Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Masters] 2005 Provincial Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank God It Is Over !!!!!!!

They were very good today and we were lucky to get out of Dodge alive!

The game could have gone either way but thankfully we came out alive

What a great bunch of boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenno.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Rangers. Congratulations and best wishes in the Finals.

I am sure that both teams will agree that it was not a pretty game to watch. The FVSL wants to showcase a game between two teams like us? Or do they? Yeah the grandstand and the Clubhouse is great for atmosphere, but not for the most important aspect, the game! It was ugly! I feel for our backs and ultimately their backs, our strikers and their strikers, who had to head the ball 1000 times in the game. How many guys went down with banged heads? Reeder with stitches. Boom ball. Midfield pretty much bypassed and that would not be the case on grass. All these open grass fields and we are playing on turf. Players from both teams are shaking their very sore heads. Brutal. Not acceptable and nothing anyone can say can make it acceptable.

As to the game. It was probably the closest to a lottery or crapshoot that I have ever played in. It could have gone either way and on this particular day, a nice cross found the head of Shuey and ultimately, a very nice goal.

Our team is disappointed but we are going to regroup and head off to Vernon together for a tourney...... on grass. (the kind you play on)

I would personally like to acknowledge Brian Cuthbert and Steve Reed for handling the lineups for us this year. It is a hard, hard task when every player is essentially equal and you want to give everyone game time. I looked over at Kenny Cormack and his bench, and I could see the stress on Kenny's face trying to grapple with the lineup. All awesome players on the bench. Thankless job but hopefully all us players appreciate what these guys must be going through inside.

Congrats again boys.

Too many beers. Ridiculous what we do to our bodies sometimes. And what's with Klassen and the muscle shirt? Am I missing something? :rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yesterday was a game you had to be in, in order to appreciate it. Definitely not one for the fans.

I agree with the others that it could have gone either way and to be honest, I thought we were heading to PKs. It took a great ball in by Ian M. and a good finish by Shuey to end any thought of that.

Good luck to the Rangers in the final, hopefully your feet will have recovered by then (there should be a rule against playing on turf in the summer when the sun is out... the surface is like 40 degrees celsius).

Speaking of the turf, on a day like yesterday, what is the allure? I mean, there were 7 beautiful grass fields out there yesterday and not a single one was being used at all. I think it was a BC U-14 girls team that was having a training session before our match... on the turf!!! WTF?

Anyways, it's been a fun year and I look forward to playing with SU next year and to future battles with the FireRangers and Barry in particular... lots of fun :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

behemoth

Dec 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats FireRangers,

You're all correct...the game wasn't exactly fan friendly. I thought SU was going to win it in the 2nd half as they had a number of (half?) chances, but Shuey buried his second opportunity (nice shot off the post in the first half). Good luck next week Rangers, though once again I feel the "real" final has been played a week early.

You know you're getting old when; the highlight of the game was watching Angelo's beautiful little girl crying, 'cause "Daddy's hurt". Not a highlight in the - hey, I'm so happy that little girl is upset sense, but in the putting everything in perspective sense....you get my drift....going to watch Oprah now... :D

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Despite the comments that hte game was not that pleasing to the eye...I thought it was a great game...the rivalry, the intensity was one in which every fan who's a player wants to be on that pitch duringa game like that. Except for the hits :eek: WOW! Some very big boys out there and some menacing tackles...Farquer getting stuck in in the middle...the battle of Howes and Maclean not to mention Shuey...great goal on the header. It's too bad a team had to lose that game. It seemed like it ws destined for penos and if there wasn't the penos rule...it seemed this game would have gone on for ever.

Will be out to watch the final but don't think us fans will be as entertained as we were yesterday :(

Cheers to both United and the Rangers...you guys put it all out on the pitch yesterday and left it there ;) :wa: :wa:

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 2 - Vic Athletics 1

Inter scored early and then we tried to tie it up, but couldn't get anything going. Had a few chances but Inter defend well as a team. We finally tied it with about 5 minutes remaining only for them to get the winner in injury time.
Not a good game really, we didn't play well, can't speak for Inter as we don't know much about them.

Bood luck to the finalists.
Inter took about 5 yellows, so I don't know if they will be full strength for the final.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One little side note this weekend.

No big Barry P in the middle due to his second yellow of the tourni,

Inter boys will have to change there Whites this weekend as I presume they are the home team?

Inter vs Rangers could go any way this weekend!

To come this far and shite the bed would be tragic. :D

See ya soon.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
To those who think the final on Saturday will be anything but exciting think again. It's a one game final and both teams I'm sure are hungry for a win. By the way, they both match up well.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger Lads ....... might I suggest using one of the famous halftime motivational speeches from Pegs manager, Chico ....... "if we score more than them, we are going to have a good chance of winning this match". :D :D

........ or, you could hope that BC soccer put the mini ref in the middle that did our match at Kinsmen a couple weeks back and then you will probably win on PK's in regulation time. :eek: :eek:

JAGSstillbitteraboutthelosstoRangers

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best of luck to both teams tomorrow boys. I will not make any predictions. I have friends on both squads. Besides, after we lost, I don't give a shite anymore. :eek: :p

Have fun and no copulating the night before the big game. From what I know about you guys, that should not be a problem. :eek:

The Judge

Oct 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We just keep winning and winning and well you know,who could really beat the big blue machine.Wayne Cox with the winner,no more silver fox just the weather man.Was ballbaby mentioned in Jose Canseco's book??Has shoey signed a foot attire endorsement yet?Where is handy Andy's mojo?Who will be the big signings for the coach next year leetchy,sherlie,beyman??Til next year

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was a hard fought game today at Town Centre. We thought we might get the equalizer, but just weren't able to do it towards the end of the match. We were all over them in the first twenty but squandered some opportunities. The second goal really hurt us. Congrats to the Rangers. They will represent us well.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took in the game. Rangers deserved it and the provincial title. Congratulations on an excellent year. No pressure, but you must win the Westerns!

Good to see Izatt get into a game. Well done to Inter who easily could have tied the game to send it into overtime if not for some bad luck. I still feel the Rangers dictated the play.

As for SU, we'll be back. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0