Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HPL Merger Rumour - Abby & Central City

Status
Not open for further replies.

krutov

Dec 14, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder how the training locations are going to be handled. As a parent of 2 Chilliwack soccer kids I have some interest in this not alot, but some. I know from being a coach in the club for 5 years that speaking with parents and the HPL on the girls side their was already concern with commuting to Langley for training. I now have a 10 year old boy that wil be eligible for year 3 of the league and am following the league for that reason. If it comes down to how many kids from each club make a certain team then they hold the training in the community then I would think that would pretty much discourage the families that I know from even entertaing the thought of HPL.

I would hope that training locations would be secured before player selections but that is my wish. We will see how it plays out I guess.

This can only be a good situation for the league as it looked pretty obvious on the results that Abby needed more support than Chilliwack and Aldergrove could provide.

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So much for my sources ( MTKB and Mr Elmes )! what the hell am I paying you for? ;)

Interesting repercussions in a few areas....

Attn; parents of kids on the Abbotsford U13 & U14G BCSPL teams......unless your daughter is a top 3 player......I'm not sure I would be very excited about this merger.

I just said all was quiet. That actually meant my contacts were avoiding me and that likely the rumour was true.....

And yes those girls teams will get completely over hauled IF the new players buy in. Told they will be addressing the CCB and SFC players starting today

soccerdad

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder how the training locations are going to be handled. As a parent of 2 Chilliwack soccer kids I have some interest in this not alot, but some. I know from being a coach in the club for 5 years that speaking with parents and the HPL on the girls side their was already concern with commuting to Langley for training. I now have a 10 year old boy that wil be eligible for year 3 of the league and am following the league for that reason. If it comes down to how many kids from each club make a certain team then they hold the training in the community then I would think that would pretty much discourage the families that I know from even entertaing the thought of HPL.

I would hope that training locations would be secured before player selections but that is my wish. We will see how it plays out I guess.

This can only be a good situation for the league as it looked pretty obvious on the results that Abby needed more support than Chilliwack and Aldergrove could provide.

Re the training locations; For sure, just ask the parents of the Islands U13G team how thats been working out.....

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
should make for an interesting discussion when the league BOG talks about it for the first time on Wednesday...

soccerdad

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just said all was quiet. That actually meant my contacts were avoiding me and that likely the rumour was true.....

And yes those girls teams will get completely over hauled IF the new players buy in. Told they will be addressing the CCB and SFC players starting today

I'd be interested in seeing how that is pitched....back in February HPL was "no good, not worth the money, don't send your kids to tryouts..." now, I quote "CCBFC strongly believes that providing an avenue of elite soccer for our homegrown talent is immensely important within club goals in accordance to CSA’s long term player development pathway. BCSPL and PDL will provide our club with a seamless transition of elite opportunities for players, coaches and members."

Hmmmm...has BCSPL changed that much since Feb? Tongue in cheek.

Kool_Beans

Jan 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So 6 months ago BCPL was crap, waste of money, no benefit, better off saving your money and playing metro, etc. NOW that they are affliated with a franchise its the best thing since sliced bread. Wow!!So is training now half NAP and half Abby or is Abby going to get slowly pushed aside? Have fun with that.

nocents

May 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So 6 months ago BCPL was crap, waste of money, no benefit, better off saving your money and playing metro, etc. NOW that they are affliated with a franchise its the best thing since sliced bread. Wow!!So is training now half NAP and half Abby or is Abby going to get slowly pushed aside? Have fun with that.

Ah, but now the right people are involved. Those that can truly develop our youth to 2022 world cup glory. Now it's value for dollar, before there was just no point.:p

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah, but now the right people are involved. Those that can truly develop our youth to 2022 world cup glory. Now it's value for dollar, before there was just no point.:p

Yes, everything is Zen now.

If only I could pry my way into the juggernaut of soccer. I would sleep so much better.

So now there is essentially another BCPL entity in the lower mainland corridor. I am sure Van Fusion, South Fraser and Surrey U are thrilled. Put on your suit of armour Brad Nicholl for Wednesday's Board of Governors meeting!

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
CCB was part of the North Fraser bid so how can folks claim CCB felt "BCPL isn't worth it..." when they wanted to be involved from day 1?

nocents

May 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
CCB was part of the North Fraser bid so how can folks claim CCB felt "BCPL isn't worth it..." when they wanted to be involved from day 1?

