Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HPL Merger Rumour - Abby & Central City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm hearing some rumblings about a "merger" already happening in the BCPL.

Apparently Abby is struggling massively and is hooking up with Central City/SFC or whatever they are called these days down in Newton/Whalley beginning in January... anyone else hear about this?

Can't say I didn't see this coming at some point for Abby and should raise some questions about the franchise selection process (not that there weren't any before).

It will be interesting to see how many kids from Abby are on the BCPL squads when the real season begins next March...

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Apparently Abby is struggling massively and is hooking up with Central City/SFC or whatever they are called these days down in Newton/Whalley beginning in January... anyone else hear about this?

Can't say I didn't see this coming at some point for Abby and should raise some questions about the franchise selection process (not that there weren't any before).

It will be interesting to see how many kids from Abby are on the BCPL squads when the real season begins next March...

Abbotsford are a proud club full of politics and i honestly can't see it happening. Not that they don't need it, they're terrible at pretty much every age minus maybe 2 or 3 between guys and girls.

nocents

May 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does the geography work for this? Abby is getting crushed out there, but would this be handing the franchise over to CCB? From what I could tell Langley players are mostly at SU and obv Abby doesn't have the depth on it's own. Seems the mini-season was a good first step for BCSPL.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
I also hear the Island is going to merge with Sportstown FC....:D
I'll only believe this until I see pie charts with distribution on time spent with TSS coaches AND Island coaches.

For transparency reasons only, of course.

:D

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll only believe this until I see pie charts with distribution on time spent with TSS coaches AND Island coaches.

For transparency reasons only, of course.

:D

Going to build a tunnel from Richmond to Victoria to transport players and staff

soccerdad

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

would a "merger" like this basically mean that CCB just joins Abby and then plays trains out there?

I can't see three franchises in Surrey making much sense.

I don't see this happening, sounds like gossip to me. I can't imagine a club basically throwing in the towel after 7 matches. The bumps in the road they are experiencing MUST have been anticipated as growing pains they'd have to and were prepared to endure.

Sounds like just wishful thinking on CCB members' part...?

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

If this is true then its great news for sfc/ccb .Football [soccer] is huge in Newton ,Surrey and there are lots of talented young players coming through. Majority of teams and coach,s from Surrey and Abbotsford play/coach all year round -winter season and the USSL leage during the summer. The addition of the Surrey based players would make the proposed merged club a lot stronger than its been this season.

nap

Sep 8, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never smoke without a fire, the idea of BC Soccer behind setting up theBCSPL was ideally to encourage clubs to enter into partnerships which they would normally not. I have heard a strong rumor that this is a done deal. Wow did I really say that just imagine CCB/MFMFC/SFC in action wow BCSPL top of the league standings. Everyone is about to witness the fruits of hard work of the last couple of years. Soccer dad feel sorry for your group can't come to NAP to get players as they will play BCSPL in the park

soccerdad

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never smoke without a fire, the idea of BC Soccer behind setting up theBCSPL was ideally to encourage clubs to enter into partnerships which they would normally not. I have heard a strong rumor that this is a done deal. Wow did I really say that just imagine CCB/MFMFC/SFC in action wow BCSPL top of the league standings. Everyone is about to witness the fruits of hard work of the last couple of years. Soccer dad feel sorry for your group can't come to NAP to get players as they will play BCSPL in the park

Couple of things to clarify, the first is my comment on it being "gossip" or "wishful thinking" on CCB's part was just my opinion on the information / rumour and NOT meant to be a jab at CCB or it's members whatsoever. I take no pleasure in the fact that the club where my kid plays got a franchise and CCB did not.

I am all for the player first concept ( rule ) and if Breakers got a BCSPL franchise back in February and the club where we play(ed) did not....we'd be at CCB today simple as that. Player first.

While I appreciate all of the great things that the personel at CCB do and I aknowledge it is positive on the field, the 'language' used by the apparent CCB posters here consistantly seems to more than just blur the line between "Player first" and "Club first". References of how "our club is better than your club" or "we have more numbers" or "once we get a franchise we're going to kick your butts" etc etc.

It is great to be proud but to me this suggests a "club first" loyalty that I just don't quite agree with.

I want my kid to play alongside and against the best talent possible and I couldn't and wouldn't ever allow a club to hold her captive for it's own interests.

Player First.

Sep 5, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't see how this is going to do much on the girls side at the older age groups (U14 and up). Anyone from Surrey who had the talent and wanted to play and could afford it, is playing BCSPL already. Must be a boys thing or a long road view.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The statement that it is a done deal is absolutely false. I am on the league board of governors; no such issue has ever come up, let alone been discussed with a view to approving any action.

I have no idea whats going on behind the scenes in any of the clubs besides the one I am with, but I do know that at the league level this isnt remotely on the radar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0