Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - February 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpranger

Oct 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We played Burnaby Canadians on Tuesday night out in Chilliwack, just a little friendly. Good game out in the wack, we ended up, tied at 1-1. It was a good game, with Burnaby holding a lot of the play, but we also had our chances to open it up if we finished our chances. It was good to get in a real run after all the missed games. whataboutBob, I don't think I would say we are full of ourselves, we are just confident with our team right now, but thanks for your take. Anyway on to more importnat things, We are looking forward to a great rematch against poco tonight. Should be fun.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was interested in Wack because they have been asking for a game since Xmas. I just don't know what Mums wanted to prove. Long way to go for a week night game.

Looking forward to the Provincials.......can't wait to see what the FV buzz is all about! ;)

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Wack full of themselves

whataboutbob said:
I'm new to the VMSL site but I hear Wack is just full of themselves. These are mostly young kids who have no idea of the caliber of soccer outside their little town. Am I close?

No...you're about as close as the Planet Pluto is to the Sun.

Rivermouth

Oct 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
I was interested in Wack because they have been asking for a game since Xmas. I just don't know what Mums wanted to prove. Long way to go for a week night game.

It's called a "tune up"...which is a little more intense than a "practice".

The Wack aren't trying to prove anything to anyone else but themselves. It's my understanding, and observation, that the Wack lads all share a strong love of the game of soccer. Like all individuals who both love and play the game of soccer, the Chilliwack boys try to play the game to the best of their abilities. As everyone who loves the game also knows, the most satisfying way to play the game is as a combined unit that moves the ball effectively and scores goals against those that would try to do the same to them. Since the competition is also, presumably, trying their best to beat the Wack, it is assumed that they are doing all that they can to better their play, including practicing. Also, following the old rule that good competition provides opportunities for individuals/teams to raise their abilities to new levels, playing in friendly (but competitive) matches against "better" competition will only help to make the squad stronger. So, the Wack is simply trying to "raise the bar" for themselves, and for that many thanks go out to the Burnaby Canadians for taking the time out to come all the way to the Wack to, ultimately, help make the Valley League more competitive.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
beautiful. just beautiful. I want to thank them too. I never thought of it that way.

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Milhouse said:
MOTW

Battle for Relegation: ND vs SUFC :wa:

Ya, I guess your right Milhouse....I was hoping to have the Storm as the MOTW at least once this year but just like the Chilli boys are saying about the PAK, better luck next year ;) . The undefeated Langley boys coming to the Whalley sandpit. It'll definately be a good preparation match for a our PAK game......

Is Skip on holidays or something...Crafty, anyone? MOTW_18?

On another note, I beleive that SUFC will have a few players sitting due to cards....

GO LIONS :wa:

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What cards striker12:confused: ....I only know of 1 red that we got in the Pak cup and that guy was a CAT player.......so if there is anyone else its news to me.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
striker12 said:
Is Skip on holidays or something...

Neeeee a comment from you on the previous 17 MOTW threads, and yet NOW you choose to call me out!? ;)

How about we use the banter thread as a means of discussing MOTW for the remainder of the season? The 5 responses on average it got every week was not worth the effort.

My pick would indeed be for the Lions/Sikh game, because of the obvious relegation significance.

Also interesting, is the GN/Delta match, second week in a row. I wonder if Crafty will try to appeal this one as well if they fail to get a result. :D

Whalley/Langley also has some appeal, as I have heard AHP Matthew favours the home team.

~Skip

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big T said:
What cards striker12:confused: ....I only know of 1 red that we got in the Pak cup and that guy was a CAT player.......so if there is anyone else its news to me.
Check FVSL dicipline. I believe I saw U, V and W listed.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh one guy has been out for a while.....no one that would have been an impact.
Again the suspensions are few CAT guys that got cards, they transfered up to the Prem team for the short PAK cup run. :D

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND vs SUFC - Postponed

Just to let the ND boys know that the game is not on tomorrow. No pisstake, the game was rescheduled at the beginning of the season but was not posted as such.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
why would it be postponed?
Why would you have not brought this up yesterday when speaking of cards?
why is the sky blue?

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Postponed.....and mentioned only hours before kick-off?

Sounds fishy to me.

I'd appeal.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually to tell you the truth, I forgot to mention it earlier this week......I was asked to post it here and give ND a call just in case the league had forgotten about this. You have to remember this was re-scheduled at the beginning of the season. There was no way that SUFC would play a game on Feb.12 against any team. It just happens that it was ND by chance.

If you want to make this a controversy go ahead but there was no reason for me to post it on here except as a courtesy.

skippy the mandatory notice required is 24 hours and I'm well within the time limits.....Plus this will help you reach your monthly moderator post quota for Prem threads ........Go Fish !! :D

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: TTP the FVSL's new voice???

I guess the league is going to give the points to the Lions!!! (I'd appeal it if I were SUFC)... :rolleyes:

Maybe we should ask Crafty's opinion on this matter Feb.12... Why would the league want you (as a team rep.) to post it on TTP when only a couple of their players are ever on here and not notify John Gaul themselves??? Weeks ago???
Skip is right, sounds like a hook, line and sinker if you ask me!!! ;)

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness,

I wasn't asked by the league (never said I was) but I was asked by our coach to post it on here. I don't handle the management of the team, so I can't tell you if our coach told John before or not. I only did this last minute as a courtesy/reminder.

Should have known better to post this on here. They always shoot the messenger.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU-1 Chilli-0

I'll let the boys describe the game as I'm too cold from watching to type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0