Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HPL Merger Rumour - Abby & Central City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The statement that it is a done deal is absolutely false. I am on the league board of governors; no such issue has ever come up, let alone been discussed with a view to approving any action.

I have no idea whats going on behind the scenes in any of the clubs besides the one I am with, but I do know that at the league level this isnt remotely on the radar...

I have contacted both sides of this supposed union- people who would be in the thick of it. All quiet so far and this was early this AM

A

AMA

Never smoke without a fire, the idea of BC Soccer behind setting up theBCSPL was ideally to encourage clubs to enter into partnerships which they would normally not. I have heard a strong rumor that this is a done deal. Wow did I really say that just imagine CCB/MFMFC/SFC in action wow BCSPL top of the league standings. Everyone is about to witness the fruits of hard work of the last couple of years. Soccer dad feel sorry for your group can't come to NAP to get players as they will play BCSPL in the park

Yeah its true no smoke without fire and this proposed patrnership makes alot of sense . CCBFC gets a share of a BCSPL franchise and the Abby Ford Mariners who have really struggled this season in nearly all the BCSPL divisions get better players to improve their teams.
If this does come off it could affect SU as many players from CCBFC had gone to play BCSPL there and would prob return !

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confused as to why a merger would have to take place for this to happen? I would guess Abby would continue to play out of Abby, why wouldn't the best CCB players not current on an SPL team try out and play for them?

Redernek

Feb 20, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The statement that it is a done deal is absolutely false. I am on the league board of governors; no such issue has ever come up, let alone been discussed with a view to approving any action.

I have no idea whats going on behind the scenes in any of the clubs besides the one I am with, but I do know that at the league level this isnt remotely on the radar...

Just takin' a piss... put your feet up and roll one. Just a silly rumour...

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah its true no smoke without fire and this proposed patrnership makes alot of sense . CCBFC gets a share of a BCSPL franchise and the Abby Ford Mariners who have really struggled this season in nearly all the BCSPL divisions get better players to improve their teams.
If this does come off it could affect SU as many players from CCBFC had gone to play BCSPL there and would prob return !

I had a well-informed written retort to correct or clarify your comments regarding that "many players from CCBFC had gone to play at SU....".

But I decided to keep it short and to the point. This is a farce of a comment. You lost what little credibility you have. But then again, it depends what you think "many players" means.........

I'll put my attention back to where it should be now. On the pitch and towards my players. You can carry on. You are doing a great job of clarifying things in many different ways. :rolleyes:

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess i was wrong earlier, the merger is happening. My dad was in the states all weekend, now he's back i asked him and he confirmed it as to being true. He said they're not sure where they will be playing out of, it depends on how many players come from where. As a coach hpl coach for mfm, i'd take his word as true.

soccerdad

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
MB10,
Lets tackle the more important issues first. You still live with your Dad?

LOL...

so, as I'm just a simple soccer dad with no insider info, ( I asked my own dad but he didn't know what BCSPL meant )... so I have to go with both MTKB and Colins word on this one.

Thanks guys.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Merger confirmed on marinersfc.ca

http://marinersfc.ca/PDF/MFMFC Press Release (CCB-SFC - partnership).pdf

Very interesting in that it also includes a link up to the PDL level and a re-branding of that squad. SFC/CCB had a u20 squad in USL last year and probably some exciting players needing somewhere to go at u21+. Not to mention this should allow for more scouting by the Whitecaps.

Great link.

You'll note the other regional partners for MFC remain - listed at the bottom of the post.

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Very interesting in that it also includes a link up to the PDL level and a re-branding of that squad. SFC/CCB had a u20 squad in USL last year and probably some exciting players needing somewhere to go at u21+. Not to mention this should allow for more scouting by the Whitecaps.

Great link.

You'll note the other regional partners for MFC remain - listed at the bottom of the post.

Interesting. I hope it all works out for both groups. Magnuson Ford Mariners have been searching for a group to help prop up their program for several months now.

soccerdad

Jan 11, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Great link.

So much for my sources ( MTKB and Mr Elmes )! what the hell am I paying you for? ;)

Interesting repercussions in a few areas....

Attn; parents of kids on the Abbotsford U13 & U14G BCSPL teams......unless your daughter is a top 3 player......I'm not sure I would be very excited about this merger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0