Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How will HPL affect Gold/Silver levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
u14B is supposed to be for the top u13 players in each club.... dont get me started on whether all the clubs have honoured that or not...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
mtkb. Are you joking? They are players that coach took. Maybe not the best. There is kids in goald better. Some parents do not want to pay that much. If you have a child playing just make sure he goes to good soccer chool. Let him play gold or MSL. He will be just as good. You are one phone call away fro a tryout any where in Europe. If the boy has it he will get on.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have no idea what you are talking about... Our u14b team is at the top of the table, and has a grand total of zero out of district players... I'm sure one or two players were missed, but that happens to everyone at every tryout...as you well know the last problem with the Burnaby Selects is affordability... I could go on but the more I read what you wrote the more confused I get...

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can I take a stab at it?? I think Base was just saying basically if there are u14 kids that are not "u13-aged" it would be because (A) the coaching staff didn't pick enough u13-aged kids to play in the metro "B" division, (B) kids did not play because they didn't want to pay or travel to that extent??? That's what I took from it. As a result a lot of good metro-level kids would be in u13 gold. I can attest to that and say there are many metro-level (now BCPL level) kids at gold in the u13 age level that chose not to play u14 metro "B". For whatever reason. Happens every year. Nothing against Burnaby at all. I have no doubt Cliff Ave, SBMC and whatnot all have players good enough for your metro "B" u14 team that just chose not too??? Just a guess obviously.

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The old "coaches didn't pick the best players"? (For the most part) BS, I say.
If a player/parent decides not to show up at tryouts what's for a coach to do?
Drag the boy kicking and screaming into the field and register him against his will?
Coaches can only pick who is there to be picked and, although player selection is certainly subjective, the best players tend to be picked because.... (drum rolls, please): coaches do want their team to win.

I can safely say that in my club every U13-aged player in the tryouts was discussed and many a U13 Gold game was attended by the Select coaches to make sure no one had been missed.
Am I saying that ALL U14B players are that much better than the ones in U13Gold? Nope, but I haven't seen any player in Gold that is clearly better than the ones picked.
As for the "hidden gem" in Silver 2: what the heck is the boy doing there to begin with?
Whose fault it is that this next (choose one of Maradona, Pele, Best, etc.) never showed up at tryouts and is playing the "big fish in a small pond" role?
The higher level coaches? Give me a break.

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
u14B is supposed to be for the top u13 players in each club.... dont get me started on whether all the clubs have honoured that or not...

Yup, some clubs out there do seem to see this differently but I fail to grasp their long term picture.
The usual suspects have been padding their stats all season long by calling down a full roster of U14A players whenever they want to get a win.
I find it ironic that 2 clubs who have NOT used this artifice are currently 1st and 2nd in the league.
Come Cup time I wonder how those clubs who took a more "creative" approach to weekly Roster management will fare?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tulio I see your point. As you all know it is all about winning to you guys. Why the hell do you take three out of district at U14B. Is it all about development in our community. Some of you guys are thinking that winning is developmenmt. If you look at it closley many mistakes are made. Kids that do not have pace will never reach top point. Maybe premier soccer and that's it.
Some of you guys need to go to Europe to watch the actual development. One coach can not teach all. You need fitness coach ,you need keeper coach, you need strking coach and deffenseve coach. Actual work is for five team coaching staff not one or two guys.
If you look at our head guys. All they do is push paper. That's not going to develop a player. It is clear to you all that Whitecaps cut last Canadian Joe Anderson, took no player from U18 selects period. Only signed two or three kids from residency program. We are kidding our selves. We have to do ten times better job. All I saiod that there is parents that have no money to pay for their kids yet there is five most talented kids not taken because you guys give spots to kids out of district. I personaly think that's a fault developmenent in our community. Our kids have to be first. Fourth in the league is just as good.

