Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2009

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain do you have any details. Did inter score four and then Serbia got one, or was the one mixed in somehow?

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbia 1 - Inter 4

Inter came out on fire scoring two goals in the first 10 mins, we then settled down and start to play better scoring halfway through the half and then having another chance ring off the crossbar.... Inter then scored two goals with 10 mins left in the game to make it 4-1. Inter was looking good on the day and have tons of players on the bench... they look ready to make a run in the imperial.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
IMP GAME 5
Norvan Eagles vs. Cliff Avenue FC
3-0

IMP GAME 8
Metro-Ford Wolves “A” vs. Punjab Hurricanes “A”
4-0

IMP GAME 9
ICST Pegasus vs. Surrey United “A”
2-5

IMP GAME 11
RCIU Legends vs. AKAL FC
2-0

All 4 games vs. 1st Div. teams, all not close, some even blow-outs. Show the difference between the two leagues, VMSL needs Div. 1 to be one group of 10 or 12, would make a huge difference in the quality of players between the two leagues, now I see why no div. 1 team wants to enter the Imperial Cup, they have no chance.

hos

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
IMP GAME 5
3-0

IMP GAME 8
4-0

IMP GAME 9
2-5

IMP GAME 11
RCIU Legends vs. AKAL FC
2-0

All 4 games vs. 1st Div. teams, all not close, some even blow-outs. Show the difference between the two leagues, VMSL needs Div. 1 to be one group of 10 or 12, would make a huge difference in the quality of players between the two leagues, now I see why no div. 1 team wants to enter the Imperial Cup, they have no chance.

hos

When Westside were Div I two years ago, we had a very good run in the Imperial.....made it to the semis and qualified for Provincials. Just saying.....:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
IMP GAME 5
3-0

IMP GAME 8
4-0

IMP GAME 9
2-5

IMP GAME 11
RCIU Legends vs. AKAL FC
2-0

hos

Good stuff, HOS. What did you think of the 4 games?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Talking to some MF guys and they said it should have been 2-0 for the Hurricanes in the 1st half. Not only that, MF scored some absolute crackers.

As for the Peg-Surrey game, obviously you were not there, HOS.

Surrey 5 - Peg/Indo 2

It was a great game to watch - back and forth with numerous chances at either end. Gary questionable in the middle in the 1st half but very strong 2nd half of officiating. Indo with stronger possession overall, but they have 2 or 3 guys who are perenial 1st Div players that were exploited by Surrey.

Surrey go up 10 min in when Nial gets the jump off a quickly taken free kick and scores effortlessly on the breakaway. 2-0 5 min later off another defensive screwup/meltdown and Surrey is making it look easy after another semi-breakaway goal. Surrey miss another sitter after Lucas undresses a defender but shoots wide from 12 yards out. Indo turns it on and pressures Surrey all over the park. Surrey goes away from the direct ball and Indo get one back close in at the 25th min mark. Indo continues to press and have chances but get a gift PK call from Docks at the 35 min mark - 2-2. Docks then non-calls a PK for Surrey at the 40th min (almost exact same push in the back as the PK but way worse.) Half time and you start getting the feeling that Indo going to win.

2nd half sees Indo control the game and Surrey is on it's heels for a good 25 minutes. But Surrey gets a free kick which is crossed in, Nail heads it back to the middle of the goal mouth and it's hammered home. Indo continues to push and take it to Surrey but an uncharactersitic mistake by Costley (sp?) in the 85th min gives Surrey counter attack possession at Indo's 40 yard line. The guy blows by Costley and a defender and finishes beautifully from 16 out.
Late PK finishes it.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for the Peg-Surrey game, obviously you were not there, HOS.

No, I did not see one minute of any of these games, just looking at the results, and it sounds like all of these "Top" Div 1 teams controlled the games, but still found a way to lose by 2 or 3 goals, even your Sapps to a Mid table Norvan team.

So you guys are telling me there is no gap between the leagues, but Serbia are going back down after one year up, what will happen with Sap and Peg next year, if they don't pick up 3 or 4 starters?

hos

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who's saying that there is no gap? There is a gap, and with regards to the top Div 1 teams that usually comes from a few players who are not at the level of Premier and they are exploited.

You're right, all were at least 2 goal wins and obviously there is, was, and always will be a big difference between 1 and Prem. But you implied that all were blowouts. On the scoreboard, most were, but that's not what you were implying. If so, you were stating the obvious and went to great lengths to do so. Why? Only a moron with no depth would do so. But you're not a moron, and idiot yes, but moron no:D, so your post implied a massive difference if play or skill or dominance - not just the obvious score line.
But score alone will not show the game, many times, like last night, finishing quality. So perhaps a little more depth, hence a looksee, to make a more informed comment.
What's what I was responding to.

