Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

International and Local Darts Championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

el_nino

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Obviously we were not invited to this UNSANCTIONED match.

I am sure Yannina looked the same, but did she feel the same?

Are these a bunch of teachers you are beating up on?
Bring them on.

elninowhospeaksforallDCSmembersnotinvited

Home Brew

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
confusion

sidewinder wants to know why thereare 2 fcuking threads?it makes it hard for a simple dart thrower to know where to post.b.t.w. willl there be a warm up session monday nite in preperation for the big show on wednesday?rankings should be up soon.s/w

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fcuk is this post long!

Yes, as the X mentioned, I put what's left of my tax cut to good use and bought some arrows (cheap ones). Once I get my big fat raise I might be able to buy a board to put Campbell's picture on if I don't eat for a while.
Seriously, I am worried about losing the psychological edge over Double In who doesn't adjust well to sharsies.

Welcome also to One Dart and the Power, although I might have chosen Dumb and Dumber... The twin towers were in pretty good form last night, espectially O.D., who shattered my confidence by breaking two of my new arrows. I think the final tally was something like this:

EX 4-0
o.d. 1-4
Hurricane 1-0
Scud 2-3
Flower 3-2

We also played some highly unsanctioned matches after the hockey game at the Landing in Ladner. Not only are the height and distance questionable, the south board is blocked by two large planters. Some good young talent, though. Fight the Power took out Dart breaker before succumbing to big brother Scud.

Total Package, if my bros stay around, your marathon match record could be in jeopardy...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sidewinder

There is actually three threads. One for the Rankings one for Practise tips, hints and anything else's pertaining to "practise". Then there is this one. Which should be used to report all International matches and news as well as D.C.S matches plus as a added bonus it can be used to generally bash any of it's members related or not. (see Scuds post above)

I may be interested in a Monday Night warm up. If the Executioners predictions holds true I will want to be in fine form come Wednesday.

Yours destined for greatness, Double In

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SideWinder you should relax mate. I got all 6 of your PM's and have read your post plus I got the follow up call from my parents wondering who's the old English guy is(I know they don't) who knows who I am but can't distinguish between Tom and Dave.....:rolleyes:

Good laugh at the Buck tonight. Sidewinder must be getting desperate for wins he was trying to finish at the 7'6" line ....tsk...tsk. It couldn't have been worth it for the 5 other thrashings you took. plus the ones the Captain's going to give you on here for weeks to come.

I Beat the Executioner twice tonight, but to his credit he was using new flights. They didn't really seem to effect his throw when he left me with 314 still on the board...:eek:

I look forward to meeting the Scud brothers on Wednesday they seem more like the Three Stooges than brothers though..

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Open for debate.......

On the eve of the 2002 Irish Masters the debate over whether darts should be officially recognised as a sport has been re-ignited - appropriately enough in the Northern Ireland Assembly.
During a parliamentary session this week at Stormont, Minister for Arts, Leisure and Culture Michael McGimpsey announced:

"Darts is not a activity the Sports Council want to recognise formally. It is not recognised as a sport because there is insufficient physical activity involved."

His remarks immediately incurred the wrath of Alliance party member Seamus Close, (and more than a few darts players and fans), who responded:

"To quote a famous sportsman, 'You cannot be serious!'

"The sports council defines sport as a 'physical activity'. Darts relates to the body as it involves a throwing action and throwing is a physical activity."

Mr McGimpsey replied:

"I appreciate what you are saying but this is a matter for the Sports Councils of Northern Ireland, England and Wales. At this time they have chosen not to recognise darts as a sport."

Although the fact that darts has prompted such vigorous discussion at the highest level is useful, it remains the case, that time and time again darts is dismissed as a true sport.

There is no doubting the validity of Mr Close's argument, that darts is a sport, no matter how you choose to define the term. It is a sport simply because those who play darts treat it as such, and because it involves so many of the skills common to other activities that have been 'granted' official sporting status.

Darts continues to suffer from prejudices formulated twenty years ago and which fail to take into account the dedication of the current professionals and the infrastructure of the sport at present.

With both the PDC and the BDO introducing new tournaments, with increased television coverage, darts is firmly establishing itself as a sport played and watched by millions.

There have been countless campaigns to have darts officially recognised by sports councils in the UK and countless times they have come up empty handed, because prejudices are tough to break down.

However, if the sport continues to progress as it has in the past few years, with increased sponsorship and media interest, perhaps the powers that be will see sense and give darts the support and respect it deserves.

What are your thoughts on the 'Is Darts a Sport Debate' ? Email the editor at darts@planetfootball.com and we'll post some of them on the website.

Of course, it is a fcuking sport. Have a look at some of the athletes who play. Nothing short of spectacular.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get use to this, lads.......

Once I get used to my new Shamrock flights(I think is really strange that my fellow competitors keep buying me new flights), the D.C.S. will have to get used to this......

ONE HUNDRED AND EEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHTTTTTYYYYYY

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Before going to bed(I'vebeenup18hrsnow)

Sidewinder,

Here is a new invention for you and your sons. It is called the Dartmate. It allows you to move as close as you want, especially when trying to finish a match. It does look like a great idea, and I can see me having one of these by July.

