Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Liberal / NDP Coalition Government

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m not even going to pretend or try to get into all of this, but a point, if I may, on the little rogue union subject going on here…

I think the thing that bothers me most is not the fact that they get all the time off or outrageous salary's for doing little, basic or no work at all, the benefits or that ultimately I'm paying for it, they've obviously threatened to hold their breath enough times, with-held services, let the garbage pile up, argued, fought and dangled some bureaucrat by his ankles out enough 10 storey balcony's to "earn" it, but I think it's the complete and absolute openness in which they mock and flaunt it to everyone else. It’s seriously more offensive than any run-on sentences I can come up with.

Carry on.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I’m not even going to pretend or try to get into all of this, but a point, if I may, on the little rogue union subject going on here…

I think the thing that bothers me most is not that the fact they get all the time off or outrageous salary's for doing little, basic or no work at all, the benefits or that ultimately I'm paying for it, they've obviously threatened to hold their breath enough times, with-held services, let the garbage pile up, argued, fought and dangled some bureaucrat by his ankles out enough 10 storey balcony's to "earn" it, but I think it's the complete and absolute openness in which they mock and flaunt it to everyone else. It’s seriously more offensive than any run-on sentences I can come up with.

Carry on.

This may sound ghey, but I want to kiss you.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's to the 12.00 dollar per hour hole digger. :D

Are you telling me that the government are going to roll me back 20 bucks an hour, now we are talking a real shut down of this province.

I hear what you are saying about 2010, your beloved Liberals have got us in this mess, thanks Gordo.

The economy is into the down turn much earlier than expected, lots and lots of construction is now on hold through-out this Province.

The sad thing with this slow down is that it is the guy working in the private sector losses his job first, its just the way it is.

hos

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the thing that bothers me most.

Is it the time off, the wage, the benefits, or the fancy cover-alls that we get to wear, the ladies love em.

The real sad thing in this whole debate, is that you are including the truely valuable union members (nurses, police, and ferry workers - love ya whislteblower), with the other son of a bitch dogg fukcers that work for any of the cities in the lower mainland, I truely feel bad for the union member that are out there making a difference, for less money than those other bastages.

hos

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you telling me that the government are going to roll me back 20 bucks an hour, now we are talking a real shut down of this province.

I hear what you are saying about 2010, your beloved Liberals have got us in this mess, thanks Gordo.

The economy is into the down turn much earlier than expected, lots and lots of construction is now on hold through-out this Province.

The sad thing with this slow down is that it is the guy working in the private sector losses his job first, its just the way it is.

hos

OK, now seriously...you actually are going to try and pin the sudden private project hold-ups on the Provincial Libs?

Hos...you do understand that these are projects being affected by a worldwide financial cunch, don't you? You do understand that it literally is WAY bigger than any problems we have Provincially, and that it wouldn't matter right now if we had the Libs, NDP, Greens, or Marijuanna party in power here Provincially, right?

You do understand this? Please, tell me you do kind of get that?

WTF...I must be on candid camera. Where did you put it Hos? I'm hip to your game here...winding me up by pretending to be the DUMBEST **** ALIVE, then posting my reaction on TTP Media Center later?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's about right. :D

I think I strained an abdominal muscle at 1:35...just when you think he's calmed down.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

.......and he's also the first guy to find a new job because unlike your typical union pig, he won't milk the system even further on EI.

:bronco:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Come on the union guy is smarter than that, go on WBC right before the lay-off, full compensation during lay-off period.
Only these private sector idiots would go on EI, but they may be smart enough to work on the side too.

Dude, don't go telling me that the Liberals have nothing to do with this slowdown in BC. Don't you remember the $100 dollar checks for everyone when he brought in the Carbon tax, that was the start of it, that tax, look what has happened to the price of oil, Gordo has to cut the tax now, before we sink even further into this recess.

hos

Last edited by a moderator:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Press Release from Ipsos:
The last two weeks have marked a time in Canadian political history that will go down in the history books. During the recent constitutional crisis, conflicting messages were presented about how Canadian democracy works, and what powers the Governor General actually has. According to a new Ipsos Reid poll conducted on behalf of the Dominion Institute in the wake of the recent constitutional crisis, many Canadians appear to be unsure of some basic Canadian political knowledge, including how the Prime Minister is elected and who Canada’s head of state is.

Canadians are split on whether the Prime Minister is directly or indirectly elected by the people of Canada. One half (51%) believes he is directly elected, while the other half (49%) believes he is not. In fact, the Prime Minister is not directly elected, as Canadians vote for their local Member of Parliament, and the leader of the party with the most seats in parliament is invited by the Governor General to become Prime Minister.

Four in ten (42%) believe that the Prime Minister is Canada’s head of state, and one in three (33%) think this title belongs to the Governor General. In truth, though, the Queen is Canada’s Head of State, and only one quarter (24%) of Canadians knew this.

