Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Masters] 2005 Provincial Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Happy Mothers Day !
Yesterdays game with Inter was full of highs and lows.
First off it is great to win and finally have the season over and done with.
Inter is a very good team and if it wasn't for a little bit of luck that game was headed to overtime.
The day started off bad when RangerForever comes over to me moaning about having to pay $5.00 to get into the game.
Sorry R F, but Azzi said there was no way you were getting into that game for free. :eek:
The day got alot better when Shuey ripped a first timer 20 yards out into the top corner.(What a fricken screamer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)Great goal to say the least.
Seven minutes before the half good old Killer Brown scored the potential game winner.What can you say about the age less wonder who game in and game out just seems to get better with time.(his real name is Craig you know)
When it was two nil i really thought we were going to run away and hide with this game.(how wrong was I !)
Twenty five minutes into the second half we clear a dead ball right off there forwards ass.Kaboom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ball in the back of our net. 2-1 Game on.

After that we came at them again and had two or three fairly good chances, Inter stood there ground and in the last 10 minutes threw everything at us and really did deserve a goal.

Time ran out and Bingo, we are now the New Kids On The Block.
Sedgy's after team bash was as good as it gets and the last thing i remember was getting into a cab at 3:45 am.

Some personal highlights.
1) Seeing guys like Marshall and Greg Selzer finally win a B.C.title.

2)Playing with un selfish guys like Darren Preece who could and should start on any other team. He is the ultimate team player. Thanks Bear.

3)Seeing Izzat work his ass off in Physio so he can get himself ready to give us twenty five minutes.

The list could go on but i will spare you all the boring details.

To go through- Firemen - PEG - Surrey U - and Inter is no easy road to walk.

Congrats to all of the boys on what can only be described as a truely amazing season.

See you all at the TTP golf tourni in only six weeks time.

Kenno

Rex

Jul 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats
Coach & Rangerforever
First year in Over 35's & you win the league & Prov cup! Next the Nationals!
Well Done!!!

Cheers
Rex

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Rangers, Coach, RF et al. Took in the game, you were the better side I thought and deserved the win. Don't know if it was worth 5 bucks though... :p

Well done.

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A Ranger In Training

massive congrats to all of THE RANGERS, too many of you guys
to mention, and every one of you great footballers and even better
lads! i missed the game but got there in time to shake yer hands.
NATIONALS AT THE NAP!!!! FCUKIN' BEAUTIFUL! -well done fellas :wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations, Rangers. I never thought I would say that........BUT in this case, it is obviously right. Well done and good luck in the Westerns.....BTW, which team does Doug McKinty play for? SU?

SU, are you guys looking for players next year? :D

White Shoes

Jun 6, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats boys I new you could do it. Sorry I couldn't take in the game been, very busy but however I was via phone the whole game. Special congrats to Fraser and Kenny you guys are first class and it showed by the result. Rangers always seem to make soccer in the valley the #1 club to play for. Whats next, NATIONALS, no problem bring them on.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A huge Congratulations goes out to Coach, RangerFor, and the rest of the Mighty Rnagers, what a run through the Cup (makes me wish I was a few years older), beating 4 very good teams to take the Cup, anyone of the teams you beat could have won this thing and you boys knocked them all off. Studs flew back into town for the first BC match vs. Fireman, but not sure if he made any other games, he is still a great player, and can tackle like a madman.

Hey Coach, any way you can bring the Cup out to the TTP Golf Tourney, it would look great on the front of a Ranger 4-Some Golf Cart, hey Regs, when is the tourney anyways?

Lets Go Rangers

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Many thanks on the congrats wishes lads.

I was especially on fire Saturday keeping that corner of our bench firmly rooted for all 90 minutes.
Keeping Nigel in check running the line was to be my best performance this year so far. ;)
I'd have rather have played this year but nonetheless it feels good to get that medal.

Small crowd at Town Centre but so many close friends and family made the day.
Thanks to the young Rangers who came out.

Freddy up front and the big lad at centre back were outstanding for Inter.
Freddy causing havoc all day long and the big lad in the back winning head ball after head ball.

We got off to a shaky start but seemed to settle down after 20 minutes and get a feel for the game.
I must say the field was less than perfect.
My god, any chance we could get the lawn cut?
Shocking really.

Kudos to Shuey and Andy up front for us - Great game.
Wilkie and Marshall in the middle of the park doing the business and Big Mac and Bails stopping away with Killer and Brad Moore on the flanks with great games also.

Much credit has to go to Coach Cormack.
He organizes us and has the boys ready to go.
Forsaking his own playing time and letting other lads grace the pitch that day is all class buddy.
You and the likes of the Bear deserve better Kenno, but the boys appreciate everything you do.

Cheerio and see you next year,

RF

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to the Rangers organization for adding yet another top class Masters team to represent this Province in the Westerns. This is without doubt the best Masters league in BC and the FVSL should be very proud to have another Provincial winner this year.
Full marks to all the coaches and players...great job.

Cheers

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that all the excitement of the Provincials is dying down, if anyone is interested in playing in the World Masters (July 22 - 30 in Edmonton) a guy in Victoria is putting together a team. It is going to be a mix of Vancouver and Island guys. He is still interested in finding two or three more guys born before Dec 31, 1960 to fill out the roster.

If you are of the correct vintage and interested in seeing just how good those Brazilians could be, let me know. I will pass along your info to the organizers.

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm going on that trip with the same team, there is about 6 of us from the Vic Athletics going. Should be fun.

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vicman, excellent news. We had a pretty good team up in Squamish, some Vic Athletics will round it out nicely. Looking forward to an exciting experience.

And yes, Captain Shamrock, us Wickham lads think that people born in 1960 are just young pups! But us oldtimers are not done yet. We are getting around fine with our walkers. Unfortunately, the game with the Irish this year was after a nightmarish ride directly from Churchill, MB to the game -- and no breakfast on Air Canada, swines. I did feel like I needed a wheelchair that game - and auntie jinky nicely pointed that I looked it too.

Cheers to Rangers, sounds like they beat some fine teams. I know that Sir M's guys are hard to beat when they have all their top guns present and healthy.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We all have had a few days to reflect on our final game Saturday. It was a battle. I know we're all feeling it. I heard a rumour that we(Inter) may have a shot at the Westerns due to it being in our backyard and depending on who shows up or doesn't. Anyone know??

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK said:
We all have had a few days to reflect on our final game Saturday. It was a battle. I know we're all feeling it. I heard a rumour that we(Inter) may have a shot at the Westerns due to it being in our backyard and depending on who shows up or doesn't. Anyone know??

If Inter's allowed, does that mean Surrey Utd. should be allowed as the defending Champs? Or, will it be like the Engrish F.A. and not let the previous champs defend their title...
:D

Stepchild

Jun 3, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Dragon said:
If Inter's allowed, does that mean Surrey Utd. should be allowed as the defending Champs? Or, will it be like the Engrish F.A. and not let the previous champs defend their title...
:D
Old news, who cares. Remember, you are now a ranger.....accept it......join the dark side!.......or the NEW champion side!....
Look forward to Oct. at Newton :) :bronco:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't see how Inter would be in unless either they've changed the format (more than the 4 Provincial champs this time) or one of the other reps can't make the trip (like when Firefighters beat a team from Quebec who filled in for Manitoba's winners). I don't see Kenno and Co. saying no to this chance, though...

beers,

stew :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0