Dartmate is the new, revolutionary, and long awaited mobile Dartboard Stand.

Dartmate is the new, revolutionary, and long awaited mobile Dartboard Stand.

Idealy suited to home use with a wide range of accessories, the high quality construction and ease of assembly makes Dartmate a must for anyone who enjoys playing the game.

Darts professionals from around the world have greeted the Dartmate with great enthusiasm wherever it has been demonstrated.
A few minutes to assemble and you're ready to play darts!

Home Brew

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
proximity whining.

Hard to believe that top ranked players can whine so much. Do fat old men like Sidewinder and El Nino whine about the 6feet 2 inch Double In and his enormous reach? No! Do we whine about the Executioners proximity to the Buck? No! Hell Sidewinder possibly accidently sticks his toe just over the oche line and all hell breaks loose. He was just going in for the kill.[like his Zulu ancestors going in for the kill of a wild beest].Perhaps we should be like Wimbledon tennis and install a Cyclops and have Dana,Yanina and all the other employees acting as line judges.an important win for the sidewinder![like an offsidegoal,if the referee didnt see it ,the goal counts.]Hoping to meet the btothers scud on wednesday if i am not too late. Sidewinder.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the brothers scud?

It would be appreciated by at least this brother if he were no longer referred to as merely the brother of scud. While it is an easy way to categorize us you aren't the ones who must listen to scud on a somewhat daily basis. There are times when his windblowing becomes too much to bear, limiting his ego, I believe would be best for all. We should be there around 10 as I must work, sport chek lansdowne. Look forward to meeting the rest of the dcs team.;)

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Busy week on the DCS

Should be a good night Wednesday. (Note use of capital, OD)

Double In, could you send me a copy of that picture? We haven't had a family portrait look that good in a long time.

Captain, re
ONE HUNDRED AND EEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHTTTTTYYYYYY

A few "rival hypotheses."

1.There are no numbers visible on that board. Could it be the 3 upside down? (TWWWWEEEENNTYYY SSSEEEEVVVEEENNN!!!)

2. We don't see the thrower. It could be a Sidewinder-type player sneaking to 7'6" or closer, obviously mistaking the board for a wounded wildebeest.

3. If you slow the footage down enough, you can see fingers placing the arrows...

Sidewinder, allow me to second the motion about Yanina!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I look forward to seeing everyone just after nine. If the Total Package fails to show up, he is officially OUT of the rankings.

Scud,

You made some very good points in the above post, better than your average 3 dart score. :eek:

Time to go practice.

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
all apologies

Due to the fact that The Power had to wait an extra 25 minutes picking up One Dart from work, we were unable to attend tonight's matches. As much fun as it would have been to see Scud flail his new arrows against different competition, it wasn't meant to be. Hopefully the X will not look upon the absence too harshly.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never mind the X

The rest of the D.C.S. were not pleased, AT ALL. I will leave it up to them to have a dig at ONE BAIL and the PowerLESS. On to the evening......

The Executioner's soccer match that he was coaching went into fcuking penalties(we lost) and I didn't arrive at the Buck until around 10:20. This strategy must have worked, as I caught 4 tired players at the end of a grueling evening. No distraction by big nuggets helped my game rise today, instead of my Mickey Gilly. So the results were as follows:

Executioner 5 - 0 - including a double bull finish(first time ever)

Double In 7 - 3

Hurricane 3 - 3

El Nino 2 - 6

Sidewinder 3 - 4

Scud Missile 2 - 6

This might be wrong, so please help me if it is....

Executioner

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brothers of Scud. Very dodgey.

What's the deal boy's.? Was there a midnight madness sale on athletic supports? Don't tell me it was product training night. I know how screwed you'd be if you weren't up to date on the new spring line of women's sports bras.....:rolleyes:

Your just lucky your responsible brother showed and took your beating for you. Scuds $6.50 arrows were not exactly hot this evening. That long PQ road trip playing back to backs must have tired him out.

There's no way Executioner will lose his #1 status this week. I've all but locked up my #2 position with two wins over scud and sidewinder, a split with El Nino and two big poundings over my new punching bag light Drizzle (aka) Hurricane.

Hurricane you scoffed at my practise thread, you called it stupid and a waste of time. Now who's laughing #3.

I'm 6-1 life time vs. Yoko's husband and my streak does not look like it will end soon. Over all I played like crap tonight! I was taken to the limit by all, BUT it's all about the FINISH boys! It's aaalllll about the finish.

Maybe if your nice to me Hurricane I'll post my finishing practise drills on this Friday's practise session, but ONLY if your nice to me.

Now if you'll excuse me and my darts need to hit the hay. Move over wife we're coming to bed.

Double In

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That popular? (note the caps, syc)

I must take the heat for our unexcused absence on wednesday. I didn't get off work until late and due to some misinformation from scud regarding how late these gatherings go, decided to pull the shoot and head home rather than to the buc. I was pleased to see though, that my absence created somewhat of an uproar. Hopefully we'll be able to make it out next time (wednesday?) or shortly thereafter.

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
excused absence

All apologies. Due to the fact that I will be in the Library at UBC until about 11 tomorrow night, The Power regrets to inform other members that his Wednesday night debut will have to be pushed back at least another week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0