Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2011....

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro Ford 2
West Van 0

Imperial Cup Semi Finals:
South Memorial Turf
12:00 Surrey Firefighters vs. Hurricanes
2:00 Metro Ford vs ICST Peg

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to the 4 teams who have qualified for Provincials by making the semi-finals in the Imperial Cup. Well done. Practice pays dividends at this time of year.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
MF 2- WV 0. Probably our best game in a while. We were all over them in the first but couldn't finish. Alfredo should have had one for them but hit the post. Second half was much of the same with us having chances that we couldn't convert on. They got a breakaway off a steal with 15 to go and Ian slotted it home. I got a piece but not enough. They got their second with minimal time left on a giveaway and Alfredo chipped me as i was pushing at the top of the eighteen.
I think everyone there knows that they stole one today but i think we beat ourselves by not finishing our chances. I think Rene could have given us a pk late but that didn't happen.
Good luck to MF and the other three teams left and congrats to those teams who also qualified for the Bc's by getting into the semi's. On to probably the Serbs next week.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 1- SU 2 pks (4-2)

Gutsy effort by Sapp who tied it in the last minute off a long throw-in that eventually made its way to the back post. Jeff Rogers got on the end of it. SU was frustrated throughout the 2nd half for not putting Sapp away early and offensive imagination dried up. But, SU went up in the 65th min by a beautiful passing play and cross and they thought they were on cruise control. But with the wind, Sapp battled and created havoc for SU in the final 10 minutes.
SU didn't want to be there in OT and I really thought Sapp was going to win it, as they came close off a barrage of long throws and crosses that SU struggled to defend.

In PKs, Sheps was excellent and SU spotters were spectacular as it wasn't close.

Side Note:
A few teams from the VMSL should apply to play in the USL, because the ex-Caps I saw with SU were not even in the top 5 players on the park.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A few teams from the VMSL should apply to play in the USL, because the ex-Caps I saw with SU were not even in the top 5 players on the park.
Your team is being relegated and SU has won the league and is the favourite to win the Imperial.

Good thing people don't get judged on one post here on TTP.

:)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aside from your parting shot; even though Sapp is not relegated, it's irrelevant where Sapp or even SU stand in the league. On that field on Sat, there were 20 out players on the pitch, and at least 5 players better than the ex-Caps. I didn't Sapp players, Regs. But now that you ask, there was at least 1 Sapp player.

The bottom line is other teams really shouldn't be scared on SU's "named" players - fear the rest!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are judging players on one game, a game against bottom feeders in an amateur league.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess someone didn't like the idea of playing the semi's back-to-back on the same park in Vancouver.

SEMI-FINALS--SUNDAY MARCH 20, 2011

Surrey United Firefighters v. Punjab Hurricanes
Cloverdale Athletic - Sun/ TBA

Metro-Ford Wolves ‘A’ v. ICST Pegasus ‘A’
Coquitlam Town Centre West - Sun/ 5.00pm

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess someone didn't like the idea of playing the semi's back-to-back on the same park in Vancouver.

SEMI-FINALS--SUNDAY MARCH 20, 2011

Surrey United Firefighters v. Punjab Hurricanes
Cloverdale Athletic - Sun/ TBA

Metro-Ford Wolves ‘A’ v. ICST Pegasus ‘A’
Coquitlam Town Centre West - Sun/ 5.00pm

WTF?

Diabolical.

Once again, somebody dropped the ball at the vmsl.

Outdone by the fvsl once again.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Because the young bucks are pussies and listen to their coaches/managers put in TTP bans :rolleyes:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?

Diabolical.

To be fair, I bet this may have to do with field availability and the league not scheduling anything on Saturday.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be fair, I bet this may have to do with field availability and the league not scheduling anything on Saturday.

No I don't think so Regs. We were told initially that the semis would be played at 12pm and 2pm at Memorial Turf. If you look at the vmsl schedule for this week, those same fields are still being used by other teams in the league. I believe what has happened here is the designated home teams in the semi finals have expressed a want to play this game at their home field and the vmsl has accommodated that request. Who knows, maybe just one of the home teams demanded to play at home, leaving the other home team no reason to play at Memorial.

At the end of the day, it's just a minor detail...but it would have been nice to play the games back to back at the same park.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?

Diabolical.

On the other hand, the VMSL managed to schedule all games this weekend for Friday/Sunday, thus avoiding conflict with the Whitecaps season opener. The FVSL meanwhile has a handful of games scheduled on Saturday.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0