Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mike Gillis - your new Canucks GM

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess I have a problem then.

If my staff is about to make wholesale changes to the business... I wanna know. PERIOD!
CAUSE ITS MY FCUKIN BUSINESS... LITERALLY.

Day to day operations is much different then signing someone for millions of dollars for many years.

What if Gillis goes out and signs the next best thing ... hmmm,.. BIG COUNTRY REEVES.
That would effect more then the "day to day operations" of Franciscos business..

Answer my questions from my previous post.

You really don't get it....The owner knows about things thats a gimmie but he hires the best guy he thinks will make the most of his money...plain and simple!

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
anyone else?

Franchise, you still didn't answer my questions a few posts ago..
quote that post, and answer those questions.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are so stupid it makes my eyes bleed, and my head pound with pain. I honestly think you have a retarded gene in there that prevents you from comprehending anything beyond a grade 4 level. Instead of learning something new, you revert back.

We need a special needs teacher in here to help. Anyone? Captain?

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
anyone else?

Franchise, you still didn't answer my questions a few posts ago..
quote that post, and answer those questions.

Lion

cut franchise some slack... a maple leafs fan who has a gallery of WWF photo's. clearly he is not acting on the same level as alot of us. Not to mention he owns almost every record in the arcade.

ah ok i get it now..

he flips burgers and calls him self the franchise... did your parents purchase the mcdonalds on lougheed and 224th?

regards,
the general manager of a printing company

P.s. lion i checked out your link. the restaraunt looks good, and its only a few blocks away Polska like to dine the ladies. i will be trying it out very soon.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You really don't get it....The owner knows about things thats a gimmie but he hires the best guy he thinks will make the most of his money...plain and simple!

No it seems that you don't get it.

To a man it seems that everyone is saying that most large financial decisions would go through a owner for the go ahead. Maybe not to ok the details of the deal or purchase but the money aspect. That seems fair, any owner who doesn't do this, won't be in business for very long. In the end the owner is responsible for the profits and success of a business. And yes that includes hiring the right people to help you run the show, but to hire someone then give them keys to the vault is absurd.
Please stop arguing about this because I'm am tired of seeing Dude knock you around!

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone in here read?

all I said is that owners don't make trades, gm's do.

Dude seemed to turn this into a discussion about the food industry and chefs and his love for McDonalds:rolleyes:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion

cut franchise some slack... a maple leafs fan who has a gallery of WWF photo's. clearly he is not acting on the same level as alot of us. Not to mention he owns almost every record in the arcade.

ah ok i get it now..

he flips burgers and calls him self the franchise... did your parents purchase the mcdonalds on lougheed and 224th?

regards,
the general manager of a printing company

P.s. lion i checked out your link. the restaraunt looks good, and its only a few blocks away Polska like to dine the ladies. i will be trying it out very soon.

shite a printing company....I would take owning McDonalds anyday

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done with this forum...i guess people don't read here and like to add in things.

I sure hope Gillis does a good job getting some scorers cause I can't take another year of watching boring 2-1 hockey games.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you ask your owner before making prints or copies?:D

oh and here is my website... i will not sell to the end user so if you are interested in the FRAGILE HANDLE WITH CARE LABELS... please talk to one of my distributors. your feelings could use a few of these right about now

Welcome to Labeltown

as long as there is a box they need my product

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done with this forum...i guess people don't read here and like to add in things.

I sure hope Gillis does a good job getting some scorers cause I can't take another year of watching boring 2-1 hockey games.

agreed, it's more fun to watch the leafs get hammered 6-1

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not in Vancouver these days but I caught a clip of this guy's interview on Global and I was not impressed with his either his arrogance or his understanding of how to lead an organization or how to build rapport with the media during the honeymoon phase.

He is trying to be Burke like but he is no Brian Burke and won't be. Burke was never like that when he was talking serious about his plan, his coaches or his players. That guy seems to have questions about everyone including Luongo and some of this he should keep to himself.

What I find astounding as how many bridges he was burning on his second day on the job including that with other teams.

He may be the Bill LaForge of GM ranks! How long did he last?

Aquilini will be renowned for sending this franchise back to the bad old days judging only this guy's first days on the job.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not in Vancouver these days but I caught a clip of this guy's interview on Global and I was not impressed with his either his arrogance or his understanding of how to lead an organization or how to build rapport with the media during the honeymoon phase.

He is trying to be Burke like but he is no Brian Burke and won't be. Burke was never like that when he was talking serious about his plan, his coaches or his players. That guy seems to have questions about everyone including Luongo and some of this he should keep to himself.

What I find astounding as how many bridges he was burning on his second day on the job including that with other teams.

He may be the Bill LaForge of GM ranks! How long did he last?

Aquilini will be renowned for sending this franchise back to the bad old days judging only this guy's first days on the job.

At this point, I agree reccos. We are heading for some dark times.:confused:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pierre Lacroix.

When he took over the Avs GM post many years ago, he had some enemies too.

So did Mike Barnett. Burke burns bridges at breakfast time, just before his coffee.

In time "what he did" to piss GMs off will be irrelevant. What will be relevant are his skills, contacts, and connections. GMs like Lowe will be doing themselves a disservice if they choose not to deal w/ any one guy just because they were burned by him. You need to keep your options open, and keep your matches away from spans.

Anyhow, I'm optomistic for the change in direction, that they did get an established, proven, successful hockey man, and that they did it quickly. They didn't recycle someone who'd been a failure in past posts. So, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0