men's. Sad that you weren't able to field a team that could compete and that they weren't playing fair.

Aye, you're a fanny and making posts at 2:06 am? Have some discipline, Bawjaws. :D :D ;)

Come on the Devils.....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

CHAB/Munchkin,

I forgot to mention that Semiamhoo played with SIX call-ups from their Under-21 team last week. League rules state you're only allowed five. I'm not sure what the situation was on Friday but it might be worth checking. Of course I'm only saying this because it happened the week before but we chose to do nothing about. You may feel differently(I might if they were hatcheting our players all game which they weren't) because of the way the game developed and I'm not talking about the score. Good luck and let's hope for that rain. ;) :D

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

One Dart said:
Sad that you weren't able to field a team that could compete and that they weren't playing fair.

Oi! Who said anything about not being able to compete? Shouldn't you be tending to your woman at 2am OD, instead of yakking away here on TTP when you're probably half cut?

;) :rolleyes: :D

I appreciate your wanting to play us with a full squad Ali. I'd like us to play you with a full squad too ;) ! I will ask CHAB about their line-up. How would you know if a player is a call-up? I probably would be petty enough to make a stink about Friday's game if there was a reason to make a stink. MAybe your team was fast enough to run away from their hacking last week ali. We are getting old over here on the Dark Side, so maybe we just let them catch up close enough to us to take us down ;) .

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

munchkin said:
Oi! Who said anything about not being able to compete? Shouldn't you be tending to your woman at 2am OD, instead of yakking away here on TTP when you're probably half cut?

;) :rolleyes: :D

I appreciate your wanting to play us with a full squad Ali. I'd like us to play you with a full squad too ;) ! I will ask CHAB about their line-up. How would you know if a player is a call-up? I probably would be petty enough to make a stink about Friday's game if there was a reason to make a stink. MAybe your team was fast enough to run away from their hacking last week ali. We are getting old over here on the Dark Side, so maybe we just let them catch up close enough to us to take us down ;) .

The ref is supposed to inform you of call-ups and ours did the week before telling us that they had 6. Their results have turned a lot over the last 4 weeks or so, so the U-21 players are obviously helping......to some degree.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

One Dart said:
Half cut? Let's be realistic.

OH THE RANGERS ARE SHIIIIIIITE

Fanny, I think we need to move this game tomorrow for some reason.....bad feeling about this set-up.......

Can'tHeadABall

Mar 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

alikira said:
As for postponing next weeks game, that would work for us too, as we would obviously prefer to play a Friday night home game rather than another away game. Having said that, if you could only field 10 players, I would much rather play Kerrisdale with their full squad. As for breathing down your necks, Munchkin, even if we happened to win the league, we wouldn't move up to Selects, so you're in pretty good shape.
Hey Ali,

Yeah, if we could postpone the game scheduled on sunday the 12th, I would be up for that. You can PM me or Munchkin to sort it out. The make-up week is Dec 8-10 so if you can secure Dec. 8 (Friday night - 8 pm or later) as you prefer that, then that would give us enough time to get players to get work off. Otherwise we would also be good with Sun. Dec. 10. It would be appreciated but it's your call:). Then we would have to get approval from the league but I don't want to be going in with 9 players again on sunday. Suffered some injuries because of that Friday game. Somehow I think it will rain all week anyway and the fields in Vancouver will still be closed so you might as well try to secure a field.

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0