Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Knights Cup 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
aswell as cup play there should be a playoff format. like div 2 top 4 teams advance from each division with the best four teams getting byes. the bottom eight play then move on. but by doing that the league play would have to be shorting bye 2 to 4 games. But it would be great to have a division champion. the final games of the season would be more exciting.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Playoffs are very Canadian,,Finnish at the top to move on,,be strong all year to move on..I use to think playoffs were the way to go too,,but I have changed my mind a few years ago because if you have playoffs then the league standings are less important game in and game out. IT should be an honour to move up and a shame to move down,,And it all boils down to commitment. The way it is the more commited teams advance ,,not just who shows up for the playoffs.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
league winner still moves up.
you come in first your promoted
by it adds a little more when can cross dividions and see who the best team is in each complete division.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
league winner still moves up.
you come in first your promoted
by it adds a little more when can cross dividions and see who the best team is in each complete division.

That's why I like the Euro style. League to decide who moves up/down, cup to decide who's the best since we don't get to play any D3/other D2 groups, although I can't see a D3 team winning the cup.

rookie7

Nov 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
i thought we had play offs like that
* my bad first year in fraser valley*
we had that in u21 it was awesome rind out who really in the best in all groups

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
not really.some division 3 teams can luck out.

you could a shite team all season then go on a hot streak with.
or the high ranked can match up against just as high a ranked team and loss making it easier for another.
i would like playoff format make more games worth something.
like say your in fourth in a tough division and you have no chance of winning your league but you with playoffs you could have some games on importance at the end of the season except for just playing out the season.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's why I like the Euro style. League to decide who moves up/down, cup to decide who's the best since we don't get to play any D3/other D2 groups, although I can't see a D3 team winning the cup.

I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. Like Westcoast said, it all depends on the draw and the teams you end up playing. It may very well be the top 2 teams in D2 playing every week against each other, while bottom feeder teams play and continue to move on.

Obviously, eventually these weaker teams will have to play a stronger team somewhere down the line, but in a one game match showdown, anything can happen. Some players injured, don't show up, the weaker team gets up for the match while the stronger team takes them too lightly, who knows?

I strongly believe that us Nomads and ghouse's ACBC can give any Div.2 team a run for their money. Lets just wait and see.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. Like Westcoast said, it all depends on the draw and the teams you end up playing. It may very well be the top 2 teams in D2 playing every week against each other, while bottom feeder teams play and continue to move on.

Obviously, eventually these weaker teams will have to play a stronger team somewhere down the line, but in a one game match showdown, anything can happen. Some players injured, don't show up, the weaker team gets up for the match while the stronger team takes them too lightly, who knows?

I strongly believe that us Nomads and ghouse's ACBC can give any Div.2 team a run for their money. Lets just wait and see.

ACBC will be depleted come cup play and Nomads couldn't beat Whalley, PCNC or Rams point blank:D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC will be depleted come cup play and Nomads couldn't beat Whalley, PCNC or Rams point blank:D

Wrong, Wrong, and wrong.
The Nomads have never truly played Whalley. Our Pre-Season team that played them has turned over at least 8 guys since then. And there are 4 guys that played the Rams/Phoenix/Tigers/Pumas in the Knights League.

We are a new team, new nucleus, new keeper.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wrong, Wrong, and wrong.
The Nomads have never truly played Whalley. Our Pre-Season team that played them has turned over at least 8 guys since then. And there are 4 guys that played the Rams/Phoenix/Tigers/Pumas in the Knights League.

My point is you WON'T beat us, Whalley, PCNC....POINT BLANK!

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wrong, Wrong, and wrong.

To be fair you didn't see about 6 of our guys either, most of which was our D. Until we play again it doesn't really matter though. You guys are going to get promoted and hopefully us to, but if not it'd be great to be in the same group next year if we don't meet in cup.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
@ Franchise: No, nobody wants to get hurt. We play these games to stay fit (as fit as you can around the 'holidays') (Kevin Hector knows what I'm talking about, round is still a shape ;) )Also, our team wants to play some higher calibre teams than the teams in our group so we can get primed for the Cup.

@ Stall: Of course, everyone's team has changed somewhat. I'd love to have you guys come to play us during the break as well... I am trying to sort out the dates We Nomads can host friendlies over the break this week....I should be close to getting some dates and times soonish, I will be in touch with your coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0