Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Le Bout de Tête

ZENYO

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
Zaurrini said:

feel free to add, you coward.
:p

Even if Mat said what everyone thinks he said, I don't like it, but it's a game within the game. If you think for a second that ZZ, Mat, you or any other player, in any other sport hasn't at one point or another heard/said worse... Then you have to be seriously challenged. Further, if you think matt responded to rosey comments... Come one! I'm certain ZZ has some zingers in his back pocket.

I am not justifying it! I’m just saying it is commonplace, and although it needs to be removed, not at the expense of someone’s professional career. Like it or not, what matt did (if he did do whatever he did) is widely accepted on the pitch and what zidane did is not.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't why I’m always getting pulling into conversations where insults, cnuts, noses that look like elongated clitorises and severe batterings are involved. Why don't people like me?

PS.

Zenga, I wouldn't call you greasy if you stopped combing your hair with a day old pork chop and I'm not talking about a young gomsey.

Head Butt wating to happen,

KNVB

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB,

I told my team last night if we in Nations cup we will have the Camaronesi barber shop scene after the final and chop my hair. No more grease then! :p

Side note Whitecaps reserve beat us 2-1 last night!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB said:
I beleive Matterazzati should be suspended for a long time. The cup should be taken away from Italy, and Italy be demoted to the Concacaf qualfiying group. :D
No, God no. We already have the other "Powerhouses" to deal with. :rolleyes:

Will I ever see Canada play in the WC again before I die?

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
No, God no. We already have the other "Powerhouses" to deal with. :rolleyes:

Will I ever see Canada play in the WC again before I die?

Yes.... when we host the tourney :rolleyes:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Devil's Advocate: Does anybody wonder what was said to Figo before he head-butted his "victim"? Does anyone care? If not, why is Materazzi being investigated?

The Other Hand: If FIFA is trying to do its best to promote fair play and stamp out racism, then investigating Materazzi is necessary. However, as mentioned by others earlier -- it seems like it'll all come down to a "he said, she said" situation, and the truth will never come out.

If -- and it's a big "if" -- it turns out that Materazzi did, in fact, make racial slurs or other remarks deemed inappropriate by FIFA, then he should be punished accordingly.

At this point, (and in my opinion) for all his lack of explanations, Materazzi is looking quite guilty of some serious comments, and does NOT look like a vicitim. But, I agree -- let's see what other "facts" emerge.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ZENYO said:
:p

Even if Mat said what everyone thinks he said, I don't like it, but it's a game within the game.
No, Zenyo, it's NOT a game within the game. FIFA is trying to stamp out precisely what "everyone thinks he said". If it were an accepted "game within the game", then FIFA wouldn't be punishing such behaviour/language.

ZENYO

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
No, Zenyo, it's NOT a game within the game. FIFA is trying to stamp out precisely what "everyone thinks he said". If it were an accepted "game within the game", then FIFA wouldn't be punishing such behaviour/language.

As mentioned before... I'm not justifying it... And quite frankly any sort of racism, generalizing and sterotyping is sickening...

I'm just saying it as it is... Good on FIFA for trying to stamp it out... But you can't single out one person (like Betman), ruin his career and say "Look at me, I saved world soccer from racism" and then forget about it. FIFA created the monster and they need to slowly work the kink out....

Once again - IT STINKS, I'M NOT JUSTIFYING IT AND BAD ON MATT AND ANYONE ELSE WHO RESORT TO THAT... understand?;)

ZENYO

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ZENYO said:
Like it or not, what matt did (if he did do whatever he did) is widely accepted on the pitch

On the pitch... I said nothing about it being widely accepted by any governing bodies...

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My old favorite rock band said it best.

Three sides to every story. Your side. My side. And the truth.

Whole hearted.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenyo, I'm sorry, but it does sound like you're justifying it.

