Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Le Bout de Tête

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB said:
I've been calling Italians that my whole life.... :D

Here's one thing the Italians don't have, is that they have NEVER beaten Croatia in Soccer!!! :wa: :knvb: :bronco:

LOL!!!! :bronco: :bronco: :bronco:

Enjoy that....
I'll take the four world cups to not beating Croatia.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ZENYO said:
What game did you watch? Azzurri blew chunks, no doubt about it. We didn't deserve a result, but that doesn't default the other team as "Taking it to them"

Even with the man advantage the Italians continued the same style of play, just waiting for a counter attack. Also let's not forget Nestas handball in the box that went uncalled in the 2nd half.

You Italians constantly go on stating that Italy is the greatest football nation, I will never agree and believe they are far from it. Their style of play is brutal, all they ever do is whine and complain that they are constantly being "cheated" and as far as world cup championships go, winning 2 championships in 34 and 38 is almost meaningless considering the world cup didn't really take off until the 50s. In 1934 the previous champions and even favourites (Uruguay) boycotted the tournament, and also Italy faced accusations of biased officiating, with Benito Mussolini said to have influenced the choice of referees for Italy's matches. In 38 another two top nations boycotted Uruguay and Argentina

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freestyler keep talking to your blue in the face.

ITALIA IS WORLD CHAMPIONS that means they are the best in the World.

What dont you understand? You talk about all wrong they did in Germany playing a man up, is it their fault? Instead of talking the apparent dive for the peno v the Aussies (dont care what people say it was a clear peno) talk about the red Matterazzi got for tackling his own player? Did you forget about that?

HMMMM, I will stress this again, say as much as you want about Italy, my comeback will always be '2006 World Champions' and neither you or anybody else can take that away from them for another four years!

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
zenga said:
Italy, my comeback will always be '2006 World Champions' and neither you or anybody else can take that away from them for another four years!

Wrong there Zenga my boy, Sepp Blatter or whatever his name is. He can take it away. I'm sure they will find some evidence of match fixing!!! :p

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freestyler said:
You Italians constantly go on stating that Italy is the greatest football nation, I will never agree and believe they are far from it. Their style of play is brutal, all they ever do is whine and complain that they are constantly being "cheated" and as far as world cup championships go, winning 2 championships in 34 and 38 is almost meaningless considering the world cup didn't really take off until the 50s. In 1934 the previous champions and even favourites (Uruguay) boycotted the tournament, and also Italy faced accusations of biased officiating, with Benito Mussolini said to have influenced the choice of referees for Italy's matches. In 38 another two top nations boycotted Uruguay and Argentina

You've got to laugh when guys can't figure out when someone is taking the piss out of them. I really love the "matter-of-fact" defense of their point-of-view.:rolleyes: Buddy, the Itallians are taking the piss out of you and will do so for the next 4 years. You keep taking the bait. Awesome!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
zenga said:
HMMMM, I will stress this again, say as much as you want about Italy, my comeback will always be '2006 World Champions' and neither you or anybody else can take that away from them for another four years!
Ragazzo Sciocco. Is this what you learned in Saturday morning Italian school? Even in 20 years, Italy will still be 2006 World Champions. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

And you'll still need a haircut. ;)

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomesy posted in the Ronaldo is still a diver thread...

Sportnet.ca ~ It would be like soccer fans in France blaming Materazzi's chest instead of Zidane's temper for losing in the World Cup final.

Still shocked at the fact that Zidane snapped at Materazzi using 'your mamma so fat' jokes.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
Still shocked at the fact that Zidane snapped at Materazzi using 'your mamma so fat' jokes.

Apparently they weren't "mamma' jokes. Materazzi even said he'd never insult one's mother. And I, for one, believe him:D

Seriously, does Materazzi have any credibility left after saying in the beginning, he'd not said anything at all, and then less than 48hrs later admitted to. Oh, and the other good quote from him- "I'm not even sure what a terrorist is".. How could anyone not believe that?

My own view on this is that, of all the things that "MAY" have been said to Zidane, only one would justify what he (ZZ) did. And that would be anything at all to do with his mothers illness. Anything else, and I'd say ZZ let his team down. We may have to wait for the book to come out to know exactly. Materazzi's wrong either way.
I don't know where it started or why people use their mouths so much these days in football. It's probably more commonly used by people whose feet can't speak for them.

vratar

Jan 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cant beleive some people around here are still bitter about Italia being world champs. They had the best GK in the tournament and the best sweeper. When on occassion Canavaro was unable to save them with his stellar wc06 performance Buffon was there to shut the opposing team down. Plain and simple these two were stellar the whole tourny and were probably the main reason Italia won. I agree Italia wasnt too flashy with their offense like in past wc's but they get the job done with their defensive ability and last time I checked defense was part of the game. I am not comparing Buffon to Zoff but when its about keepers Italia produces the worlds finest.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector Blake said:
My own view on this is that, of all the things that "MAY" have been said to Zidane, only one would justify what he (ZZ) did. And that would be anything at all to do with his mothers illness.
Zidane's mother is sick? That should be investigated.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Materazzi gives evidence to FIFA over Zidane
ZURICH, July 14 (Reuters) - Marco Materazzi on Friday gave FIFA his version of the incident that saw French captain Zinedine Zidane sent off for a head butt on the Italy defender in the World Cup final last weekend.

Materazzi, who helped Italy win Sunday's final in Berlin on penalties, attended a hastily rearranged morning hearing of FIFA's disciplinary committee at the soccer world body's Zurich hilltop headquarters.

The hearing was hastily convened so the well-dressed Materazzi, who left near midday without speaking to a large crowd of journalists and photographers, did not have to interrupt a holiday next week.

FIFA spokesman Andreas Herren said FIFA were, however, sticking with their original date of July 20 for an announcement of the committee's findings.

Herren did not comment on the hearing or what sanction, if any, Materazzi might face.

FIFA had begun proceedings against Materazzi on Thursday, saying that both he and Zidane had been summoned to appear before the disciplinary committee next Thursday.

They had said Zidane would be given the right to be heard by means of a written statement, which had to be submitted by July 18. Materazzi would then be sent a copy of the statement to allow him to respond.
"Did not!"
"Did too!"

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts