Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Liberal / NDP Coalition Government

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
that this is how pollsters operate does not make them scientific, you fcuking ignorant idiot.

shut the fcuk up when you dont know what you are talking about. Maybe you could learn something

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
that this is how pollsters operate does not make them scientific, you fcuking ignorant idiot.

shut the fcuk up when you dont know what you are talking about. Maybe you could learn something
That is a scientific poll. It samples a large number of people in a vast range of area, and asks them to be honest.

The only thing not scientific about it is not having them hooked up to polygraph.

What more could they do!?

I said it was a scientific poll, rather than saying it was not an unscientific poll, like walking down one block of the downtown east side and asking 5 cracked out hookers who they would vote for and then publishing it as fact...or running a webpoll on a left wing blog (The Tyee) or right wing blog (Western Standard) where patrons of said site are obviously of one political persuasion more than another...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As far as I can remember, the difference between simple opinion polling and scientific polls is that in an opinion poll they just ask a large number of voluntary people the same questions and record their answers, a scientific poll takes into account the sample they are taking and holds it to standards such as percentages to be represented by things like
-salary windows
-size of family
and other factors that often forge thought processes when it comes to one making decisions based on politics and voting habits.

Keep in mind the polls shown have tables showing the error ratio and percentage of accuracy.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keep in mind the polls shown have tables showing the error ratio and percentage of accuracy.[/QUOTE said:
JBN

perhaps you can point out to me where in this article that you posted as a " scientific poll ", that there is any mention of margin of error? For example, a simple plus/minus 3%, 19 times out of 20 somewhere?? I looked, not exhaustively, but I looked.... so if there is some mention of it, please point it out to me. At that point I wont assume they called 1000 people from Calgary to get the answer they wanted to print and I might take it a bit more seriously

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Johnny Redneck - does this report make you feel better?

Canada was stunned Monday when it was announced that The Stanley Cup will be awarded to the Toronto Maple Leafs, possibly as early as December 6th.
The cup will be stripped from from 2008 playoff champions the Detroit Red Wings and be awarded to the Leafs, who didn't even make the playoffs.
How is this possible, Canadians ask?
Well, the Leafs have formed a coalition with eastern conference semifinalists the Montreal Canadians, and conference quarter finalists the Ottawa Senators, now outnumbering the Red Wings.
According to current Leaf coach Ron Wilson "the Red Wings have lost the confidence of the league and should hand the cup over immediately to our coalition".
NHL commissioner Gary Bettman is cutting short a European trip to try to resolve the unprecedented hockey crisis that could force a second playoff series, or see an opposing team coalition take the cup.

The only scientific pole I've heard lately is Polska and even he's kind of dodgy....:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The problem is tv, even the Maple Laughs couldnt get a majority, like the coalition has. I have been staying away from this gong show, because I just like to sit back and watch that trian wreck Dude go to work, but here are my two bits.

I see nothing wrong with the coaliton from a political point of view, the three parties together have more seats than then conservs and can take over the govenment because of that.
Do I think it is smart on the part of the three parties that are forming the coalition, no, they all look bad, and at the end of this, we may see major conservitive rule in Canada for years and years to come. No one will want to vote against the strong party because of this situation, so we get majority goverments that do as they will in a country that is allready a push over when it comes to politics.

hos

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey hammerhead.

Here's one:
• In total, a random sample of 2536 Canadians aged 18 and over responded to the
survey.
• A sample of this size provides a margin of error of +/- 1.9 percentage points, 19 times
out of 20. The margin of error increases when the results are sub-divided (i.e., error
margins for sub-groups such as regions).
• All the data were statistically weighted to ensure the samples composition reflects that
of the actual population of Canada according to Census data.

exhaustively ma arse.. ;) and I'm just home from work at the bar, half pished...

seriously, you need help.

Are You Layton is disguise!? Are you Layton, are you Layton!? :p

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
And here.
5.0. Methodology
The representative sample survey of n>500 voters was interviewed by professional interviewers using CATI December 2-4, 2008. By convention, samples of this size are deemed accurate to within 4.5 percentage points 19 times out of 20. The principal
...again, exhaustively my arse...

who's ignorant now.

fcuking wankers...who invited you anyways!?

