Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] - Results & Banter - Nov. 04'

Who will hand Langley their first loss of the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip check the weather channel before you come out to Langley, I hear there's Thunder in the forcast.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok Studs, for the biggest ass kiss of all time. Insert Langley, Delta, Chilliwack etc. in every PAU post in the last day and whoever it is would be bitching just as loud as PAU is right now. Read Skip's post and Crafty's. For me that's enough to get a reasonable read on what took place. Lion I don't know all that well, although a touch undiplomatic, his version is similar. I sympathize with what happened, and is really unfortunate that it may have cost a team points. Too easy for others to say it just happens and to get on with it. I would be pissed, and likely would ruin a day or two of mine.
Yes refereeing is tough and the abuse they take is over the top at times. However, I don't like the argument that we make mistakes as well and are not accountable. We are, as we can all attest to having sat on the bench when our performances did not measure up over the years. They are paid officials, for the abuse probably not enough, and there is a shortage of them, but I don't think we should just accept this without a debate. It would never get better, and although undiplomatic and unclassy at times, I think, including the referee's and the FVSL executive, we all want to improve all aspects of this league. An open forum is a good starting place.

Big Ern

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
LION - "When Someone Breaks There Legs Or When Someone Loses It And Beats The Fcuk Out Of Him."

My appologies, I saw this as a tad threatening.

I am not giving you the gears, Lion! I completely agree that some refs are in over their head. I also agree that one bad/missed call can lead to bigger problems. We've all been there! Most of us just fuel the fire by the way we react instead of getting on with our lives.
As far as a player duffing a shot (etc.), if we took it to heart the way we do a blown call, Nukes would never have lasted a season in premier!!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Curious

Does anyone know right now who technically is in first place?

Is it alphabetic?

Or, is it based on head to head, goals for, or goals against?

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Doesnt really matter until the end of the season does it?
Or do you have a significant wager in the TTP Bookie Event? :D

FridayKnight

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't worry Nukes, we all know that you never complain about officiating! :rolleyes:
As for the VMSL, Studs is right, their officiating is perfect! (Nukes, you should really get out there if you get a chance! Everyone raves about the refs!!!) Clearly the only bad officiating is in the Valley!! :eek:
My sympathy's do go out to those teams in the officiating debacle this weekend. We've all seen it at one point or another, but it never gets easier to take.
This one must have been really bad though...Lion even posted a complaint about the officials! :D

Anyone feel like moving on yet??

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just to put some more fuel on the fire, I think its a bit cheesy for the nation to say that hos's red might be a reason they could be defeated by Langley. You guys claim you have depth, use it. Not trying to take a piss on the nation, but you guys can't be that beat up just from a red. Move on, I havent seen you guys play this season, but I hear you guys have picked it up from last season. Ive seen Langley, although we couldnt beat them, they are very much beatable. Im actually surprised they havent lost so far.

Now on to another topic, expect a new/ regrouped GN, some key additions in the GN camp, with a few more coming very soon.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't be too hard on Lion, Big Ern, he's still suffering from Jet lag. It's a long way to travel from worst to first in a day. It can't be an easy adjustment.

The biggest laugh today was when I heard you guys were shitting on the wrong ref. Funny stuff. I think, and it's only what I think that counts remember, that every one needs to take a step back and relax. He had a major shocker. He always, according to you guys, has a shocker, so why are you so surprised this time? Seriously, for saying he didn’t cost you the game and Delta was full credit for the 3 you sure are making a mountain out of Dude’s mole hill. Perhaps a little maturity in the matter may be in order? I know you’re all wound about the loss but I can only see this as a positive, after all, I’ve got 3000 on the Whack to lead by Christmas.

I can't some how shake the feeling Utah is to blame for this. If it makes you feel better I'll have him do 300 extra lunges tomorrow, I know it does worlds of good for LFC2 and I. :D

BTW, OGP Dragon, I did read you entire sentence. I still assume that a period as punctuation still ends one? Or did I miss a memo?

Love and Kisses

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to see you back Kokanee. What's it been?.......five weeks or so since you last ventured into these parts!? Wonder why? :rolleyes:

Cheesy? Do you think it's as cheesy as those mittens you wear on the pitch? :D

Just to clarify (that means to make clear), and reiterate (that means re-say) my sentiments (that kinda means feelings) on the whole Hoss sending off. If you re-read my words, I am quite certain I said something to the effect of:

"It saddens me that one poor official can seriously jeopardize a teams chances at a championship"

Yeah, that sounds right. So, to the average person this would probably seem quite clear. You however seem to have difficulty with it. Hoss is one of our better players. a 90 minute guy. We lost him for most of yesterday's match, and will also miss him for a crucial match next week vs an undefeated Langley team. Now, it's not to say that we don't have guys who will step in and do a job for us, but it goes without saying that it is difficult to fill his shoes. Not many on our side are 90 minute guys this year, as we DO have many capable bodies, but Hoss is an exception to this rule. No doubt we will miss him next week, just like we missed him yesterday. We will field a good team despite his name not being on the team sheet, but it's safe to say that between yesterday, and the big match at the oval next week, our chances at a championship has been somewhat jeopardized. Didn't seem difficult to me when I wrote it the first time, but if you'd like me to explain it to you one more time.....please feel free to ask.