Four in ten (41%) Canadians were unable to correctly identify Canada as a ‘constitutional monarchy’. One in four (24%) Canadians described it as a ‘cooperative assembly’ and 17% believed Canada is a ‘representative republic’.

Much debate has ensued around whether or not the Governor General could constitutionally refuse a sitting Prime Minister’s request for a new election if he no longer commanded the confidence of the House of Commons, particularly when an election has just occurred. While one in ten (10%) believe that the Governor General cannot refuse the Prime Minister’s request, nine in ten (90%) believe that she can. The Governor General can in fact refuse this request as part of her reserve powers. This scenario could be at play in January or February if the opposition parties decide to defeat the government’s budget in a vote of non-confidence.

These are the findings of an Ipsos Reid poll conducted on behalf of the Dominion Institute from December 9 to December 12, 2008. This online survey of 1070 Canadians was conducted via the Ipsos I-Say Online Panel, Ipsos Reid's national online panel. The results of this poll are based on a sample where quota sampling and weighting are employed to balance demographics and ensure that the sample's composition reflects that of the actual Canadian population according to Census data. Quota samples with weighting from the Ipsos online panel provide results that are intended to approximate a probability sample. Statistical margins of error are not applicable to online polls because they are based on samples drawn from opt-in online panels, however, an unweighted probability sample of this size, with a 100% response rate, would have an estimated margin of error of +/- 3.1 percentage points, 19 times out of 20, had the entire adult population of Canada been polled.

How is the Prime Minister Elected?

Canadians are split on how the Prime Minister of Canada is elected. While one half (51%) believes that he is directly elected, one half (49%) does not.

* Quebecers (70%) are most likely to believe that he is directly elected by the people of Canada, the only region wherein a majority believes this. A minority of those in British Columbia (49%), Ontario (47%), Saskatchewan and Manitoba (44%), Alberta (42%) and Atlantic Canada (35%) think he’s directly elected.
* In contrast, a majority of Atlantic Canadians (65%) do not believe he is elected in this manner, and the same can be said about those living in Alberta (58%), Saskatchewan and Manitoba (56%), Ontario (53%), and British Columbia (51%). Only three in ten Quebecers (30%) believe this.

Who is Canada’s Head of State?

Much confusion exists when it comes to knowing who Canada’s head of state is. Four in ten (42%) believe that the Prime Minister is Canada’s head of state, and one in three (33%) think this title belongs to the Governor General. Only one quarter (24%) knows it’s the Queen.

* Ontarians (33%) are most likely to know that the Queen is Canada’s Head of State, followed by those living in Saskatchewan and Manitoba (28%), Atlantic Canada (26%), Alberta (18%), Quebec (17%) and British Columbia (16%).
* British Columbians (43%), residents of Saskatchewan and Manitoba (41%) and Albertans (40%) are most likely to say that the Governor General is head of state, followed by Atlantic Canadians (33%), Ontarians (32%) and Quebecers (26%).
* Quebecers (57%) have the highest propensity to believe that the Prime Minister is the head of state, while those living in Alberta (42%), Atlantic Canada (41%), Ontario (35%) and Saskatchewan and Manitoba (31%) are much less likely to think this.

How is Canada’s Government Best Described?

Six in ten (59%) Canadians were correctly able to identify Canada as a ‘constitutional monarchy’. Four in ten gave an incorrect response, believing that it was best described as a ‘cooperative assembly’ (25%) or a ‘representative republic’ (17%).

* Ontarians (63%) and residents of Saskatchewan and Manitoba (63%) are most likely to know that Canada is a constitutional monarchy, while Albertans (61%), Atlantic Canadians (60%), and Quebecers (57%) are only slightly less likely to know this. However, British Columbians (48%) are much less likely to know this.
* British Columbians (24%) are most likely to think that it’s a representative republic and a cooperative assembly (28%) when compared to other parts of the country.

Can the Governor General Refuse the Prime Minister?

Nine in ten (90%) Canadians believe that the Governor General has the power to refuse the Prime Minister’s request for an election. Just 10% do not.

* Albertans (97%) are the most likely to know this, followed by Canadians living in Atlantic Canada (96%), Saskatchewan and Manitoba (92%), Ontario (89%), British Columbia (88%) and Quebec (86%).
* Conversely, Quebecers (14%) are the most likely to think that the Governor General cannot deny the Prime Minister’s request, while those in British Columbia (12%), Ontario (11%), Saskatchewan and Manitoba (8%), Atlantic Canada (4%), and Alberta (3%) are less likely to think this.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or another possible interpretation: BC has the highest percentage of residents born outside the country, who just may not be as well-informed about (or actually just less experienced with) the idiosyncracies of Canadian politics.

And the highest percentage of pot smokers....:rolleyes:

Ontarians really just love themselves, not the Queen.

Carry on....

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What are you worried about? It's not like there are fewer kids to teach. You get that extra $7.00 no matter how bad a job you do.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I suppose your right Dude. I should look at it in the sense that all of a sudden I'm getting paid more to be on TTP!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0