Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter - Dec/Jan 2005

Who will hand Langley their first defeat of the season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
star #1 said:
was the Poco-Geu game played last night?

The game was played although I didn't think we would play due to the field conditions. We had a couple of guys on the field with industrial sized squegees pushing water off to the side before the game started.

The ref decided to start the game. Poco went up 1-0 after 10 mins. or so, GEU, (Laity) tied it up on a pentaly shot a short while later.
On of the front runners for GEU got a red card fairly late in the first half for taking a run at our goalie and shoving him after the play was dead.

Poco went up 2-1 late in the first.

Squegee kids came out at half time and cleaned up a bit.

Another goal for Poco mid-way through the second half and thats how the game ended 3-1 Poco over GEU

The field was holding a lot of water with a few large puddles on the pitch. I really didn't think the game should have been played under those conditions.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skip:

You are correct. Wagner was huge for LUFC and we were very unlucky to not take the three points. Langley did have some chances but they were all a result of defensive blunders. 1-1 was the final; LUFC are obviously elated; Delta happy with the performance but disappointed with not handing LUFC their first loss of the season.

4ST OUT

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
First, the turf fields and the drinking. This is obviously in regards to the Surrey fields as the league is the one who applies for the space and I would imagine their name is on the permit's, thus their involvement. Every other club outside of Surrey is responsible for securing their fields and thus would get the phone call from the City. We have not, yes a bit loud after the game last week, but all was good in the end, a bit of a over zeolous cop, but whatever. It was addressed.

As far as the game, yes 1-1, not pretty, as the field conditions did not allow. Wet, slick and definately favoring the home team. We will be looking at a team set of 6-studs before we head to the Wack. Grass is bloody foreign to us, second game on it since we started in July. Timmy stood on his head. We could have very easily taken all three, but will leave pleased enough on the day.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have another chocolate...

4STGMP said:
Skip:

You are correct. Wagner was huge for LUFC and we were very unlucky to not take the three points. Langley did have some chances but they were all a result of defensive blunders. 1-1 was the final; LUFC are obviously elated; Delta happy with the performance but disappointed with not handing LUFC their first loss of the season.

4ST OUT
Unlucky not to take all 3?!? Oh please... have another fcuking chocolate forest.

Your game was like a box of chocolates you never knew who which team was going to c0ck up the next good chance.

Lets say from a fairly neutral point of view... :rolleyes: that LUFC squandered a lot of great chances (bad final pass/cross, piss poor shot, dribbled instead of shot etc...) and Delta's great chances where saved. Me, Myself and I couldn't have been a more fitting name as LUFC keeper certainly must have felt alone with himself and me err...I um... himself on most of Delta's corner kicks.

I missed Delta's first goal waiting for Noah to pick me up... something about getting the last two elephants on board. He's always been a bit of an unreliable chap... once we made the 9 mile pilgrimage across the first swamp to the new rugby pitch we, Noha and I, watched the best display of punting that any rugger side could ever hope for. Fcuk, for a while there, I felt like Frodo Baggens and I had to get the ring to the side lines. It must have been as hard to play out there as it was to watch... and it was cold too. So very cold.... :(

The young lad upfront for LUFC was tremendous out there making Delta's back look like pylons pretty much the entire game. It must be nice to weigh only a buck five, soaking wet, and be able to turn on a dime. Though it didn't take a jinky 16 year old to make Deltas back line look bad today, all it took was them having the ball. The word of the day was panic session. #5 must have coughed up the ball 10-12 times in his own end with the slightest hint of pressure. The rest weren't much better. 6'5... well lets just say he had a 90 minute brain fart. He had to save his own arse several times today.

I thought Langley was more dangerous the second half, which isn't to say the were the best team just that they 'created' more chances. No one fit the 'best team' description in those conditions. Ugly, cold and wet and I'm not talking about Dude this time.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
huh?

I gave up some nice passes to the Langley strikers today simply because I was getting no activity... and was freezing... so a bad pass or 5 and i would warm up from some rare Langley offence (too bad they couldn't score on any of the gifts :D ).

Delta scored first on a miscommunication by our midfielder and sweeper... fortunately the ball squirted out perfectly and a through ball was finished nicely by Steve-o.

Langley countered in the first half on a through ball (that i am told was handed down but didnt see that myself) that was tucked away on a break away. Good finish from the pre-pubescent striker knvb spoke of earlier.

The rest of the first half was fairly even.