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I won't even get in to the " it is all about winning to you guys". You like to paint everyone with broad strokes, so be it.

there is five most talented kids not taken because you guys give spots to kids out of district
I'm just curious and I want you to expand on your thoughts.
Say, you organize a tryout, a kid clearly shows better than everyone else but you check your list and see his an OOD player.
What do you do, cut him and say "go play in your district, boy"?
Have you considered that the OOD player may be the "more talented kid"?
You probably had a finger in creating rule 23, eh?

Sorry, my take is to take the best players available, period.
This anacronistic OOD rule is a misguided policy in my opinion, which, BTW, I have never seen in Brazil, Spain, Portugal, England, Germany, etc.
Have you?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tulio that is what I would have said to his parents. We are here to develop kids from our community. I am not mad that you guys are winning. The trouble is we do not develop enough kids in our own community. We start with 14 teams in each age group. At the end we have one select side two gold sides and two silver one sides. Rest is a waste due to our own faults. If we would slow down, develop kids we might have three times as many players to choose from at U18.
Lacks are. Community keeper coach for all. Community coach for all the strikers. Comunity coach for all the defenders plus a fitness coach. All work as a system of development. Not as a sytem of our eagoe with faults. I know you and I know you mean well. You know what's needed, we need you to be a leader not a falower.

TulioMaravilha

Mar 6, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, we're definitely not winning, will end mid of the table and, believe me or not, that's OK by me.
Now, could it be that other people take a broader definition of community? Why does it have to be bounded by artificial borders?
If a deserving Surrey kid cannot make the top team in his district doesn't the "soccer community at large" benefit from him having a chance in another district team?
Thats' how it will work in BCPL and it's about time, in my opinion.

I would love to see your ideal scenario (multiple coaches, specialized training) in place and for my kids to have access to it but let's be real: it is just utopia, sorry.
Even back home and in Europe, most of the available talent do "go to waste" because only the kids picked by a professional team with a good youth program will enjoy such infrastructure.
Do you know that the recently retired Ronaldo didn't go as a kid to top Rio team Flamengo because the club wouldn't pay his bus fare to practices?
He ended up OK but I bet many of his slightly less talented friends stopped playing.
I know many examples in Brazil....

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tulio again I do agree with your points. If Surrey has enough kids to field second U14 A team they should be aloved. Better development only brings more kids to the top. In my opinion a tournament should be held to see if the team can compeat against the four top level clubs. If they can so be it. It is always better to have a bigger pool of players to see which will come through. As you all know many kids slip when they turn 16. Skiny lads somehow start to shine and taker places of other kids. That's that rushing that I am talking about.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
mtkb. Are you joking? They are players that coach took. Maybe not the best. There is kids in goald better. Some parents do not want to pay that much. If you have a child playing just make sure he goes to good soccer chool. Let him play gold or MSL. He will be just as good. You are one phone call away fro a tryout any where in Europe. If the boy has it he will get on.

Base, shut up.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup, some clubs out there do seem to see this differently but I fail to grasp their long term picture.
The usual suspects have been padding their stats all season long by calling down a full roster of U14A players whenever they want to get a win.
I find it ironic that 2 clubs who have NOT used this artifice are currently 1st and 2nd in the league.
Come Cup time I wonder how those clubs who took a more "creative" approach to weekly Roster management will fare?

