Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Indo Canadian Tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectator

Jun 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
At the akal one? I think so. I am pretty sure there will be.
punjabfc.png

competitor

Mar 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 down 3 to go

With two tournaments gone it's looks to be Akal that is once against dominating. It would have been nice to watch an Akal v Indo final . But we all know what happened there. Final was a bit boring to watch, but Akal did deserve the win after their bad luck last tourney.
Hopefully Indo can get things sorted out for the 4th and 5th.

I hope it wasn't the $50. that kept them from getting a minimum $ 500 or $1000. I would want their accountant to make the decisions for me. They should have won their group and would have beat Temple B guaranteed $500. for 2nd. Not a hard decision. I guess they decided to save the $50. for Sat. night.

Hope that gets sorted out without the penalty. But maybe You should send someone to the draws like evry other team.

Great tourney, great weather, great soccer.
I was a bit disappointed with the tournament MVP. It should have been someone from Akal. Kenny played well but their team had 8 goals against ( not great defence in my eyes.) Akal let in only 1 goal all tourney.Some forwards shut down, Adam,Pindu, Shami, Sneddon. Surinder Janda would have been my MVP.

I do agree with the committee to make a political selection of an import to keep them coming back and spreading the word.

Will Akal be allowing imports in their tourney. I believe it is in 2 weeks and the GN is 2 weeks after that.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spectator,

Please go to your profile and submit a "real" email address... the one you are using is a free one from another website. While I can't input all free email domains into the backend in order totally nullify their use, you knew that free ones were not to be used here as I told you when you asked why your hotmail email addy was banned (I'm 100% sure that was you).

I'm sure you'll have no problem understanding why I ask this of you since I explained it all in that email.

Cheers,

~Regs.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do you guys think these weekends would be better if we had a competitive and rec divisionsin the men's open, would more teams enter without the fear of meeting the top team's. I just say this because some people just want to kick the ball around and have fun without the pressure of going against the top team's.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
But maybe You should send someone to the draws like evry other team.

If we knew when the draws are or were we would send someone. Akal tournament? when were the draws? It seems as the groups are already selected...........so me thinks we weren't invited.

Sandman:rolleyes:

spectator

Jun 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
the schedual!

DAY 1
pool a
GN vs Shere Punjab 9 am k
temple FC vs. sufc 9 am n7
winner 1a vs loser 2a 1:30 pm n7
winner 2a vs loser 1a 1:30 pm n8
Pool B
Akal vs abby 10:30 n7
pfc vs khalsa 10:30 n8
winner 1b vs loser 2b 3 pm n7
Winner 2b vs loser 1a 3 pm n8
Pool C
sikh temple vs van u 9 am n8
gnsc vs loser C1 1:30 k
gnsc vs winner C1 6 n8

competitor

Mar 13, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akal tourney

Sandman, If you did not know when the draws were, did you ask anyone? Temple players know when they are, Share punjab and abbottsford know when they are. I don't think anyone phones teams to say will you come and play in our tournament. The people to talk to would be Lavi from Temple, Jas from Akal, And even this web site is a great source of information.
For the uninvited does anyone know who to contact for the GN tournament and also the Surrey tournament.
From the looks of it there is 11 teams in the Akal tourney. I'm sure if you ask nicely and pay any fines due they may add you into the group of 3.
You guys have to come down to earth as you are not above the rest of the teams and should be able to bend the rules.

Good luck.

spectator

Jun 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN DRAWS

we knew when the draws are or were we would send someone.
The draws for the GN tourny are at 5:00 pm on SUnday June 8th.
I think they are at the building behind the surrey gudwara, but dont quote me on it.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Competitor (whoever you are)

You really don't get it do you?

You guys have to come down to earth as you are not above the rest of the teams and should be able to bend the rules.

Who makes the rules?..............I'll answer that for you, a "self-elected" committee that one day decided to take things into their own hands and decide for EVERYONE in the Indo Canadian community that they know what is best. No consultation, no nothing. If they want to go about it the proper way, why not consult ALL the teams? Indo and Khalsa have achieved and done more for indo soccer than any other clubs......and we weren't even consulted. Once again our community is having a problem getting it through their heads that the summer should be a time to encourage people and teams to play. Instead of restricting them. Fines, and more beauracracy is not the answer.

