Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Masters] 2005 Provincial Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Behemoth, their centerback got his first yellow on his 5th questionable challenge in the first half and then when he tackled/dragged down John for the spot, he didn't get carded for that either so although his last yellow was marginal I think he fully deserved to be sitting with his play on the day.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg 2 PCOV 1

I thought we came out quite strong, but SCP made some quality stops and (the usual refrain at this level) we did not finish a couple of very good chances including Besty's full on bike that he caught flush which hammered the big keeper right between the pectorals at the 35 minute mark. 0-0 at the half.

5 mins into the 2nd half...a bit of disorganization on an offside trap cost us an we were down 1-0, quite against the run of play. 10 minutes later though, Besty got a tick on a fine Steve Hillier cross and Jua made no mistake on the finish, and it was tied. Jua (OK...after the golf stag yesterday for Peg A mgr Chico...at midnite last nite the thoroughbred striker is at the Lair of the Cougar, the crantinis are flowing lke blood, and its like a Dow Corning 40 year old big cat fashion show...the felines are stretching their loins and can just smell the musky kill...both Sir M and injured skipper Acilli are imploring the Peg Bon Vivant striker to come on home for a bit of a rest before the Provincial 10 o clock morning start, and Jua implores..."Sir M, in 1997 at the Nationals, Martinello took me out til 4 and the next day I was on fire in the semis...lets go to the RXOY whos drivin?" ... Sir M: ..."yes and then Peg were off to Surrey, weren't they Ju?")... I digress...5 minutes later the hungover center forward delivered an inch perfect cross to Mike Findlay who buried it and we were up by one. I thought the last 10 mins or so we were out of gas, missing Easton, Harris, Luch et al and down to one sub, but we ground it out. On the day I thought Peg deserved the away win, but PCOV are a quality side and the Portugese buns, Chorizo, red wine and Bafanas after the game are what its all about! Looking forward to playing them and all the other West Coasters next year!

Next up Coach et al! Rematch (kind of) of 2 years ago at home! :wa:

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Another eloquent, though not necessarily succinct, game report from Sir M.

Sir M, I hope that your pre-game chats in the summer will be a little more direct such as; get it out wide, and then knock it into the box, as I have headed the ball thousands of times in my life (which may or may not have caused permanent damage :confused: ). This has not only affected my ability to process information, but has also limited my attention span to about 30 seconds.

Peter,

I may have missed some of the fouls in the first half, as Watkins and I were attempting to smuggle imported beverages into RAP. We thought we were successful, until the old-timer security guard (has been working at RAP for longer than I have been alive) demanded to search our bags. Luckily, we're both well versed in our rights, though it didn't prevent us from being ejected from the park. Caught the second half, but by then the imported beverages that we had consumed outside the park had taken effect... :knvb:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saw the Peg/PCOV game; 1st half was fairly even with possession about 60-40 in favour of Peg. SCP was a bit busier than his opposite number. He got a bit lucky when he stopped a Peg break with his hand outside the box and didn't get tossed for it :D

2nd half was pretty much as described by Sir M (without the Jua story), although I wouldn't have said the PCOV goal was against the play. Jua's tying goal came after a free kick that resulted in a bit of a scramble in the PCOV box - not pretty but effective. Findlay's goal was quality, though. PCOV pressed hard after that, but couldn't finish their lunch. Peg full value for the win.

vicman - any word on the Athletics/Columbus game? Nobody from Columbus or Inter posts on here, so all the results have to come second hand.

beerz,

stew :cool:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just got a call from SCP; apparently Inter beat Nanaimo 3-2 in penalties, and Columbus lost to Victoria Athletics 4-1 :eek: so next weekend's games are as follows....

ICSF Inter vs Freybe Vikings
Westside Miloni vs Victoria Athletics
Pegasus vs SFC Rangers
Surrey United vs Peace Arch United

beerz,

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pissed, Columbus have no fitness, we were down 1-0 after 10 minutes, and then they misssed a penalty after 15 minutes. After that, it could have been 15 - 1 for the Athletics. Columbus is a good team, but we ran all over them in the 2nd half and should have won by 6.

