Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Masters] 2005 Provincial Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our game on Saturday vs the Firemen is now going to played on Newton Grass #7 up top.
The grass pitch is in imaculate shape as it just opened up this week.
This will make it a fair venue for both teams and gives us a chance to play on the real surface.
That being said, a beer garden will be open after the game up top of the clubhouse.
I see that we are the only game in both open and masters to be playing on a Saturday inside the lower mainland.That being said,we could see a rather large crowd out at Newton Park.
Let's hope it's a good one boys and girls.

p.s. I hope to see the PAU nation out in full force this weekend. ;)

Let's Go Rangers!!!!!!

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
On that note. The Victoria Athletics vs Columbus game will be played on the worst pitch you could imagine at 1:30 on Sunday. :D

But there will be lot's of beers. :wa:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
vicman:

Save your beers. The Columbus guys don't drink. They're gentlemen, unlike the rest of us ruffians and heathens..... :rolleyes:

glad to be a ruffian and a heathen, :D

stew :cool:

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vicman (or anyone else in the know),

What's the field closure policy over there? It looks like some sustained wet weather is in the forecast. Is there a Friday field-check by the Parks Board or anything? Are there alternative venues planned (seriously)?

If the fields were closed it would be good to know before paying ferries etc.

Peter

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter,
R.A.P. hardly ever closes, probably why it's in such bad shape this time of year. The problem we have over here is that the city shut's all fields down after March 31st. Leaving us slim pickings for the league to schedule Provincial Cup games. All games will be played regardless of the conditions this week.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Vicman! Sounds like fun...we'll just have to turn the dial back to the old McBride Park days.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter,weren't those fun...days gone by...sorry,trippin' back. Stew...here's to heathens and ruffians......yesssssssss!glluuuggggg!aaaahhh!

Cheers!

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotty boy, our game against you boys should be a very good tilt to say the least.
Field #7 up top got cut today and the pitch is in amazing shape.

Firemen - Rangers. Who are people picking ?

Let's go Rangers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fearless predictions with the inherent Fraser Valley / WCOTSL bias...prove me wrong Islanders (except in our game :wa: );

Inter over Nanaimo
Miloni over Vic West (we'll be scouting this one)
Columbus over Vic Athletics
Surrey U over Malones
Pegasus over PCOV
Lobbans over Freybe (?)

Rangers over Fire (only if Izatt and McLean play - otherwise it could go the other way - especially on grass)
PAU over Lakehill (PAU missing a couple for the road trip, though the rumour had it that Stabler was recruiting in the parking lot at practice last night :D )

May the games begin... :knvb:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
behemoth:

Won't argue too loudly about most of your predictions, since the majority tend to follow my logic as well. Not sure if any of the island teams have enough firepower this year to get past the mainland reps.

Freybe vs Lobbans is a great grudge match. A lot of these guys know each other from summer ball in the FITS league, and there has been some cross-fertilization. Lobbans by one.

PCOV vs Peg depends on which Peg side shows up. PCOV will be missing a couple of their best younger players because of the age restrictions. This is also their first time at the big dance, so there's a bit of pressure. Peg also hurting missing one of their best finishers due to a concussion (is he still out, Sir M?). Maybe a closer result than first thought. Peg in extra time, although SCP will surely have something different to say about this one.

Rangers vs Firefighters - have to agree with Coach's thought that FF were playing possum last weekend against Westside. They WILL get up for this one. Biggest drawback they have is lack of a strong keeper, although their defence has been getting it done for them most of the year. Rangers will need to beat them on speed and moving the ball on the ground, because I don't think they have the size to beat the old dinos in the air. First (maybe only) goal will be crucial. FF to win by one in a very physical game.

Surrey vs Malones - Malones will need to pull more than a rabbit out a hat to take this one. Surrey knows how to get up for the money games and will take this one by 3.

Good luck to everybody, and hopefully the weather cooperates, so there will still be some fields to play on next weekend.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotty, yes, those days were the days...that often stretched into nights...then a roll down to the Cove or a hike up to Darby's.

Predictions:

Inter, Westside, Victoria, SU, Peg, Freybe, Rangers (MOTW—any hazardous materials trucks pulling up?) and PAU.

Let the games begin!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stew,

Yes Brolly is still out with a concussion and if I was to hazard a guess, I would say that he won't be doing much more than the occasional game of golf (hopefully) until next year.

Best of luck to everyone.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm gonna go with Pee-in-my-mouth :p on this one, as his picks look pretty solid for the first round.

I'm out at the Ranger/FF tilt should be an absolute great game if FF show up to play. Here's hoping the suns out and the beerzzzz flowing and interac accepted! :D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Toes:

You can come and play for my team any time...just keep the beerz flowing.

SCP and I will both try to get out there to see the Fire/Rangers tilt. Looking forward to drinking all of your beer for you. :D

cheerz,

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Okay, here are my predictions based on what little knowledge I have of mainland teams.

Namaimo over Inter - Nanaimo have a decent squad and battle the entire 90 minutes

Freybe over Lobbans - just guessing, haven't a clue

Westside over Vic West - Vic West is a 1 man team and he plays in the back

Athletics over Columbus - We beat them before, will be a battle though and if they don't drink beer, they don't deserve to move on.

Peg over PCOV - Seen Peg play, very good team

Rangers over Firefighters - Firefighters are getting to old

Surrey over Malones - We have played Surrey the last 2 years, quality team

PAU over Lakehill - Lakehill can't seem to win against mainland teams

Good luck to everyone this weekend.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter over Nanaimo...if this game gets played??? I don't even want to talk about this or I blow a gasket how disorganize Nanaimo or the island league is...

FF over Rangers...I will stick with the wcotsl team...this will be close game

Columbus over Vic Athletics...Columbus always seem to win the close games

SU over Malones...SU defending champs

Westside over Vic West...Westside lots of offensive threats

Lobbans over Freybe...lot's of history between these two teams...

PAU over Lakehill...PAU very good team

Peg has the advantage over PCOV because of experience and PCOV not able to use some of their exempted players who will be 35 for next year provincials

good luck to all teams

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 more late cancellations...heading over with 15 of our 25 signees. It'll be a gut-checking, character-tester for sure—we won't want to leave anything on the soggy mess that will most likely be the field.

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
could it be

surrey u versus surrey fc semi-final.... wow!!!
i've caught a couple of their tilts so far this year
hope to see one more.....brilliant :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0