"But officer, you shouldn't give me a ticket. Everybody speeds! I know it's wrong, but it's widely accepted. It's commonplace!"
ZENYO said:
I am not justifying it! I’m just saying it is commonplace, and although it needs to be removed, not at the expense of someone’s professional career. Like it or not, what matt did (if he did do whatever he did) is widely accepted on the pitch and what zidane did is not.
Don't worry, though. Any action against him won't hurt his professional career. At most, he (or anyone else caught doing it) would get a couple of games suspension.

And just because you say it's widely accepted on the pitch, doesn't mean that you shouldn't expect a reaction of some sort. Likewise, it doesn't obsolve the person from having said it.

But like you said, you're not justifying it. Right?

ZENYO

May 12, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The difference is, the police have been giving out speeding tickets since cars. Plus, they have input/output devices that track and record for evidence purposes.

Maybe FIFA should put microphones on the field like the NHL does....

"And just because you say it's widely accepted on the pitch, doesn't mean that you shouldn't expect a reaction of some sort. Likewise, it doesn't obsolve the person from having said it."

Spot on. I'm just saying that it needs to be done gradualy.

Honestly, I am not justifying it. If I’m not conveying my message correctly, I’m sorry. I am very opposed to that type of $hit.

Don't be sorry... I love debating and it's fun to be put in my place... Otherwise, it's boring.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
Devil's Advocate: Does anybody wonder what was said to Figo before he head-butted his "victim"? Does anyone care? If not, why is Materazzi being investigated?

At this point, (and in my opinion) for all his lack of explanations, Materazzi is looking quite guilty of some serious comments, and does NOT look like a vicitim. But, I agree -- let's see what other "facts" emerge.

I think we have already used this analogy with totti's spiiting incident.

I find it hard to believe that Matt appears to you to have done something seriously wrong. What gives you that impression?
How is Matt, at this point in time, not the victim. He was violently head butted in the sternum.
The fact that someone as great as Zizou snapped?
...because Matt is Italian you cannot take his word?

Unreal.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Am i reading reports correctly that Zizou was defending his mothers honour...and it has nothing to do with racism ? :confused:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who really knows. Maybe it was a combo, as in "Your whore mother is a terrorist." I doubt we'll ever know the truth.

But, Zaurinni, I think it is safe to say that ZZ lost it because he was provoked, and whatever the provocation was, it was bad enough to cause him to snap at the worse possible time. And, yes, his repuation gives him the benefit of the doubt.

Again, I'm having trouble with the use of the word "victim" in this case. Steve Moore was a victim, Materazzi pretty clearly asked for it.

Besides, he got what he wanted: ZZ red carded. He's no victim.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper said:
If not, why is Materazzi being investigated?

He's Italian, and like every other Italian soccer player right now, should be investigated. End of story.

So yes Zaurini you cannot take his word. Who would believe him at this time with what is going on with Italian soccer right now.

;)

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
this is too funny. If it were the other way around and Zizou said somethin to Matterazzi and he turned and head butted Zidane, everybody here would defend Zidane and go after the "wops"

I guess everyone hate success...

I mean two goals allowed all tournament, one own goal and one PK...this is a sign of a team that does not deserve to be the champions.

Take it for what it is, he SAID something to him. He didnt elbow him, trip him, punch him, or headbutt him...he said something to him. This is cause for dismissal???

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda said:
He's Italian, and like every other Italian soccer player right now, should be investigated. End of story.

Every Italian player investigated for what? being the World Champions? No need to bring the scandal into this. Every ****ing day during the WC Im sure the players heard about this scandal and they shoved it in everybodys face, by being the best team on the planet. Accept the fact that Italy won the World Cup and are World Champions, it might be tough to but try, please for me! :D

Yoda you desrve a headbutt for that comment right square in the chest! Zizu are you around...

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga, I agree with Yoda, but I'd even go one step further. Investigate every single, living, breathing, green-white-and-red blooded Italian. World wide.

And when that's done, move on to the Greeks; because, as we all know from last summer, they're all corupt.

By the way, I've tried to accept the fact that Italy are World Cup Champions. You're right: it is tough, and I just can't do it.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0