It's around day 93 that is being referred to; the day after North Fraser lost their bid.

Kool_Beans

Jan 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Exactly!!!!! When they lost the bid they no longer supported the BCPL and even discouraged their players from coming to other tryouts but now it's about "long term player developement".

parent

Mar 16, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting! Does this mean that Central City Breakers and Surrey FC have cleverly created a HPL/BCSPL franchise for their players and coaches to direct and control? As an outsider of Surrey, I wonder what is wrong with Surrey United and South Fraser FC?

So now there is essentially another BCPL entity in the lower mainland corridor. I am sure Van Fusion, South Fraser and Surrey U
are thrilled. Put on your suit of armour Brad Nicholl for Wednesday's Board of Governors meeting!

soccerdad

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting! Does this mean that Central City Breakers and Surrey FC have cleverly created a HPL/BCSPL franchise for their players and coaches to direct and control? As an outsider of Surrey, I wonder what is wrong with Surrey United and South Fraser FC?

So now there is essentially another BCPL entity in the lower mainland corridor. I am sure Van Fusion, South Fraser and Surrey U
are thrilled. Put on your suit of armour Brad Nicholl for Wednesday's Board of Governors meeting!

The simple answer is Yes they have.

What is wrong with SU and SF? If you have the Player First mentality? Absolutely nothing, they are both great.

However if you have an "advance the club first and preserve the positions of power first" mentality, then it really doesn't matter how good SU or SF are...it's not relevant.

Michele

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it Abby's intend that they will improve their HPL teams with players from both of these joining clubs, or that they improve their training facilities?

What I am not understanding is the players from both of these joining clubs chose not to player HPL up to now, or were not selected if they tried out for a team closer to home.

Abby need to answers several unanswered questions as to where will training be held, with players already on their rosters coming in from Chilliwack.

I wonder how much discussion or information sharing has gone on with their current membership?

Sep 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the girls side... what does this bring to Abby? or to CCB? to the Surrey/Delta soccer community?

The vast majority of the top U14/U15/U16 female players from Delta and Surrey are already playing BCSPL level with Surrey United, South Fraser, or Mountain. A few of those current players shouldn't be in BCSPL but at Metro, but not many that I've seen. I can't speak to the U17/U18 group as I don't know enough families in that age group. I don't think many at U14/U15/U16 will migrate to the CCB/Abby entity.

There are no doubt a few who are truly gifted with soccer skills playing at Metro for CCB or SFC who went Metro due the expense of BCSPL fees and/or real or perceived conflicts with school sports or other activities but they (the truly gifted) are not many. Will they now tryout for BCSPL for/at Abby just because their club has pronounced it to be so?

parent

Mar 16, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to two simple questions.

1. How are the players who live in Chilliwack, Abby, Langley (i.e. Fraser Valley proper) better served?

2. Referring to my previous post, why don't the CCB and SFC play at SU and/or SFC?

A

AMA

should make for an interesting discussion when the league BOG talks about it for the first time on Wednesday...
I can't see three franchises in Surrey making much sense.
I don't see this happening, sounds like gossip to me. I can't imagine a club basically throwing in the towel after 7 matches. The bumps in the road they are experiencing MUST have been anticipated as growing pains they'd have to and were prepared to endure.

Sounds like just wishful thinking on CCB members' part...?

Krutov Quote
" This can only be a good situation for the league as it looked pretty obvious on the results that Abby needed more support than Chilliwack and Aldergrove could provide. "

Agreed its good for the leage and a great honour for Surrey soccer that it now has 2 full BCSPL franchises and a share in a third one .

Michele

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I understand the current training facilities in Abby are not able to serve the HPL with the current climate, with only one turf field not dedicated to soccer, and rain forcing the fields to be frequently closed. Are they trying to survive by using facilities that exist with the two new partners, do they each have access to turf fields? If this is correct, Abby have been over ambitious in their assumptions that players will travel to Abbotsford for practise three times a week, or that those on the current rosters will travel to Surrey and Whalley as Parent says from Chilliwack. All they may have accomplished is to alienate those players within their own region, being Aldergrove, Abby and Chilliwack, given their current partnerships.

It will be interesting to see how much their rosters change following these partnerships and if it serves to improve their offering.

Has this been done for the development of players or to keep Abby in the HPL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0