Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Le Bout de Tête

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
What's making me sick during all this are all the Italians coming to the defense of Matterazzi. Nobody is excusing Zidane for the foul, but it seems every time I log on here, or listen to the radio, there is yet another Italian supporter fumbling his way through another excuse. I can't agree w/ KNVB more: you got your win, now be humble, and show some class.

Yeah, we've all been on the pitch, and a lot gets said. But, how can anyone, especially another ethnic minority, justify crossing the line the way Matterazzi is reported to have done? He's in the papers now saying how Zidane looked at him arrogantly and offered his shirt after the match, if he really wanted it that bad. That is well below the radar of acceptable banter on the field. Really, no big deal.

But, if Matterazzi at some point did call Zidane the "Dirty son of an Algerian Terrorist", or something along those lines, well, that, in these days and times, is called long-jumping over the line of acceptable banter. A few years back, about 3 months past the 911 bombings, we had an opponent who called out to one of my players, who was dark skinned, and had the appearance of being Arabian, "Watch out for #10 or he'll fly a plane into your house." My player's parents were on the sideline, and heard the whole thing. His dad is a white Italian, his mum a black Zimbabwean. Rick showed amazing restraint to diffuse what was about to become a full out brawl. Had his parents not been in attendance, I can almost guarantee he'd have lost it. Just because racism exists doesn't mean that it should be practiced.

Should Zidane have snapped? No. In his shoes, would I have not snapped? I can lie and say I would have shown restraint, but honestly I can't say I would. And, any of you out there known for your intensity on the pitch would be lying if you claimed you can guarantee that you wouldn't react the same way in the face of a racial slur. The human element of the game will always exist, and so will the lower quality a person like Matterazzi who will chose to take advantage of it, and expose it.

And, as far as the snappage goes, let's be honest here...it was ugly on TV mostly because it involved a head butt. That said, it wasn't really a dangerous head butt (had it been to the nose, could have been very, very bad). There was no injury, just an awkward stumble. It's the timing of the incident, and the appearance, that will cause this incident to follow Zidane around for the rest of his life. If it had been a nasty tackle from behind w/ a red, would he be getting the same attention? Probably not as much, even though often the injuries from tackles from behind are legitimate, and often severe. The result would have been the same: red card, and France losing their biggest threat to finish it off in the final 3 minutes, and a sure goal in PKs. There certainly wouldn't be an impromptu video game made of the incident the day after, because nasty tackles are common place. As far as blatant assaults go, we've all seen a lot worse, even in this WC.

Now, I heard one guy say, too, that when he was watching the game, and saw the incident, that he inwardly cheered and said to himself, "Good, now go out and do that to the other 10 cheating cnuts." The Italians don't endear themselves to the rest of the world's fans because of the play acting. That's the difference between a player like Zidane, and Matterazzi: Zidane endears himself to fans of the game for his style, skill, intensity, and leadership. Although his moment of idiocy will plague him forever, Matterazzi will be linked to him, and known as a cowardly racist. Yeah, he may have a World Cup under his belt, but is it worth it?

I'll bite.

I completeley disagree. Calling one of the best players of all time a terrorist during a soccer game is crossing the line?
Zidane lost it. HE IS NOT THE VICTIM. Materazzi is. Period.So what if Materrazzi called him names for 90 minutes...or that he may be known to take a dive, or whatever your reasoning is.
Just because a girl is a slut, doesnt mean she deserves to get raped.

Besides, you are basing your thoughts on something that was not confirmed. All materazzi said was that he insulted Zidane, and he also re-confirmed that he in no way called him a terrorist. I am sure Maradonna and Pele were called names too, very racist names...and I dont recall their legacy ending in disgrace like Zidane.

Stop blaimng the i-ties for Zidanes snappage.

I like your thoughts regarding the head butt. Zidane knows better that to head butt a Sicilian. He would have knocked himself out.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Barry Ferguson called Roy Keane a 'Fenian Bastard' during an Old Firm match, and Keano game him a kiss WWIII would erupt in Glasgow...
The morning rags in Britain would conclude Baz a racist and Rangers Football Club the developement camp for such mentality... Keano would be claimed a folk hero at home, throughout N.America and abroad.

Bottom line, we need to stamp racism out of the game... Matterazzi was way out of line for his disgusting mouth, but the way Zidane reacted was undisiplined and quick tempered (unexcusable)... I guess we all know by now the guy who retaliates will get punished...
Apparently the Italians school yard tactics of win at all costs worked... (funny how it didn't for the pork chops)... Karma is a bitch and I'm sure all the praying in the world won't be able to help them in Championships to come!!!

Originally posted by: Zaurrini
Just because a girl is a slut, doesnt mean she deserves to get raped.
pssst, can't rape the willing.

Forza Super Pipo

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
All materazzi said was that he insulted Zidane, and he also re-confirmed that he in no way called him a terrorist.

The retard also said he doesn't know what a terrorist is?? So somebody is not telling the truth....

:confused:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurinni,

I didn't use the word "Victim" in my analysis of the situation, not in Zedine's case or, Materazzi.

This is the type of BS coming from Italian supporters that is getting tiring. Let's get real, a victim? Whatever...he was pushed to the ground, no different result than a two handed shove.

