Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Joe Thornton

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They showed him last night on one of the goals against and he was just floating not even marking his man. I would have to agree that he's not a true Canadian captain and he wouldn't make my team especially for playoffs and the money he gets paid.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weinrich was drafted by the Devils that was traded to the Nucks, but The Blues is who traded him.

(Thanks hockeydb.com) ;)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
And I made a mistake above...Zajac is actually Canadian. he is from Winnipeg, played for the Salmon Arm Silverbacks and was drafted from the BCHL, then went to University. Again, thanks hockeydb.com ;)

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where would Burrows fit in?

:D

I think he makes the team. He'll be the 2010 version of Rob Zamuner.

Weinrich is not the man... I'll give you a hint...when he was first interviewed by Sokalski (I think), he kept saying how it was always a dream of his to play for the Canooks.

Also played for Edmonton and maybe (if memory serves me correctly) Montreal.

PS Help me out because his name is on the tip of my tongue and I cannot recall it either!!

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burrows doesn't fit it.

zamuner was on a team that didn't win (Remember Crow left Gretz on the bench for the shoot out) ;)

Burrows will be behind a lot of guys to get on this team... Lot of guys.

He'll have to score 40 to get a sniff.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't deny Burrows is making a STRONG case to replace someone like St. Louis.

As for Joe...I have to agree that he's underperformed. Needs to show he can step-up before being added to the Olympic squad...especially in Canada, where the spotlight is hot.

Crosby and Vinny Lecavalier are 1A and B for me. Crosby doesn't have the same size, but he oozes leadership and intangeables. No doubt, the kid is a winner.

Edit: I bet Burrows will be on pace for 40 when the decision time comes. Looks at his time w/ the Sedins and pro-rate that. Again...the kid keeps proving everyone wrong, and he steps up when the spotlight is the hotest.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burrows doesn't fit it.

zamuner was on a team that didn't win (Remember Crow left Gretz on the bench for the shoot out) ;)

Burrows will be behind a lot of guys to get on this team... Lot of guys.

He'll have to score 40 to get a sniff.

We got shafted in Nagano. If it weren't for Hasek that gold was ours. And the bronze medal loss means nothing.

If he ever gets PP time, then 40 goals might be a possibility. Considering he didn't have one PP point this year shows how underrated he is.

There isn't one place or time you cannot use him and you'll never have to question his effort.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't deny Burrows is making a STRONG case to replace someone like St. Louis.

As for Joe...I have to agree that he's underperformed. Needs to show he can step-up before being added to the Olympic squad...especially in Canada, where the spotlight is hot.

Crosby and Vinny Lecavalier are 1A and B for me. Crosby doesn't have the same size, but he oozes leadership and intangeables. No doubt, the kid is a winner.

Edit: I bet Burrows will be on pace for 40 when the decision time comes. Looks at his time w/ the Sedins and pro-rate that. Again...the kid keeps proving everyone wrong, and he steps up when the spotlight is the hotest.
The stats on Burrows don't lie. He is turning into an absolute gem if he wasn't one before. He has developed himself into a top 6 forward on pretty much ANY nhl team, this is good from a guy never drafted and had to work himself to get a tryout ECHL deal, then an AHL Try out deal and play his way onto the 'Nucks.

A major hinderance could be if the Nucks sign a Cammaleri or Hossa this off season, thus plucking Burrows spot with the Twins...perhaps...

I still cannot see Lil ol' Vancouver sending anyone but Lu to this team, although Bieksa was getting attention from the Bob McKenzie and pierre mcGuires of the world, Burrows will get that Attn now..

He is also the type of guy you could put on a line with Richards and morrow to check the other teams top line into the Ice...

Dude, you may have talked me into beliving afterall ;)

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Jersey Devils Draft History at hockeydb.com

here is the Devil's draft history... Only guys that I could think of was Morrison, Crowder, Pedersen, Jokela, and other notables drafted by the Devils were McLean and Adams who were flipped for Sundstrom.

P.S.: You can't claim something as a trivia question if you don't know the answer ;)

Thanks for that site. At first I could not see him and was going nuts trying to remember his name. He is definitely on that list.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has he played a game for the Canucks?!

Yep. A true NHL journeyman. He may have been a waiver wire pick up though. Trying to recall who he was traded for.

Just to add to this...looks like it was a 3 way deal with Hartford that involved Jeff Brown and Frank Kucera.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would start Brodeur with Loungo as his backup. Brodeur is money...PERIOD! He's still the best in my eyes and Lou has to win something with the canucks before I'd give him a chance to go ahead of Brodeur.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy. I couldn't see him either! Jim Dowd. :wa:

1995-Dec-19 Traded from Hartford Whalers with Frantisek Kucera and round 2 pick in the 1997 draft (Ryan Bonni) to Vancouver Canucks for Jeff Brown and round 3 pick in the 1998 draft (Paul Manning)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can be very persuasive.

Seriously, though...I think the development of Burrows into a 1st line fit w/ the twins will change the way Gillis goes about things this summer. Will Sundin be back? If he is, gotta be at a discount, like Ray Bourque. If not, they know they need that big 2nd line center...or perhaps they feel Kesler can carry the load, and add in a Hossa / Cammaleri there. One thing you can't replace w/ Sundin is the size and ability to keep the puck...though he hasn't shown it often enough.

Anyhow...back on topic: Boo Thorton.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think most people and critics/pundits/so-called-experts were giving "Big Joe" this playoffs to prove everyone wrong and he has failed miserably, along with Nabokov and Marleau again.

Even adding Dan Boyle, who is a cup winner, didn't help.

I think it is safe to say that we can hang that on Thornton fairly, the results bare it out.

He will have to pack that team up on his back and almost singlehandedly take this team to the promised land to change the perception/reality.

or Maybe he just likes Golf? ;) :D

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can be very persuasive.
One thing you can't replace w/ Sundin is the size and ability to keep the puck...though he hasn't shown it often enough.

Anyhow...back on topic: Boo Thorton.

Another thing you can't replace is the ghost of Kesler the last two games without Sundin.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0