Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup Imperial Cup 2003

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They don't play pretty, they don't play well,

So they have a lot in common with your squad? Unless of course, you have improved since the Indo game. :p

I hope the Firemen are able to keep their team together for the provincials because they are obviously the type of team that could beat any premier team on the day.......

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by knvb
Firemen 3 (could have been 5) Peg 0

Full marks to the men in strips. They don't play pretty, they don't play well, but it seems to work. As Cerebral pot said after the game, Peg looked old. ;)

I guess Peg shouldn't have chosen skins...:rolleyes: today was an example where pretty footballers lost out to power and speed. The peg back line were on their heels in the 2nd half.
Peg attempted to play a clinical short game , but the result was they rarely knocked a long ball and they had to work like fcuk to gain ground. They'll take 5 touches to advance the ball 20 yards and seem more willing to take on this challenge than to switch the ball and look for quick counters. So it seems they'll rarely sneak up on ya. They also finally figured out that their crosses should be low and away from the big keepah.
I heard they took it SU pretty good (power team?) so their style of play can obviously bring success as well...but they did look small out there and were manhandled a bit.
Enjoyed the game and the fence-line banter. :)

I just woke up to take a piss because wrestlemania whatever was blaring on my tv and I was dreamin of "the move."

whatisthemoveanyways?:D

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hope the Firemen are able to keep their team together for the provincials because they are obviously the type of team that could beat any premier team on the day.......

off topic, but firemen will not be able to keep their team together for provincials. will definitely be without franks, clarke, skinner and thompson. from what i saw, they had about 2 subs on the sideline so depth will be a major issue for them. still, the remaining lads will no doubt work very hard and cause some troubles for whomever they are up against in the provincials.

next weekend's final should be a good one. the pitch may dictate what type of game it is. not particularly looking forward to dealing with peter bergholz up front....fcukin workhorse never quits!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Full marks to Firemen on the day, they obviously wanted it more and deserved the result... the scoreline flattered us I thought, though if Doddy (or was it Jinky?) stuck that one in the first half, the outcome may have been different as I thought we were finally starting to get our legs in the first half.

Second half though was a completely different story :mad:

Can we regroup? We've got 3 weeks to find out I suppose... good thing we are in the weaker side of the BC draw :D

Good luck to both teams in the final at Kinsmen, should be a lot of interest in this one!

Cheers,

~Regswhodidn'tdothemovebecausehewouldhavetrippedoverhisownfeet :eek:

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
THE MOVE

Originally posted by Regs

~Regswhodidn'tdothemovebecausehewouldhavetrippedoverhisownfeet :eek:

Regs,

I'm sure I witnessed the move in the second half when Peter Berkholz crazy legged you....:D

Tough loss for you guys. First half was pretty even, but I'm not sure what was discussed at half time because that's when you lads packed it in. Doddy especially, was all over the field in the first half but didn't factor at all in the second. When you lose that dimension in the middle of the park it is going to hurt you. Having said that I think Danny Kerincic for the Firemen did a great job and ran his arse off all day.

Good luck in the BC's

We're going to need it we drew the Firemen in the first round.:eek:

Cheers

revolutionary

May 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
features

Who wrote the article on the four semi-finalists in the features page? Just spotted it today and thought it was great. Finally someone giving the Fireman some credit after so many people have dismissed our run.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't Need Luck, Just Thank the Caps

Originally posted by Crafty Cokcney

We're going to need it we drew the Firemen in the first round.:eek:

Not to take anything away from the Fireman team, but they are losing 3 or 4 guys to the Caps in April, so they may not have them in Provincial Cup.
This team will still be competitive, but I don't think they will have the same run that they have produced through the Imperial Cup.
They knocked off, Trollers, Khalsa, Burnaby, Peg, and probably Weakside. Not a bad list of Top Premier Teams to go through to get to the Final. They faced a lot tougher competition than Weakside, so full marks to them.

HOS

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They knocked off, Trollers, Khalsa, Burnaby, Peg, and probably Weakside. Not a bad list of Top Premier Teams to go through to get to the Final

All this and they didn't even get promoted. It goes to show you how much better the first division is. :p

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Good Quotes for Us when You Lose

Originally posted by cerebral smallsy
not gonna bite HOS...:p

Good idea smallsy, you guys are going into a match vs. One of the Hottest teams that is just on Fire after a 3-0 win.

Should be a great match at Kinsmen, I know the Slurrey vs. Peg game there was well attended to see "The Goal".

HOS

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
re: imperial postponed

So I guess we are all gonna go check out the GN - Rangers semi at John Oliver, should be a cracker:knvb:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Classic, indeed :rolleyes: So I guess the Imperial is next Saturday and the League final on Sunday... get you fitness in Westside! :D

Actually, I suppose they will play one of the games on the Easter weekend, but who knows...

Who's going to Hillcrest now for the WOP kickfest?

~Regs.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Postponed??

Guess I'll have to wait one more week until I throw this quote back at Regs...

You (FVSL) can't even get a team to win your own league cup
~Regs.

:eek: ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Everyone knows that Firemen are really good and should be in Premier anyways.

:eek:

:D

~Regs.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
i think we should play the imperial cup final next sunday at noon and just play the league cup final right after that....makes perfect sense:rolleyes:
i would suggest that firemen will be hoping that this game is played by next weekend or they will be losing a few "players"

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Who's going to Hillcrest now for the WOP kickfest?

~Regs.

Hopefully nobody.

The game is cancelled = no geegers(the real reason for coming to this game)

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
as predicted...

imperial cup final moved to sunday april 6th, 2:00pm at kinsman.
suprisingly they have opted not to play the league cup final on the same day. :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0