Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - February 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

FridayKnight

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
girth said:
Langley-3 GEU-0

Langley controlled this game from start to finish and simply out ran out played GEU. We had nothing to offer tonight as I don't think we had even a shot on net. Man marking was horrible and when we got the ball it was forced up front where nobody was. There shortest player maybe 5ft 4 scored on a header from a cross that's how bad it was. And here I thought the baby blue keepers jersey would bring some luck :rolleyes:.

Nukes can't be 5'4!!

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was not Nukes. He now has a vertically challenged teammate. That was our young kid off of the U-18 Metro.

striker12

Aug 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Whalley 2 PAU 1

Guinness said:
#6 - "that had to be a yellow! "
#4 - "you're a chicken shite Andy!"
#17 - "that's a bloody joke ref!"
#12 - "are you kidding me?" (insert daft looking smile)
#12 - "he fouled me first!" (insert goofy grin)
#12 - "where's the card?" (insert mopey mouth)
#12 - "shut the fcuk up cainy!" (directed to the coach on the sidelines)
FOLLOWED by a goofy grin, mopey mouth and daft smile!!! (embarassing really). :rolleyes:

I know and like most of the lads on the Storm, but to hear them cry like babies (and they're big boys to boot) is shoc-king!!! :eek: Good luck against GEU, I hope we get past Delta and meet Whalley in the semi's!!!

Peace out

Guinness that's great that you were paying so much attention to me and my comments while you were on the sidelines the whole first half....Kind of scary actually, the downtown life hasn't opened up a new door for you :eek: I don't believe I swore at your coach but if I did I appologize. I did tell him to shut up after the third comment to me and he said something mark at the time. The comment of "that header should have been a yellow" was the clincher. Is this need from a coach just to get a chuckle from the peanut gallory? The 15 subs and 20 fans you had on the sidelines didn't say a peep either :rolleyes: The beginning of the match was intense and it was HUGE for you guys to get a win so to say your guys weren't intense and looking to get any call to help is just ridiculous. If not, you need to find some heart..

The Ref got fed up with both teams speaking to him and started to blow everything down which I don't blame him for. I was grinning when I spoke to Andy....that's correct, I have respect for him and don't feel a need to yell for calls. I made a comment, didn't get it, went on. Embarrasing, well that would be losing to the 7th place team on the biggest game of the year when your in 2nd..:eek:

How about talking about what really matters??? We scored twenty in on a rebound (johnny) and created a some quality chances in the first half. Made it 2 nil 15 in to the second on a nice passing play. You guys got a PK for holding on a header with 10 to go and created some chances in the last 10 but couldn't finish. We had a few glorious chances as well in the second and could have clinched it but the result was fair. Good luck in the cup boys!

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF....you're wrong on both accounts

1) 5'7"....unless old age shrinkage has kicked in
2) me scoring....not usually on the other team's goal!

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Striker 12, Can I have your autograph. You were definitly the man of the match. Will you be offering any spring break soccer camps so i can hone my skills to be as good as you one day?? Fcuk off ya Moaney Twat.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watching the whole match from the side, gave me a view that most didn't have. Whalley may be in 7th place, but it is my opinion they have the best defense in the league. They are big, fast, strong, very determined, and can play too.
When there were loose balls to be won, they had venom in thier eyes, whilst we were to busy wondering how we looked in our kit,and if our tape matched our socks. Your teams stock is rising very quickly, its just too bad players like Mark Kerr and # 12( don't know his name) embarrass themselves week in week out. If Kerr just passed the ball to his teammates and shut his gob people would actually rate him. # 12 just play, your an excellent player, pleading for cards all night is just not on mate.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure I agree with Cainy (although I enjoyed his reference to venom in their eyes-took me back to story time a long time ago). Now, perhaps on the night they shut you guys down, but I could name 3-4 back lines I would consider stronger as a group. POCO when they are on are very tough to break down, the Lions for a last place club are very stingy, and I am not going to leave Langley's back line out of this discussion. 12 goals against in 16 games, especially since it has been done by a committee of 7 guys, which either says we are decent or the strikers in premier suck right now.
No disrespect to Whalley, you know what you will get against them, and they have had a very decent showing their first year up. Just not the best D yet.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
12 goals against in 16 games, especially since it has been done by a committee of 7 guys, which either says we are decent or the strikers in premier suck right now.

Or that your goalie bails that D out alot. Against Poco in Poco I saw your keeper make a lot of saves in close. Same can be said about Poco, their goalie is IMO the best in the league and makes a lot of saves especially on the 1 on 1. Whalley was missing their goalie for most of the season as well but I'd say their middle D is one of the best around.

LittleKeeper

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
As the back-up keeper for the lions I can say that despite some of the injuries that have riddled the backline, The defence always to play well. Now only if someone could put the ball in the net...anyway in the game against Chilliwhack a couple of weeks back, the defense really shut down the chilli forwards quite well, keeping everything to the outside and making some huge blocks.

Turns out Joely the goalie hurt his knee on sunday, wasn't at practice on monday and I am wondering if I will get the call again against langley on Saturday in a huge game for the lions. Last time, i shut-out langley for 90 minutes...too bad they scored twice in injury time for the 2-1 win. But that is what we call the luck of the LIONS.

LittleKeeper

Nov 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wndering if langley might not come out hard in the sat night game vs. the lions as the game will be meaningless to them...hoping the LIONS will be raoring wiht 9th place on the line and a a chance to stay in premier

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Bin worried..

Skip said:
Pot.......meet Kettle.

Funny stuff Osame. We were all wondering the same about you, during your 12 month hiatus from TTP. I believe the vacation began right about the time you were 'dismissed' from your duties in Poco.

Good to have you back, stirring the pot though. :D

~S

How did I miss this one. Skipper if you go back in the archives you will see that since I joined ttp my ppw {posts per week} have consistently diminished. Im not sure why, I suspect its because I have a busy LIFE or this site just doesnt stroke me like it use too. I must admit, as of late I have taken a bit more interest in here... I guess I miss the laughs.
ps: the next time Im "dismissed" I promise to keep in touch...
Hey is there an ttp expiry date??

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
Not sure I agree with Cainy No disrespect to Whalley, you know what you will get against them, and they have had a very decent showing their first year up. Just not the best D yet.

I don't think Cainy would have the same opinion if his team would have won 2-1... Cainy???

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Osame bin madden said:
I don't think Cainy would have the same opinion if his team would have won 2-1... Cainy???
cainey cant talk rite now hes having leprechaun practice with the wee yin
guinness :p :p :p :p :p

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the real sidney could please stand up and give all of his supporters a shout that would be great... WAIT, he doesn't have a supporter nae a mate that would back him up never mind stand in his corner!!! Nothing piss taking about that comment other than where the hell are sid's followers??? Never has beens and never will be's make good piss takers!!!
Sid if you only followed your heart and not your stupid, daft, retarded fcuked up mental heed!!! Unrucky saint southy!!!

Peace out, Guinness who likes a laugh and a good whore ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0