Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Men Open] 2005 Provincial Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

onelessstar!

Apr 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
VISL the weak sister of BC soccer? That's "unpossible"!

The most frustrating thing about reading some of this dialogue is that some folk can not see past their own bias' (is that a word?) I did not see the game and could care less who won but, I'm sure, that most people would agree (no matter where you live, who you play for etc...) that this replay is somewhat bizarre if not unprecedented.

I don't blame the 'treights a bit for complaining about the replay (if they are) nor Westside for trying (and winning) the protest. I'm sure if the roles were reversed we would see the same posters (and moderators) taking the other side of the argument.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's the thing though... it's unprecedented because it is probably the first time that a ref has ever owned up to what was apparently a major blunder that created a significant unfair advantage.

I think I said originally that I fully understand Vantreights being choked (who wouldn't?) but I don't understand the hostility directed towards Weakside. I guess when you sign Mike Tyson, these things happen :rolleyes:

If the same thing happened to Peg last year, yes, I would probably say it was bush. I still think it's bush that Simon Fern waved play on in the 2001 BC Final when the Gorge played spiked the ball off the goal line. But the anger is channeled at the dufus in the middle of the park that day, not the Gorge team. Perhaps I'm just jealous of his hair.

:D

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't seen anyone lay the blame on Westside Regs, they are just calling it as they see it.
Ballbaby, what the **** would you know about being down 1-0 before you get off the ferry?
The referee **** up, he admited it, game on Sunday.

Walt

Apr 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Im sorry im not going too agree with the protest he showed the red card I have never seen or heard of anything like this before why wasn't there any complaints when the player walked off the feild he knew he deserved a red and put his head down soo show me enough evidence too over turn the win. Even if the referee says i screwed up soo he made a mistake learn from it, if a player's misses a penalty shot does he say ohh i screwed up can i shoot it again. Its over now no matter the outcome on sunday i won't be choked at westside just at bc soccer for making a wrong decision.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walt said:
if a player's misses a penalty shot does he say ohh i screwed up can i shoot it again.

Please explain that analogy and how it pertains to this particular situation.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This Just In

Surrey apparently has beaten Sapperton in PKs.

According to my sources Surrey went up 1-0, Sapp then tied it. They went into OT where Surrey once again took the lead only to have Sapperton tie it at 2-2 in the last couple of minutes.

I heard that Smiley and Corey both made one stop each in the PKs, however Sapperton had 2 shots miss the net. Final score in the shootout was 4-2.

Surrey onto the finals. :knvb:

minibuzz

Apr 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've had the opporunity to view the tv tape of the incident vantreights vs rino and it is quite evident that the westside player retaliated with a punch to the head of the vantreight player. that in itself is a red card offence. obviously the referee made a f...up of the whole thing and now vantreights will protest the player should not of had ayellow then a red which cocked things up but a straight red . That decision would have put this whole mess behind us and not made the referee and BC soccer look foolish

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
minibuzz said:
I've had the opporunity to view the tv tape of the incident vantreights vs rino and it is quite evident that the westside player retaliated with a punch to the head of the vantreight player. that in itself is a red card offence. obviously the referee made a f...up of the whole thing and now vantreights will protest the player should not of had ayellow then a red which cocked things up but a straight red . That decision would have put this whole mess behind us and not made the referee and BC soccer look foolish

It is to the best of my knowledge :rolleyes: that if a player is caught commiting a foul on tape and it is not caught during the game by the official the player can be disciplined after the game by the governing league. So the player can be punished but the result of the game has nothing to do with the incident and shall stand. That is usually how it works in the Professional leagues. Considering the BCSA just showed how amatuer it really is then you never know maybe Vantreights will win the second protest.But even if Vantreights protested and showed the footage of the supposed punch it still would not affect the protest.The referee cant give a straight red if he didnt see a punch, only the initial yellow for the foul that he seen.

I just confused myself, again.
TA

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
minibuzz said:

If bc soccer is to look at the video, is there any other incriminating evidence, like the Island muppets sticking their fingers up their arses reaching for more straws?

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey on to the final...Congratulations! Who will oyu play? Betting on the Porkchops...would like to see the dormeeeeers and rosie cheeks play against their old team.

Heard the big man Hearns was down visiting and made the game...Also heard he got raped in the box when the score was 1 -1 with about 10 to go and no call on an obvious penalty shot? If so, karmas a bitch! Unlucky Sap, you guys had a great season and almost made it to the dance. A no call and two missed penos...Have to say, probably the two best goalies in the league and both are big and intimidating between the pipes!

Slurrey to win it all...go to the naitonals and bring home the stinking cheese, or gold! :D :D :D

helmuut

Apr 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vantreights will win everything now....the protest is all over the radio over here!!! This protest will only make them stronger....

the Helm

Walt

Apr 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well sounds like the ref missed a call in the surrey vs Sapperton game why does'nt someone protest that game you don't even need a good argument bc soccer will pss it im sure.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Sapperton should protest and submit the video of the viscious kicks KNVB was making from his position on the ground back of the play that the ref watched and just ignored. See you guys at Newton next Saturday.

Or maybe, WAB should submit the tape of a couple of the missed PKs his side took- that should be worth a few sympathy votes at BC Soccer.

That Vantreights issue sure is confusing and very surprising as to the outcome. But whoever said that the people who make these decisions in any non pro soccer league at any level do so wisely. I can't see that ref getting work on the Island after he admitted his "error".

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vantreights 3 - Westside 0

Vantreights should have scored a few more, they had to play with 10 for the last 15 minutes.
Westside never looked like scoring.

The Teacher

May 12, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Justice is served.

Vantreights scored 3 nice goals. Westside was very adept at hitting everything but the net. Westside goalie seems to be a poser and he heard about it from the Vantreights fans.

Vantreights player kicks the goalie on a breakaway - should be a yellow card - however, goalie goes down like a sack of bricks and one wonders if he will ever walk again, thus a straight red. After card is issued, goalie is fine. Stupid things like that mar the game - goalie deserved the abuse from the fans. Rest of the Westside team seem like good guys. However, the right team won on this day - still cannot believe that this game was replayed in the first place.

This team will not lose - they will beat up on Sporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0