~S

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, OGP Dragon, I did read you entire sentence. I still assume that a period as punctuation still ends one? Or did I miss a memo?
Apparently. It was in the same memo that talked about making sure your own grammar was up to snuff before piss taking someone else on the matter :D

~Regs.

Red Dragon

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:

Love and Kisses

I'm sorry (comma) but I do not understand you"r" comments as you must be speaking dutch. Please quote the sentence or just re-read it.

No kisses but maybe a shoulder to cry on... :( donkeyballs

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Typo's aren't funny. They're a serious illness, like stupidity. Sadly both hereditary in gingers.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip said:
Nice to see you back Kokanee. What's it been?.......five weeks or so since you last ventured into these parts!? Wonder why? :rolleyes:
I guess me posting after 5 weeks is similar to you and the rest of the nation posting after an entire season of dissapointment. :confused:

Skip said:
Cheesy? Do you think it's as cheesy as those mittens you wear on the pitch? :D
Its not my fault my team is use to warm climates :rolleyes: but seriously, in our Langley game the ref told one of our players that there is a rule stating a player can't wear gloves and told him to take them off. I didnt know there was a rule, is there?????

Skip said:
Just to clarify (that means to make clear), and reiterate (that means re-say) my sentiments (that kinda means feelings) on the whole Hoss sending off. If you re-read my words, I am quite certain I said something to the effect of:

"It saddens me that one poor official can seriously jeopardize a teams chances at a championship"
What am I suppose to say now, you have a superior intellect, therefore, the Surrey School District gave you a teaching position as a Physical Educator of Surrey's fine youth. :rolleyes: What do you teach them in gym class, Surrey's variation of Dodge ball, how to dodge a black suv with a shot gun peeking out of the back window :eek:

And after reading your post again, one official can't jeopardize your chances, so move on, focus on your big game coming up. I bet some tokens that you guys are going to be the top team at the break. so for Fukc's sake, win :cool:

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Storm 1 GEU 2

Red Forever said:
No argument on the actual sending off as not only was it a breakaway but when you jump into a challenge two-footed and take another player out at the ankle's then you dont give the officials much choice!

You know I wasn't and shouldn't reply to this, but comments like this are just annoying. If you noticed I got up screaming at 16 because when he saw I wasn't going to pull out of the 50/50 ball he tried to two-foot me. To be quite honest I was shite scared that I was going to get "my leg broken" when I saw the way he was going into the tackle. I got up yelling because you get that anxious feeling when you have a near miss like that.

I'll stay again for all you Whalley players I play hard and not dirty. I am going to challenge you on a breakaway and not just stand there and let you slot the ball in the back of the net. I'm taking just as much chance of injury as the player I'm challenging as the stud marks and charly horse I received this weekend would attest.

If you want to know how to avoid contact just ask Sage. He's got it down to an art, he just puts the ball by before he even gets within five yards of me! :D

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Storm 1 GEU 2

MILLSY said:
If you want to know how to avoid contact just ask Sage. He's got it down to an art, he just puts the ball by before he even gets within five yards of me! :D
No kiddin... with one of those annoying little toe pokes, without a doubt. Prick.

MILLSY

Nov 21, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Millsy- incident took place three years ago when your were with Townsend Park playing against SFC Peg. Wasn't there, so I don't know and can't comment on how nasty the tackle was. I've heard the SFC version of events, and you can guess how that plays. I know the result was surgery, some new hardware, about a year of rehab, then post surgery to have the plate removed...plus some angry teammates.

Once calming down and having a clearer head after yesterdays "match" I have to post a retraction about the leg breaking incident. I did break a young players leg while playing for Townsend Park. As I remember he hung his leg on a breakaway and well you know the rest. I went to the hospital after the game to apologize and offer my sympathies but was told by his father my apology was not welcome.
I don't know what more to say on the topic but I've also been on the other end having my arm broken by an errant foot. I don't hold a grudge because I realize it part of the risk playing a contact sport.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
kokanee said:
but seriously, in our Langley game the ref told one of our players that there is a rule stating a player can't wear gloves and told him to take them off.

well, if GN wasn't already in trouble, this certainly spells disaster for the club. :D

kokanee said:
you have a superior intellect

This is perhaps the most intelligent thing you've ever written! Nice work Mittens! :D

~Skip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0