Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leafs Nation is back in the dance.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup... PK Montour basically... although the choke job took me back to the year they brought in Gonchar and Nylander at the deadline only to die in game 7 of the first round as well...
I feel like Montour could have been either the hero or villain last night. Couple penalties kept Boston in it

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He was commenting on 2012 when they won presidents trophy but lost out in first round. And how media said they weren’t the at good a team anyways
Or something to that effect

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

That's a piss-take on Chara and Lucic alleging that the Canucks were seen doing that before game 6 in the 2011 SCF... Bieksa got all huffy about it claiming that it he would have expected more mutual respect than for that allegation to be made... this from a group that sneered, condescended and greaseballed their way through the entire 2011 season, including a complete arrogance on the part of the team, fanbase and media leading into the final. And, they followed it up with absolute filth in the series - game 7 alone had plenty examples of why the entire league hated them.

So yeah, I believe Chara and Lucic over big brave Bieksa... as for this poster, Vancouver typical...

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's a piss-take on Chara and Lucic alleging that the Canucks were seen doing that before game 6 in the 2011 SCF... Bieksa got all huffy about it claiming that it he would have expected more mutual respect than for that allegation to be made... this from a group that sneered, condescended and greaseballed their way through the entire 2011 season, including a complete arrogance on the part of the team, fanbase and media leading into the final. And, they followed it up with absolute filth in the series - game 7 alone had plenty examples of why the entire league hated them.

So yeah, I believe Chara and Lucic over big brave Bieksa... as for this poster, Vancouver typical...
Happy Hour Drinking GIF

cosmo kramer pimp GIF

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, it happens... give Florida credit, their forecheck gave the Bruins absolute fits... kind of ridiculous that the Leafs and Seattle are through and the Bruins and Avs are golfing but that's why they play the games... Bruins cooked their goalie and probably had a bunch of guys playing pretty hurt but no excuses - they played like crap and Florida played out of their minds and that was enough to sneak them through.

End of an era though. 5 million in cap overages next year, Pasta salary doubles, precious few prospects coming through and no cap space to keep the rental they spent huge draft capital on. Too bad; they were far and away the best team in the league this year, by any objective measure...
Kind of like when Boston beat us in the Stanley cup final? We were the best team and in fact better then Boston.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kind of like when Boston beat us in the Stanley cup final? We were the best team and in fact better then Boston.
Sure you were. The aggregate was 23-8; the Canucks barely squeaked out their wins while the Bruins utterly demolished the Canucks in theirs. The Bruins scored more short-handed goals in the series than the Canucks scored power-play goals. The Bruins wore the Canucks down with classic playoff hockey - much like St. Louis wore down the Bruins in 2019. By game 7, the Canucks had nothing to give, and the Bruins asserted their dominance. All this while their best scorer was out thanks to a vicious, predatory hit from one of the many flotsam Canuck defenders.

Oh and just for completeness... the Bruins came here in February of that year at the tail end of a six game roadie and beat the Canucks 2-1.

Better than Boston? Take Gallagher and Botchford off repeat and face the facts. The Canucks got their teeth kicked in by a vastly superior team who were full value for the title.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure you were. The aggregate was 23-8; the Canucks barely squeaked out their wins while the Bruins utterly demolished the Canucks in theirs. The Bruins scored more short-handed goals in the series than the Canucks scored power-play goals. The Bruins wore the Canucks down with classic playoff hockey - much like St. Louis wore down the Bruins in 2019. By game 7, the Canucks had nothing to give, and the Bruins asserted their dominance. All this while their best scorer was out thanks to a vicious, predatory hit from one of the many flotsam Canuck defenders.

Oh and just for completeness... the Bruins came here in February of that year at the tail end of a six game roadie and beat the Canucks 2-1.

Better than Boston? Take Gallagher and Botchford off repeat and face the facts. The Canucks got their teeth kicked in by a vastly superior team who were full value for the title.
Having Colin Campbell cheering you on didn't hurt either.

ferris buellers day off cough GIF

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having Colin Campbell cheering you on didn't hurt either.

ferris buellers day off cough GIF
He recused himself from the entire series... the better complaint would be that the league, apparently, asked Brian Burke for his opinion on the Rome hit, and they listened to him...

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

You’re sounding worse than a leafs fan.
My team is far superior than yours every year but you got lucky, we were hurt, regular season we destroyed you, you barely beat us, blah blah blah.
Why didn’t you just destroy us in 4 then?
Does it matter the individual scores of games? Still took it to 7. Guess you weren’t dominant enough to sweep. ;)

You’re making it easier to tolerate @The Franchise and his leafs talk

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You’re sounding worse than a leafs fan.
My team is far superior than yours every year but you got lucky, we were hurt, regular season we destroyed you, you barely beat us, blah blah blah.
Why didn’t you just destroy us in 4 then?
Does it matter the individual scores of games? Still took it to 7. Guess you weren’t dominant enough to sweep. ;)

You’re making it easier to tolerate @The Franchise and his leafs talk
If u can’t take when u lose then don’t speak when you win is my motto. I heard everyone’s shite for last 7 plus years so believe me your all going to hear it now.

Boston was awful and Ullmark was absolute shite like I told u a month back when I said playoffs is different

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If u can’t take when u lose then don’t speak when you win is my motto. I heard everyone’s shite for last 7 plus years so believe me your all going to hear it now.

Boston was awful and Ullmark was absolute shite like I told u a month back when I said playoffs is different
Calm Down Champions League GIF by Liverpool FC

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Has it only been 7 years? Feelin like they’ve sucked longer than that

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Which one? The guy who won in Pittsburg. Was pretty good when put in the proper role.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0