Victim. Right Fil. :rolleyes: That is weak.

On the racist slur front, it is easy for those of us not in the situation to say that being on the receiving end of a racial slur would not affect us. Is it like me telling a black person he or she shouldn't have a reaction to being called an "N" Bomb. Not my place, and I'm not going to pretend to know what it is like. In this age, being associated with a "Dirty Algerian Terrorist" is about as bad as it gets, especially if you happen to be Algerian.

And, you are right: I'm assuming he made the comment, as there is no hard proof, and likely it will always be a case of "he said, she (Materazzi) said.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zidane is set to speak later today about what exactly was said to him. I'm sure that will clear everything up and everyone, both Italian and not, will agree with his actions. ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He just said it had to do with his sister and mother, which contradicted Matterfanny's claim. He wouldn't elaborate any more. I'm just off the phone with him.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"You hear those things once and you try to walk away," said Zidane, who retired from football after the final in Berlin.

"That's what I wanted to do because I am retiring. You hear it a second time and then a third time.

I can't regret what I did because it would mean that he (Materazzi) was right to say what he said

"This was not something to do. I want to make it clear because it was watched by two billion people and by millions of kids.

"I want to apologise to them but I can't regret what I did because it would mean that he (Materazzi) was right to say what he said."

Difference between Zidane and Matterazzi is that Zidane is at least taking ownership of his actions, while Matterazzi is still denying.

At the end of the day, unless you're an Italian fan wearing blue tinted glasses, you can at least put yourself in Zidane's shoes. And, he still had enough class not to reveal exactly what Matterazzi said.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Difference between Zidane and Matterazzi is that Zidane is at least taking ownership of his actions, while Matterazzi is still denying.

What?

I thought we have already quoted Materazzi as saying that he DID insult Zizou. Is that not taking ownership?

Superstriker

Aug 16, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:

At the end of the day, unless you're an Italian fan wearing blue tinted glasses, you can at least put yourself in Zidane's shoes. And, he still had enough class not to reveal exactly what Matterazzi said.

The funny thing is that in my experience most Italians think they are better than everyone else....so will they admit they are racist..of course not...they feel that unless you are Italian then you are less a person anyways..

I have yet to hear anyone on here that is Italian say that Matterazzi was out of line even...

I have to agree that I cheered when he head butted him not because it was the right thing to do but because it was against the Italians...they've gotten most people to cheer against them for their shitty attitudes and lack of class...I have a friend who is Italian and I wanted to be able to support her during the final as I don't care to cheer for the French either...but I just couldn't do it

I honestly would have cheered for ANY other team...and I know I'm part of a very large crowd who feel the same. It's sad but it's true...

In the end they won...so congrats I suppose...I just wish I actually ment it or felt they deserved it...

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
.... Zidane's shoes. And, he still had enough class not to reveal exactly what Matterazzi said.

Probably does not want to repeat it cause it is true.
His wife is a whore. There was a gang bang at Juventus, and Materazzi brought it up.

Would you repeat that to the world?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ownership: he is still denying he said anything extraordinary to ZZ to cause him to snap. Anyone can see that his denial of such is a blatant, full out lie.

On the gang bang...now you're getting into a whole different realm (so do tell!!!), but, here's what I know...

You are still defending Matterazzi for his place in this, and still trying to convince us he's a "victim". Seriously man, you can't honestly believe that?

Ever stop to think that maybe he deserved what he got, and so did Zidane?

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Superstriker said:
I have yet to hear anyone on here that is Italian say that Matterazzi was out of line even...

Out of line for what? Insulting Zidane?
Again, you are making assumptions that he called him a terrorist.
Is that worth a retaliation head-butt...maybe? Dude would say yes, and I can accept his opinion. But it is all speculation right now.
I/we/you probably get insulted every game you play in.
I have a muckers game tonight, and we insult each other...does that mean KnVB is going to head butt me now?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Fill, but I think you should cleat him the fist time he makes a nose joke. The cnut deserves it. ;)

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
You are still defending Matterazzi for his place in this, and still trying to convince us he's a "victim". Seriously man, you can't honestly believe that?

Absolutley.

With the FACTS that you have, how can you not defend Materazzi right now.

If new FACTS come out, I may change my opinion of him.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me....someone should translate that inot French so no others snap.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Answer me this.

Playing Nations Cup final in 2003. I was called every derogitory (sp?) Italian name in the book, so should I go head butt everybody? Even on here, Italians are called Wops, greasy divers, so if I see you, run cause Im going to head butt you. ;)

Nobody once mentioned the Germans being racist after an article in a German mag was published about Italian men being greasy parasites.

My father is in Italy right now rumor and I stress again rumor has it that Zidane started the insults on Materazzi. Talking about his children. But this will forever be a 'He said this; No i never said that' story.

Why doesnt FIFA take the World Cup away from Italy would everybody be happy then?

I have to say this cause I told you all I would for the next 4 years; ITALIA CAMPIONE DEL MONDO 2006. :D

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I beleive Matterazzati should be suspended for a long time. The cup should be taken away from Italy, and Italy be demoted to the Concacaf qualfiying group. :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0