Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] - Results & Banter - Sept. 04'

Who will win the Premier Division this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: FVSL Premier: Results & Banter - 2004/2005

Draven said:
Poco 3 Lions 0

Banks,
Thanks for the comment, but you do realize that I only score one goal a season, right? Too bad it's so early in. ;)
dont you only score brilliant goals every 10 years ;) :D ,for a chinese guy draven sure is good :D

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

SUFC and Whalley just finished to a tie game, 1 goal a piece. With Whalley scoring at the very end. SUFC should have won the game.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

1-1
PAU should have won it.
Controlled the second half and really took it to Langley.
Langley scored once against the play and it was called back.
Guinness with a red card with 10 to go on a vicious, sickening tackle.
Foam from the mouth and all.

discman

Sep 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Whalley boys definately not on there "A" game today scored in the very late stages to earn the tie. Hats off to big Nick. Say what you want this fella knows how to put the ball in the net. 2 last week as well. I don't think the Whalley lads were happy with there game and would expect them to come out flying in Chilliwack Friday night. Good to see SUFU getting back on track putting the first two games behind them.

burkee&nonis

Aug 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well earned point but was disappointing we didn't get the three. Whalley tied it with a minute to go. Our keeper made a couple of big saves and we couldn't capatilize on a couple of breakways we had but I guess you have all heard about that. On to the chutney bowl next week.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

LION said:
1-1
PAU should have won it.
Controlled the second half and really took it to Langley.
Langley scored once against the play and it was called back.
Guinness with a red card with 10 to go on a vicious, sickening tackle.
Foam from the mouth and all.

Not sure Lion was watching the same game I was. Missed a couple of key details. I think Lion's head was spinning from the tongue lashing received from Martin and got the colour's of the jersey's backwards. Anyhow let the TTP'ing begin.
I am one to let the result's on the pitch speak for themselves, good bad or ugly. Bad call, missing player's, sitter's missed, whatever. In the end it was 1-1, and considering we went down to 10 early and fought back to not only get a point but take two from PAU, was a positive result for us given the big picture. I may or may not have felt the same given the same circumstances reversed. Maybe felt one got away. Monkey off our back for the program, as this was the first game in 6 since we came back up that we took a point from the nation.
Yes PAU carried the majority of the second half, but it can be argued we out chanced them and pulled the goal back with 10 men.
BTW, Guinness's tackle was not as described, arguably deserved, perhaps a bit of even upper. Our guy took his like a man, so did Guinness.
Fun intense afternoon, great weather, excellent pitch. Looking forward to the rematch.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Guiness's tackle was gross, I am considering adding our own club ban, to match the leagues.
Good hard fought game, obviously we felt like we were in control 1 nil up in the second half, with Langley down to ten men, but thats football though. LFC2 is right about this being a good result for the program, because in the past Langley would have packed it in.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

holf fcuk wee guinny actually threw in the boot !thats a first

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

GEU lads heard a rumor today that the prem and the cat signed a new player to each team? in fact is this true? and conformation :confused:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

cascadesoccer said:
GEU lads heard a rumor today that the prem and the cat signed a new player to each team? in fact is this true? and conformation :confused:
Partially true actually CAT signed both players.One is another ex mission player and will need to prove himself as he took a few years off do to injury. The other is a young guy moved up from U21.

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm 1 SUFC 1

Ouch, we brought our game down a level today for sure....We weren't moving the ball around like we can and they scored on a turnover early with the mids out of positon. Everybody pushing up wanting to score cost us early. Their keeper was MOTM as he made a few big saves off the line, not alot, but a few key ones. On the bright side this is definately a wake up call, but the boys should now nothing comes easy in the league.....How bout this one, which I don't think we've heard this year...the reffing was good :eek:

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

PAU vs Lions this fri. Out this pat weekend due to coaching committments with Kwantlen. Porky's in Nanaimo was on fire. Lookin forward to gettin back in the mix, a few lions out there i need to kick for missen games in the Loops tourney cause they couldn't carry their ball and chains to the park. cnuts. Joely, bring my lucky boots so I can slot a few past ya. Cheers

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Peace Arch / Langley game was very average at best. Far too many cards given out, I bet there was 8 cards given out. What ever happened to getting a warning first and then a yellow. I feel that both red cards were undeserved and unfortunately both will sit out next week. Guiness may have been kicked out for hair alone! The game itself was fairly uneventful, the typical precision passing game of PAU against the loafing kick and run of Langley. Every time since Langley has played on that pitch they have been down a man for most of the game...an interesting stat.....certainly not an excuse. Nice to see us battle with 10 men, I don't know why our winning goal was called back, I assume that crazy legs bumped the keeper??? Should be a funn rematch if either team has any players left to play.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU - Langley

Definetly a spirited affair at South Surrey yesterday. I guess a moral victory in some ways for Langley as they battled a man down for a good portion of the game. Without going into details, I will say that the officiating definetly had an impact on the game.

On to the Lions next week......

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Hey Skip, don't you have a class to teach? Are our hard earned tax paying dollars going towards your TTPing while on the job????

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nukes said:
Hey Skip, don't you have a class to teach? Are our hard earned tax paying dollars going towards your TTPing while on the job????

I recall way back.... All he did was sit infront of the computer, while he tells his class to go for the milk run ;)

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Storm 1 Sufc 1

The boys really let ourselves down yesterday. Had a chance to go clear at the top and blew it.
Full credit to SUFC they took a early lead and really played a strong match. We know that every team in this league is tough and we need to bring our A game week in and week out.

Thankfully we had a fair bit of stopage time and big Nick popped in the equaliser.
All the lads know that we need to take it up a notch for Chilliwack on Friday.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lions vs PAU

Hyped up for this weekends match up. Can't wait to run through Aves and that guy in the middle with the hair. Guinness?
I have already been told that I am playing in the middle and to shadow PAU's wop in the middle. EASY!
consider it done!
I guarantee that he doesn't even get a sniff of the ball.

Studs UP,
you have to get on the park to kick someone. From what I hear, that might be an issue for you.

IF any of PAU want a great meal before Friday nights tilt, La Rocca will give you guys 50% off. Thursday or Friday. "Carb up for the game" ;) ;) :D

LION

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pau - Lions

Looking forward to Friday night... Should be a battle as PAU are looking to redeem last weeks dropping of the ball (so to speak) and the Lions need a win in the worst way (0-3)!!! ;)

LION sounds like U think you have the class to man mark me in the middle??? Well you think so anyhow, but honestly NAE CHANCE big man!!! I'll bet any Lion or PAU player a free meal at La Rocca you'll not even touch the ball this friday night!!! I GUARENTEE it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0