EXACTLY. And for the record, Burnaby's u14b team selected 18 u13 aged players... our coach went out and scouted last year's u12 gold teams like no tommorrow. He missed one kid from Cliff, that's it... Only reason I can say that is I had him at the summer games!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masrey once federal agent said. Fear one, if at fault. If not you control your future. Masrey kid is way to slow for upper side. Did you see the red jacket on the south east side of the stadium. I heard once from Roco. Game is fun till you get cought. When you do running very important. You do have a good side. I was talking about U14 A side. Luca head to be there. Burnaby boy with all the tools to turn pro. Residency will take in in a spit.
Tonight they will find out if you still do what you do. Tall boldy I have never feard. I love soccer and that is it. Next tryouts will bring many hiden kids out. We have done tonns of talking to kids about the HPL and Metro Select League to be kicking in in most clubs. Not sure if yours will go through.
The more we talk the better in BC. Finaly all the kids in BC are as one in HPL. MSL is just onother name for a good league. Kids will benifit from it all. Five man tag team is alwas stronger than one or two men tag team. Masry you know better. We are just testing the youngster to see if he has the smarts. So far a fail is next to it.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masry are you going to be his side kick in HPL? Or are you going to stay in MSL and learn the game. It is always better for you to do your own show. You have got tonns of time on your hands to develop.
Head coach is he doing it. We all have started our grinning more ha ha ha.. Guy like you could coach U18 girls and get to upper levels way faster. Mens side is all for ex National players.
I have a young side in senior mens league. I find it ten times more fun. Good luck with you HPL. Your HPL is by invite only or is it going to be a combine try out? I know Caps will pree select the kids they want.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that we know that U13 is a start for HPL. It's clear that both U14 sides in Burnaby Selects will lose about 8 guys each.One as U14 an onother as U15 next year. This will swing a new movment to select program from gold sides. Net resalt better development for all the boys. This will also force SBMC and Wesburn to pool as one to have a gold side in the midle of the pack. As we can see both Cliff and Wesburn and SBMC second gold are on the bottom. SBMC first side stands to loose more thamn hand full of kids to Selects in U15next year.
Same will happen with north Shore gold and select. Kids will move up along the table.Any of you guys hopping that your children will have a chance for HPL should or must play SYL for the better of higher level of soccer.
HPL is going to be huge jomp for kids in soccer skill game pace and over all movment. Almost equal to Provincial program. Fun to see it all come forward. Wesburn has an U13 lad in a S1 that should be contacted for Selects and gold or even higher. Pace like you never have seen before good shot. Franco is the lads name.

I missed this on the way through. In addition to being chair of the club, Im the assistant coach with Burnaby's u14 team. We're going to lose eight players are we?

Base, if you don't know what the hell you are talking about, shut the bleep up....

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I missed this on the way through. In addition to being chair of the club, Im the assistant coach with Burnaby's u14 team. We're going to lose eight players are we?

Base, if you don't know what the hell you are talking about, shut the bleep up....

At least 8, Base is getting them tryouts in Europe.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
mtkb yes you will loose six to nine players to HPL. You will also loose two three coaches. After thirty five years in BC Soccer as a coach and a manager I gues one learns allot. Must say some assistants are loosing lots of teams to other clubs latly, in your area must be due to your good coaching. Gold sides will loose each two or three guys to select program and on. South will loose three players from gold fore sure. Right D from south gold All's boy will move up. Maybe Italian lad in the middle of the Park and a kid by the name Nick. That's just U14. Other ages the same. Stalion one is there now on a tryout base. You can always buy a spot for yours. Come and see me.
Stalion slow and slower never get there. You will have to bring good players from North shore. Coast will stop many folks from Burnaby. $5000.00 is alot of money to fork out for one year program. Maybe if Masrey was a head coach I could see it. Stalion I just can not see it. Second year it should be better. At half as much. Paying for SYL and then HPL and a possible indoor coast aboe all could be coastley.
Stalion how many of your guys were asked to Whitecaps combine, to be in late March. It is good that Caps are doing it.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
No one has any idea how many players will move from selects to HPL... Based on top level contraction of teams, it should be 60%.... whether that is true for every club or every age group
is pure speculation at this point. You are not involved with Burnaby Selects; why you think you know what's going to happen at the club is beyond me...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
mtkb you are missing my point. HPL at u13 will have a team. About half of the guys will be from Burnaby half from North Shore. So say you have 16 players seven fro North Shore seven from Burnaby and two from where ever they come from. Now you have to repace those seven in Selects . Three clubs are feeder system. Say one comes from Wesburn three from South Burnaby and three from Cliff gold. Now you have to repace those boys in gold. Kids from Silver one will move up. How much more simpler can I make it for you. HPL is here there is no way you can stop them. You sound like our boddy Stalion. He does tomany wood floors on the side. It is darn hard to stop the squicks. Stalion you are the best. She loves it. Keap on doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0