Second half I felt we owned most of the posession and most of the chances. The only chances Langley produced were from miscues and give-aways by yours truly and our backs. There was no strong build up by Langley. Perhaps due to lack of fitness (read - Hleuka is junk).

Without a doubt Delta would have scored 5 or 6 against any other goalie. Timmy is a prick. ;) Frickin guy bailed out his defence all game long.

Delta very happy with our performance today. Unfortunately for us we ran into a red-hot shot-stopper. We will take the point and I am sure that LFC2 is fairly relieved to take his single as well contrary to the piss-take conclusion to his post.

Congrats to Langley on keeping the streak alive (pricks).

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the only reason why Delta may feel unfortunate is that Tim did make 4-5 brilliant saves, but to be fair how many shots did we just skim by the post, including 2 or 3 in the dying minutes. Your chances made it through, most of ours didn't, but to say we had no chances and you were cold, and Delta dominated the second half, well I simply disagree. Same game and result on turf guy's??? That's why they call it home field advantage. Well done by Delta, best of luck against the Wack when you play them.
Funny how these games always seem to produce two sometimes very different views on the event's.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boys,

You may chose to believe who you wish, but believe you me Langley got spanked on the field yesterday and played their get out of jail card against us one more time. LFC2 and knvb truly have their heads up their arse with those comments. Langley got mulered all over the park for 90 minutes and still came away with a point. Don't get me wrong here lads, all credit to Langley for the season they are having, but you guys were absolutely second best on the day and you should be very happy you came away with anything out of this game at all. If not for your keeper, a 4-1 scoreline for Delta would have been more than justified. Knvb, I'm taking your comments with the credibility they deserve, due the website, but if they are your true take on the game, you should seriously consider getting out of football for good and take up tiddly winks or something.

LFC2, do not start popping off on here about how good you are, because your not. Be humble in what you have achieved thus far and be proud of your squad because they have done a great job. Don't be afraid to always own up when you get away with one, it happens at every level in football, and yesterday......, you got away with one, pure and simple.

Cheers

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where the hell did LFC2 pop off?

Don't see too much boasting going on either.

Don't get me wrong, I think LFC2 is a cnut as well, but sometimes you've got to call 'em as you see 'em. :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
crafty cokcney said:
Boys,

LFC2, do not start popping off on here about how good you are, because your not. Be humble in what you have achieved thus far and be proud of your squad because they have done a great job. Don't be afraid to always own up when you get away with one, it happens at every level in football, and yesterday......, you got away with one, pure and simple.

Cheers

Crafty, I am going to assume you had enjoyed a few when you sat down at the keyboard. Never once have I come on here and boasted or played down another team's performance against us. Including yours. Read my posts again. Two different perceptions, I am going to assume you watch your squad a bit closer than you watch your opponents. You guys DID NOT outplay us by a 3 or 4 goal margin, plain and simple. Your chances were better, mark that down to bounces on the day or whatever, and if I were you, I would feel slighted as well. But take a step back and have a look at the whole game before a high and mighty tongue lashing. Rose colored glasses my friend.
Next time we meet, tell me to my face what you think of me and the club. Don't feed me a line at the park, and then rip me here.

Or do whatever the fcuk you want, what does it really matter.

As you say, Cheers.

BTW, South Surrey and AHP a go???? CAT cancelled and need the fresh air.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeeehaw,Crafty was firing on on cylinders last night. Getting the boys ALL fired up. :D Funny, I didn't see him dip in Fennian's Jameson's, he must have had his own cup. Sasha wouldn't share Langley's... Here it is Saturday morning, minding my own business, tidily winks loaded into the car, that's where 'A' level players play, for another rousing road game and I'm interrupted by insults.

What I saw... Delta's danger came from Peter white boots dribbling past one or two and either getting clattered by Nukes, shooting over the bar and/or getting a deflection for a corner. There was loads of Langley guys diving in at him as well which caused issues. (Him and I think #19 up front where by far your only players yesterday.) Where all the shite happened for Delta was on the ensuing corners/free kicks. Awful LUFC defense and marking, you would think it's the same thing wouldn't you? I'm sure LFC2 would agree. Yeah, they had their man but there where no good challenges worth mentioning on most. Delta from there won a bunch if not all the knock downs and had some good opportunities saved by MMI. Sorry, I didn't see ANY (great) build ups or a whole lot of quick transition stuff, again, worthy of mention. They could have happened when it was my turn. I don't like to rush when it's my wink. Understandably.