Peter, will we be playing on Saturday or Sunday?

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter, Sunday would be better, we are getting a big bus to accomodate our fans.

Cheers, looking forward to playing your team.

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions;

Inter over Freybe
Vic. Athletics over Westside
Sry. Rangers over Peg
Sry. U ove...er, PAU over Sry. U :D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
12-1 over Malones.

Due to the fact we are all old and fairly wise, we will not assume, presume. or consume any of the rhetoric that us or any team are THE team to beat. We fully expect a great challenge next weekend and if we are successful, another great challenge the following one as well.

As for our 12-1 result, I am of the opinion that any of the top valley teams would have had similar success in the manner the game was dictated yesterday. I don't know Malones at all other than what we saw yesterday. Good athletic guys who enjoy the game and are competitive but not up to the challenge yesterday.

Off to physio. I have a season's pass you know. :rolleyes:

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bob, he did indeed have a scorcher...which went wide of the goal at about the 90 minute mark. 2 minutes later he got a hold of another one and, although it managed to elude the rushing keeper, it needed a helping toe from Dave the dentist to seal the deal.

Wilmsy got on the field, made 2 runs and needed a sub with a pulled calf or something. He got back in midway through the second half dripping tiger balm. We were the walking—and I do mean walking—wounded pounding one out ugly (as the ttp-posters in the stands have been attesting to). There was another fellow with a bruised kidney and 2 broken ribs (who was risking a celibate, sofabed future if caught by his wife) who made a timely return as well...in borrowed gear.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter:

Monagoon actually scored a goal? Shocking.... :D Tell the tooth-yanker that he needs to come back and play with the rest of the Van Forest Alumni Squad.....

Schedule now available for next weekend. All games on Sunday....

Inter vs Freybe @ Adanac 10AM
Miloni vs Vic Athletics @ Hillcrest 12PM
Peg vs Rangers @ Kinsman Grass 10AM
Surrey vs PAU @ Cloverdale 10AM

beerz,

Canto

Apr 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United vs. Malones FC

Well.....hmmmmm.....where to start......... All I can say is that there is a first time for everything. Today's DDL* was a first for everyone of us.

First 5 minutes were great. Malones had a chance or two, a corner, nice passes and .............. that's pretty much it. At the 20 minute mark, the score was 4-0 for SU. 7 - Zip at the half. Second half was a "little better" with a full 2 minutes in SU 18 yard box (2 consecutive corners). I won't even mention the final score (except the fact that Biggs managed to score one (yes, we did score and not a Duzzi Special, a real valid goal.......).

Now here is the way the game SHOULD have happened (discussed at the NorthView ClubHouse in Surrey after a few "pops").

3 of SU goals should have been called off-side, which brings us back to an "honorable" SDL**. In the first 5 minutes, Malones cornerkick should have hit the back of the net ("1-0"). Snoopdog had a great pass soon after from our own 18 yard box with a great intension from our spiritual guru who flicked the ball (should have been "2-0"). A few more great ideas from Biggs, Biff and Remmir should have given us an even more confortable 5 goal lead. I guess we can honestly give SU credit for a few goals, therefore tying up the game at 5 goals a side at the half.

Second Half: Tons of great ideas from the North Shore Coaches League #3 team could and should have made us win this close game 10-9.

I guess I should now go back to my Sleemans, enjoy the rest of this sunny day and try to forget the unforgetable. I hope Freybe (go Duzzi !!!!!!!!!!!!) and Pegs will represent NSCL better...........................

Note:
* = Double Digit Loss
** = Single Digit Loss

See you guys in the summer

Note #2: SU's Clubhouse is great, cheap beer, tons of trophies, the closest I will ever be from those..................

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can-O-toes,

Unlucky on the score there pal, but you have faced the Mighty Juggernaut called Surrey United. They are Masters of the O35 soccer Universe, keepers of the Cup! :D Many teams have succumbed to the forces of the great warriors in red and black....you my friend are just one team of many who have fallen , despite the score-line :p

BTW: a very nice story, berry nice indeed for a first post... :D :bronco:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0