Indo & Sapp both know that both need to pick up a few, if not more, quality Premier players. Rob Reed, myself, and CS have all been there and know what it takes.

The most blatant for Indo is their defensive line. One player was at fault for the 1st 3 goals. Nial, who is 3 inches shorter, beat him in the air when he needed to. The game moved too fast for him and he was read like a book on the 2nd goal giveaway. If Indo had a Premier player at the centre back position, Indo wins this game.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
By the look of the scores, it seems as though the new Prem re-alignment is making that division much stronger. As HOS noted, Div.1 needs to do the same soon or it will keep on falling behind. Having said that, I believe the div.1 teams should play the imperial still or we would not know the quality of the two divisions.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good points made here..Premier Div is getting stronger, with many teams having 15 to 16 strong players. As such DIV 1 needs for next season, to move into same direction. WHATABOUTBOB mentioned it before, have a SELECT div, just belo Premier, with top 8 teams from DIV 1 plus, 2 teams coming down. That will make the games a lot more competitive.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is ICST Pegasus, not Indo.

Try to type that with one finger over and over again. I N D O is much easier.:D

Besides, last night the guys that stepped up their game and competed at the higher level were all from the Indo side of the merger - Throw in one Peg guy and Rob Hall and there you have it.
Seriously, after what I saw last night, I wonder who is going to make the ICST Pegasus Premier team next year. I think it'll get a little tense in the ex-Peg camp because a lot of those guys looked lost against Surrey.

Sumra will be getting pizza's delivered twice on Sat nights.:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB

Only the score ever matters, and they were all blowouts.

The score can appear to be a blowout but the game isn't necessarily that, as witnessed by RCIU's 2 - 0 win and SU's 5 - 2 win. I witnessed both of them so it's easy to say that.

When it comes to cup play, the score is the only thing that matters.....no doubt about it.

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB

I think that RUCI out played Akal for much of the match, but in order to get blown out, one team has to finish more of the chances that they created.... the score was 1-0 until the 80th min and the 2nd one came as Akal tried to push to get one. I will say the game was one sided, but Akal did make the bhoys work hard for the win.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think that RUCI out played Akal for much of the match, but in order to get blown out, one team has to have some finishers on their squad and be able to put a few more away.... the score was 1-0 until the 80th min and the 2nd one came as Akal tried to push to get one. I will say the game was one sided, but Akal did make the bhoys work hard for the win.

In the second half, I though Akal had us pinned in our end for longer periods, without creating any great chances......but there was always that possibility until the second goal.

defector

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB

At the end of the day, there is a gap, and if ICST, Sapp, Hurricanes, and Akal (the Jeckle version) could face the better competition in every game then that would make all teams better. But in the case of Akal the depth would still be lacking.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Try to type that with one finger over and over again. I N D O is much easier.:D

Besides, last night the guys that stepped up their game and competed at the higher level were all from the Indo side of the merger - Throw in one Peg guy and Rob Hall and there you have it.
Seriously, after what I saw last night, I wonder who is going to make the ICST Pegasus Premier team next year. I think it'll get a little tense in the ex-Peg camp because a lot of those guys looked lost against Surrey.

Sumra will be getting pizza's delivered twice on Sat nights.:D

WAB, you have done a terrific job of calling out players on our team and stirring the pot, all based on what you saw last night.

The reality is that it was a game that could have easily gone the other way and I'm sure Surrey United would agree, especially at halftime. Yes, we made far too many mistakes to get the job done but at this point nothing is accomplished by pointing fingers at individuals in a thread...or speculating about our training camp next year when our season just ended 15 or 16 hours ago.

By the way, this is probably the biggest difference between Div 1 and Premier...you can get away with making mistakes in Div 1, whereas you simply can't do that in Premier because you will get absolutely punished 9 times out of 10. As Captain says, teams will exploit your mistakes and weaknesses much more than at a lower level. We did not execute well in this regard.

Anyway, it is a very disappointing end to the season...but we had a great year and accomplished our main objective, which was to get promoted. Obviously, we need to make some adjustments heading into next season if we want to not only stay up but also compete at a high level in the Premier division. That is the natural evolution of a team.

Every player on our team should be extremely proud of what they achieved this season and, personally, I am looking forward to next year....when I will be ordering pizzas to WAB's house on sat nights :bronco:

Lastly, it was an absolute pleasure working this season with "the professor" Captain Shamrock, one of the best minds in the game (no I am not talking about the game of roulette, although...).

Best of luck to Surrey United and the rest of the teams that are moving on!!

We are......officially....

gone golfing....

in Vegas, mind you.

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0