Please answer this.......having looked up the charter for BC Soccer, it is actaully incorrect to insist a transfer when their IS NO INTITIAL REGISTRATION PROCESS.

Second, is it in good faith to collect money for a Memorial tournament? Where do these funds go? This is by no means a slag to Sikh Temple and their committee, because they were in a tough situation via the "rules" None of this crap would have happened over the weekend if the "self-initiated" committee had encouraged as many people and teams to play rather than restrict.

Don't get me wrong there is DEFINITELY a place for the tournaments in the summer. After all we (indo) have been playing in them for the last 15-20 years (since we were u-10) and I assure you they were an important part in our development. Let me remind you, rules/by-laws etc were at a minimum during that time. Soccer in our community has A LOT going for it. GN has the best nucleus of kids under 25, Sikh Temple could easily be a premier division side next year, Akal's youth system is excellent. We have a kid playing NCAA Div 1 soccer at an Ivy League school. We've had and have players capped for Canada. We've had players play for the 86ers, and Whitecaps. For the first time EVER we have two indian teams in the best amateur division in Canada.....let everyone play in the summer without such restrictive rules.

I'm sure if you ask nicely and pay any fines due they may add you into the group of 3.
That's actually funny...........no fines will be paid.

My two cents,
Sandman:rolleyes:

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman

We where all there when the as you call it the "self-elected" committee decided that you lost the game on protest that the transfer papers where not produced. Ok now tell me did the committee ask prit a week earlier for the paper work and again on the morning of the game, i think his answer was "stick it up you ar**.
Indo are a very big part of the indian soccer world in bc, but is that the way to act when asked to comply with the rules. Love it our hate it this tournament is still ran by the same people that started it year's ago, the time and effort and money these cost are unreal. I don't think there as ever been a profit from these tournament's, a lot of money has been put in from people like dhatt , kam and everyone else to many to mention to keep the memory of harjit going.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whistle Blower,

Please let me clarify....I am not singling out the The Harj Brar Tournament Committee...they do a great a job......The "self-elected" committee I am talking about is the mock/phantom group that governs all tournaments in the summer

Just clarifying
Sandman

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
give your head a shake son

Sandman, actually that mock self elected commitee, is made up of some of the same Harj Brar committee members, not to mention others representing the other major clubs. The people in the committee, are the ones that actually hold tournaments for their respected clubs. That group when it started was open to all, they had 2 people from all the clubs then, 2 people representing the committees of the surrey and ross street gurdwara's. Before you judge that group, you should take into account what they actually do, I dont see yourself or any Khalsa guys trying to do anything in the summer to help these tournaments.

I was also wondering, with this $500 fine needing to be paid by Indo, what would stop them to become endo for the next tourney, to bypass that fine.:wa:

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kokanee,

Before you judge that group, you should take into account what they actually do

Besides collecting fees, please enlighten me on what they actually do...over and above what was already done in the past?

Thanks,
Sandman

PS: this is actually a lose-lose situation for us here. All I want to say is that if we/I were invited to give some constructive input to make things better we/I would. The fact that we do not enter every tournament every two weeks should not blacklist us.

That's it! no more on this topic from me

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My take

I was very disappointed to hear Indo being disqualified. These transfer rules are a good thing but this registration process (paperwork for transfer is crap). I agree with Sandman that if you want paperwork for transfers then have paperwork initiallly. Why don't we use ID cards since it is so important!!!!!!!!!!!! These tournaments are suppose to be fun. Why is there money required for transferring? Having said that rules are rules and if they are in place then I guess you have to abide by them whether you agree or disagree.

As for you guys saying that Indo or Khalsa are not doing anything....what do you want them to do. Start another tournament!!!!!!

Everyone says Khalsa and Indo should do something. Could someone please tell me what they should do.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Organizing a tournament these days takes alot of time and effort, especially when you take into account that there are more than 150 teams entered from u8 and up. lining fields, scheduling games, etc...... is hard work. some tournament games are played one week ahead because of the number of teams.

Sandman---- are you guys going to be paying the fine to play in the upcoming tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts