Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How will HPL affect Gold/Silver levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
By your U13 example Geordie, surely the CCB Tigers from D2 (fairly dominant against pretty decent teams it seems) would move up and Poco Rangers sent down... I dunno, I'm just interested in how all of it happens?

Some of the tournaments this weekend are gonna be a real waste of time/money. We are playing in the Port Coquitlam tourny in u13 Gold . The other 4 teams in our group are on the bottom of both Gold divisions and have not won a game between them this season.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems American tournament web pages - in Washington anyway - post the "accepted" clubs well in advance so that when registering your team you can check and see if it's worth while to enter.

Canadians can learn a lot about how to run a tournament from those in Washington.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some of the tournaments this weekend are gonna be a real waste of time/money. We are playing in the Port Coquitlam tourny in u13 Gold . The other 4 teams in our group are on the bottom of both Gold divisions and have not won a game between them this season.

And the reason you're going into this tournament is............pad the stats?

A

AMA

Sorry, I don't get your point. If two small clubs want to combine a group of players into a single team, why not? Isn't that better than having diversely motivated and skilled players on the same team? And if a large club has enough players to field 2 teams at a level then shouldn't they do just that? Regarding the divisions, they are there so that teams can play at the appropriate level. Not so a club can try and fill a level or feed egos. Fewer divisions would lead to some very uneven matches.

Well there,s alot of uneven match,s even with so many divisions . The leages should get input from the coach,s in each respective division so that teams are placed at the appropriate level after thanksgiving.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FFS, how many teams do you think are in these leagues? None of the levels in any of them have balanced schedules, and they're trying to do this after only 4 weeks of play, so no shite this is all best-guesswork. When would you propose that the committees responsible for balancing divisions talk to all these coaches? Please try to be realistic. Better yet, offer your services as a volunteer for the job.

Placement criteria (in no particular order or significance):
  1. previous season's record
  2. number of players gained/lost from previous season
  3. level of players gained/lost (eg. added players from higher/lower level to team)
  4. team stronger/weaker statement from coach on Intent To Play form
  5. club's requested level for team on Intent To Play form
  6. goal difference from first four games of season
  7. club request for team to be moved up/down at Thanksgiving
These are what the 4 District League has publicized as their criteria. The 5 District League may take other factors into account, but I seriously doubt they have the time, either.

Jul 12, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer is way more complicated in the lower mainland than in the Kootenays. In our area we have one team foer every two age groups (eg. U 14's / U 15's combine to make a U 15 team). There is no gold, silver, bronze...if an age group is particularly skilled they play in gold and silver tournaments. If a team is not so skilled they play in silver / bronze tournaments.

A

AMA

FFS, how many teams do you think are in these leagues? None of the levels in any of them have balanced schedules, and they're trying to do this after only 4 weeks of play, so no shite this is all best-guesswork. When would you propose that the committees responsible for balancing divisions talk to all these coaches? Please try to be realistic. Better yet, offer your services as a volunteer for the job.

3. level of players gained/lost (eg. added players from higher/lower level to team)
These are what the 4 District League has publicized as their criteria. The 5 District League may take other factors into account, but I seriously doubt they have the time, either.

I,ve just spent my lunch break going over the stats in U13 Divisions. If the leage schedulers or committe members follow this site here,s the teams that should be moved up or down at thanksgiving :

DIV 1A -DOWN T0 DIV 2 - CMF CLASH, GAC JAGUARS
DIV 1B - DOWN TO DIV 2-PMO 99SELECTS,NCU FUSION,PCO RANGERS
Both of the above groups should then have crossover games .

DIV 2-UPTO 1B/1A - CCB TIGERS, SUS LIONS.
DIV 2-DOWN TO 3A -PMO IMPACT , NDU ROYALS

DIV 3B-UPTO DIV 2 - SFC,ALLSTARS,CCB TIGERS
UPTO 3A -SUS PREDATORS,PIT DRAGONS

DIV4A- UPTO 3A or 2- SFC GOLDENBOOTS
UPTO 3A -PIT RANGERS

The above changes would help to balance out the divisions and i,m sure members like bettermirror, dude and others would agree.
Further changes could be made if necessary in Dec. Please pass the above changes onto your clubs and leage members etc.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am in no position to discuss which teams should move up or down - certainly not in an age group I don't coach in.

If a team appears to be struggling on paper (wins-losses) it should then be put to the club/coach if they want the team to move down. However, if a team is dominant, it shouldn't be much of an option - that team should be moved up. Reason being? I've seen a lot of "bottom" teams perform very nicely but simply fail to get results. Year after year. These teams that play very nicely but lose tend to be physically (more reference to quickness than strength) over-matched, but usually have a lot of joy in and pride with the way they play the game win-lose-draw.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AMA - I hope you have passed your very helpful suggestions on to the 5 District League brass so your team will be promoted as you are lobbying so hard to accomplish. Are you planning on working out the other age groups as well? I honestly had other things to at lunch today, although I'm sure they weren't quite as important as this. Either way, I blame JBN..

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surely you realize BK7 that when you played in the North American final at U-13 or U-14 Hugh was just as serious as some of these parents are on here?

Wake up man.

:D

A

AMA

I,ve just spent my lunch break going over the stats in U13 Divisions. If the leage schedulers or committe members follow this site here,s the teams that should be moved up or down at thanksgiving :

DIV 1A -DOWN T0 DIV 2 - CMF CLASH, GAC JAGUARS
DIV 1B - DOWN TO DIV 2-PMO 99SELECTS,NCU FUSION,PCO RANGERS
Both of the above groups should then have crossover games .

DIV 2-UPTO 1B/1A - CCB TIGERS, SUS LIONS.
DIV 2-DOWN TO 3A -PMO IMPACT , NDU ROYALS

DIV 3B-UPTO DIV 2 - SFC,ALLSTARS,CCB TIGERS
UPTO 3A -SUS PREDATORS,PIT DRAGONS

DIV4A- UPTO 3A or 2- SFC GOLDENBOOTS
UPTO 3A -PIT RANGERS

The above changes would help to balance out the divisions and i,m sure members like bettermirror, dude and others would agree.
Further changes could be made if necessary in Dec. Please pass the above changes onto your clubs and leage members etc.

I hope the dist 5 leage and any of its volunteers will take note of my post above about some of the changes i suggested.
It would greatly help all the teams/players in those groups .

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
"It would greatly help all the teams/players in those groups." AMA.

You speak for all those groups? You've watched them play? You are aware of the minutae of details that can affect scores for each team?

If you wish for the board of District 5 to take notice if your recommendations you may wish to attend a District 5 board meeting - I suggest contacting your club for further details. You may also wish to attempt to join the board. I would be quite surprised if many, if any, of the board members read this message board.

Yes, some movement is surely appropriate. It, however, isn't your place to suggest what is best for who.

Looking at your post closer why do you have teams dropping two divisions or moving up 2 divisions? I wonder if you are also aware that 1A and 1B are not meant to be "equal" but rather that 1A would be higher so on and so forth down through the ranks.

The reason I wonder if you recognize this is because you suggest a team from Div4A moves all the way up to Division 2.

You also have to remember, these are mostly rec leagues. Division 1 in District 5 at age u13+ is what used to be referred to as silver. So division 4 is very much a house league. I realize there are some serious silver teams out there who train hard and have ambition.

A

AMA

I took into account some of the above criteria when posting the ups/downs for Dist 5 . It was intended to be helpful for all involved especially those poor kids who are on the receiving of 11-0 losses. Lets sort this out dist 5 please.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wao it looks like HPL is helping rest of the system. Lots of teams have come forward and many kids got to play one level higher. Most of them more than deserve to be there. Teams like Legion U15 S2 and SBMC U15 S1 heed players in lower levels. Finaly kids get to show what they have. SBMS with Juan Lee could easaly play above select level.
Leagion has three kids HPL level. I am very surprised that clubs have not been asking those kids to HPL as HPL has no poching close.
Some Surrey sides and North fraser HPL could use all the boys I pointed out. I am sure mr Benit will look in to it. Skill and speed that not many could match.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly haven't seen too many BCPL scouts out watching gold/silver/bronze level teams play; the only interaction we've had with any of them was having to stop them from stealing our corner flags...:mad: Realizing that a lot of teams/players have been leveled up; I'm still not sure though that the actual level of play has not suffered as a result - it's too early in the season to form an informed opinion about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0