Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

L'impact vs Toronto Fc

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk me, 6-1. Never in their storied :D history have TFC scored more than 4 in a game, and had only done it once before. Thanks Montreal, we appreciate it.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brutal...Just brutal. That was a thrown game if I've ever seen one. MLS should take note of Montreal's "commitment to winning" next time they are up for expansion.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why do people think this game was fixed? A few things from what I saw.

1) Djekanovic was shite to say the least as Regs put it.
2) When Toronto was up 3-1 Montreal had 2 glorious chances to score a goal. Both times Mayard had the ball and had the other striker wide open but chose to shoot instead of giving it to the other guy for a tap in. Then again Toronto's goalie made 2 good saves there unlike the guy at the other end.
3) Dichio was offside when the ball was played in to him before the defender knocked it out for a corner. The resulting corner made it 5-1. Who knows if Montreal would have hung on but that call was botched since Dichio was attempting to win the header.

Yeah it didn't help Vancouver's cause with Montreal playing their b squad but Montreal should have had a couple more at least before Toronto scored their 4th and that would have changed the game. Well done to the Caps anyways as I didn't think they would do as well as they did.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WHAT A FCUKING JOKE. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Joey Saputo and his fcuking Eye-Tie Dairy Mafia Monopoly.

I wonder how much MLSE had to pay them off for that abomination.

If I EVER fcuking hear a Montreal Supporting Voyageur EVER pontificate or opine on what might, per chance, be wrong with the game in this country I am going to lose my shite.

How does this game gain any credibility what-so-fcuking-ever when garbage like that is shown on National Televsion!?!?!?!?!?!

Hey, I got an idea: Let's try and sell Zidane and Co playing has-beens and never were's and charging people $30-$100 per seat for it! :rolleyes:

I watched most of the first half before I left for my hockey game and thought the first 20 minutes weren't bad, actually pretty good. Then Montreal decided to let DeRosario do whatever he wanted, in between bj breaks from Dobson and Forrest. :mad: I get home and fast forward the PVR through the goals...

Serge MUST have been dying to shite the bed to get back at the Caps tonight, it is the only explanation. He should never play another professional match again in his life. He clearly showed tonight he isn't capable of playing for my Valley Div 2 Team FFS :mad:

It's too bad the other former Caps, who were the only ones that looked like they gave a fcuk tonight (Gjertsen, Donatelli, Testo)

What was with Dos Santos!? Everytime a player looked a little plucky he subbed them.

If the fix wasn't in, it clearly looked like it... And this is something the Declan Hill was tarred and feathered over by writing his book. It is precisely the stuff like this that makes it impossible for the Throwball and Hockey Fan Meatheads in this region from taking a shine to this game. It is precisely the stuff that earns the wealthy italian business families the reputations they have whispered behind their backs. It is precisely the type of stuff that will keep MLS looking over Montreal FOREVER.

Joey Saputo and you crew: Get fcuked. You are an abomination and a blight on this game.

/end rant :mad:

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Allright, fair enough, but maybe Toronto actually came out to this game to win it. Let's face it, an MLS team should kick the fack out of a USL squad. What's the difference in payroll?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Overall, Sweet Fcuk All Utah.

Get your facts straight.

The MLS has a salary cap, USL does not.

The Caps, I'd wager a large sum on, spend more money paying players than MLSE does.

In the US Open Cup/Lamar Hunt Cup USL and even Amateur teams beat MLS teams. Upsets and cinderellas happen in the FA Cup all the time.

The Caps have played TFC 4 times in two years and have won twice, tied once, and lost once. The Whitecaps are the superior club and team in this country and it was proved this year. A bad rule based on a 3 team round robin for a national title sent them to the CCL.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Total bullshit. They play their b squad because of the game against the Whitecaps. What shite is that?? have they ever heard of pride and dignity?? Doubt that. You would think MLS would kill USL but they don't. Unless you give up completely. When Vancouver gets a bigger payroll they will destroy Toronto. Now it shows why Montreal gave up their MLS bid, because they're shite, total shite.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN......does 6 - 1 sound familiar? Remember Dunfermline ?.........Nothing to see here. Carry on. Toronto should be pumping teams like Montreal and Vancouver.....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Overall, Sweet Fcuk All Utah.

Get your facts straight.

The MLS has a salary cap, USL does not.

The Caps, I'd wager a large sum on, spend more money paying players than MLSE does.

In the US Open Cup/Lamar Hunt Cup USL and even Amateur teams beat MLS teams. Upsets and cinderellas happen in the FA Cup all the time.

The Caps have played TFC 4 times in two years and have won twice, tied once, and lost once. The Whitecaps are the superior club and team in this country and it was proved this year. A bad rule based on a 3 team round robin for a national title sent them to the CCL.

FFS, man, are you saying that the Whitecaps get paid more than the players on an MSL team? :confused:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, Read it again.

The Caps club spends more money on players than MLSE does on TFC.

The MLS has a complicated cap system (far more complex than the NHL's)

They don't have a DP (Designated Player, which is exempt from cap implications)

They have less players than the Caps, who have 30+ on payroll.

TFC Will have 8-9 guys that are higher paid than any of the Caps in DeRosario, Guevarra, Vitti, Brennan, Cronin, and a few others. But then young guys can't make over 20k. Guys on development contracts (Like Rosenlund was on, make no more than 17k)

The Caps have more money and the median salary will be on par or slightly less paid over a much higher number of players. And supposedly Montreal has more players under contract.

Mysteriously they were all "hurt" tonight though :rolleyes:

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teams only get beat in cups due to what their priorities are. If you are playing for a relegation spot in league, you may field a shittier team in cup to show better in league.
Toronto having a soso year feel it may be important as of right now to keep this cups door open.

Mr. X

Nov 29, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The best part about this is that Gerry Dobson and Craig Forest can continue their stellar analysis of how awesome TFC is. :rolleyes: Can't wait to see them get knocked out in the next round.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0