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN

your skill with Google is truly astounding

just two questions:

1.) Do either of those truly pretty examples apply to the poll in question?

2.) If so, where in the article you posted is it mentioned ?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
okay, here is the deal, read the poll report, it is the one mentioned by the financial or national post, then click the link to the report, adn the other report, with the powerpoints or whatever, where I copied and pasted the quotes in.

It isn't rocket science.

I posted results to two polls.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The whole notion of a coalition is looking like a real winner this morning, innit?

Hos, I may be a bit of a train wreck these days, but there will come a day when you won't be able to get paid for digging and re-filling the same hole three times in an 8-hour shift. This "correction" (I refuse to call this a recession or depression) in our economy will see a toppling of union power in North America. Your brothers are going to wake up and realize that having a job that pays a fair wage is important to their livelihood, and that working hard for their dollar is normal. They'll realize that they have to put their skills to good use, because there is somebody standing behind them ready, willing, and ABLE to replace them if they can convince management that they can be more efficient.

Better make hay while the sun shines, and dig a lot of holes while you still can.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hos, I may be a bit of a train wreck these days, but there will come a day when you won't be able to get paid for digging and re-filling the same hole three times in an 8-hour shift

And how many posts do you come up with on TTP while you are at work. Oh, but you don't work in the public sector, but there is still people out there that are paying for your trip to Mexico. Have a nice trip you prick.;)

hos

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The beauty of being in a private business is that I don't have to answer to the public, except when it comes time to pay my taxes.

And, as you can imagine Hos, we don't like spending good money on taxes, therefore it is incumbent on us to find ways of spending enough in expenses to help reduce that tax level.

Surf's up!

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
and harper is a lying propaganda spewing capitalist pig

That would imply that he actually understands capitalism, and sound fiscal policy...which he does not (beyond pretending he does in the speeches he gives to those who believe that just because he is the head of a party that calls itself "Conservative", that it actually IS conservative with respect to financial policy...which, as anyone who follows government will tell you, is an inaccuracy.) The only real fiscal conservatives of the past four decades have been the Liberal Party of Canada (with Paul Martin as Finance Minister). The others are pretenders. with Harper riding Martin's coat-tails, and pissing the sound fiscal policies away (much like G.W. Bush did with Clinton's fiscal policies: i.e. surplus' turned to massive deficits...leading to this calamity worldwide).

Harper is a premier bullshite artist, and the shocking thing is realizing how many Canadians don't understand how our government works, who buy his fake bill of sale!? A guy who only garnered 37per cent of the vote, who muzzled the press, attacked the bureaucracy, stopped his Cabinet ministers from saying anything unless he approved it first, and basically turned our democracy into his own personal dictatorship, is now preaching about defending "democracy"?! WHAT A FREAKIN JOKE! He, and those that support his crap probably also have posters of that idiot from Zimbabwie (sp) on their walls, with a sign on it that says "hero".

Morons.

THAT's the greatest tragedy in this whole soap opera. :(

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
but there will come a day when you won't be able to get paid for digging and re-filling the same hole three times in an 8-hour shift.

I thought about this a lot last night, and Dude I have to take exception to this. My earlier brilliant comment was a bit premature. You are assuming, or forgetting about the three guys leaning on their shovels whilst HOS digs and fills said hole.......:D

:bronco:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's not like those three guys don't do anything. They probably dish out some pretty damn good advise for old Hos.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You boys are so niave, you both forget that I do have 15 years of senoirity, that gives me 8 weeks holiday, 4 weeks sick time, and 2 weeks family leave. As the senior man, I have the great responsibility of picking those 3 holes that must be dug. Many a tank of gas and cup of timmy ho's is gone through in this process.
Solidarity Forever for HOS

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup, the autoworkers had the same perks as you HOS for years. It's worked out great for them. tick tock..tick tock...tick tock.......

Here's to the 12.00 dollar per hour hole digger. :D

:bronco:

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0