LUFC, I thought, played to hang on in the late stages of the , first/ early second. Late second, they where for a large part hitting and hopping that Mark or young Todd (hopefully young Todd) where going to make something happen on their own. In failing that, they give it to either #5, #2 or 6'5 and as they where sure to give it right back. I'm not kidding here either Crafty... they were shoc-king on the day, at least 6'5 had the chances to redeem himself. Todd had 5 1v1 with 6'5. 5! That's ridicules. He got one, missed 2 and like I mention 6'5 made up for some piss poor give aways with a couple of great saves of his own. Lucky for him. How many times do you suppose you get away with giving up the ball 1v1 with your keeper or 1v1 with a D and not get punished for it? My bet is the next time it happens it'll cost you. There are five bullets in the gun Crafty and it's your spin.

Why do you suppose a side that gives up shite like that, that much, deserves the praise as the best side? Sorry. Sloppy play in sloppy conditions and I honestly believe Delta where robbed by MMI and LUFC where victim of their own piss poor finishing. It's fair to say with out MMI playing so well it's 3/4-1, but if LUFC finishes their "GIFTS" it's 4-4 on the same coin, which I'll pay back ASAP, I need to use it for a road pop. Damn is Tidily Winks stressful.

BTW, anyone got an extra shoehorn? My head didn't quite fit all the way into my arse.

tpranger

Oct 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilliwack-whalley game just got cancelled, fields closed. Thats two weeks in a row. Looking forward to a great game next week.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 2 ND 1.

PAU with 80% of the ball. ND at about 25, then the equalizer shortly thereafter, and the winner with 15 or so left. Just result on the day.

PAU sidelines look like a MASH unit.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:
PAU sidelines look like a MASH unit.

A good description. The Christmas break will be a welcome time for us to heal up some bodies. We were a skeleton crew today with 3 guys out of town for various reasons, and 6 pack of injuries on the sidelines.

A deserved three points today for us, despite going down a goal in the first half against the flow of play. Great to see Lion score the winner today against his mates, and get the monkey off his back.

Looks like we've got some controversy with regards to the Langley / delta game. Both coaches flaring some muscle in defense of their side. I say you two should settle it with a thumb war........best of three. :D

~Skip

TheFenian

Jan 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta vs Langley
Who gives a shite about the score or the game. The real problem is the Delta lads, on Saturday afternoon, bring no beer. Then they come into our changeroom and beg, yes beg, to buy beer. Utah tells them "No Beer For You" and then 20 minutes after game time, we are asked to leave because since they have no beer, we can't finish ours. When did Delta become an under 16 squad????

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheFenian said:
Delta vs Langley
Who gives a shite about the score or the game. The real problem is the Delta lads, on Saturday afternoon, bring no beer. Then they come into our changeroom and beg, yes beg, to buy beer. Utah tells them "No Beer For You" and then 20 minutes after game time, we are asked to leave because since they have no beer, we can't finish ours. When did Delta become an under 16 squad????
I know, I know... a total debacle.

Our beer man was away on business, and no one stepped up. And, for the record, I did not beg... I came in, grabbed a couple, dropped $5, and threw one to the c0ck who saved your ass.

PS When we did send you on your way, there was nothing but ice and empties in your cooler.

Cheers.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just want to go on record as saying I had already left when this bit of silliness was going on...
6'5 said:
I came in, grabbed a couple, dropped $5, and threw one to the c0ck who saved your ass.
Let me also state that we charge a minimum $10 spot in Surrey for the same thing.

And you wonder why no one respects you guys. Low ballers...

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
I just want to go on record as saying I had already left when this bit of silliness was going on...
Incorrect. This was within 10 minutes from the final whistle. You were there. I can understand how you could miss me barging into the 20'x10' change room... especially since you were right beside the door :rolleyes: .

sixfyvthinksknvbsmissuschecksttp...andhewassupposedtocomedirectlyhomeafterthematch :D

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheFenian said:
The real problem is the Delta lads, on Saturday afternoon, bring no beer. Then they come into our changeroom and beg, yes beg, to buy beer. Utah tells them "No Beer For You" and then 20 minutes after game time, we are asked to leave because since they have no beer, we can't finish ours. When did Delta become an under 16 squad????

Since when did the Langley boys become a fun group of drinkers!?!? :D

I was under the impression that drinking was one of the 10 deadly sins, and required immediate confessional. I'll bet there'll be a few rosaries counted after this weekend. :eek: ;)

Forgive me father, for I am a drunk..........

~Skip

Milhouse

Apr 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
I know, I know... a total debacle.

Our beer man was away on business, and no one stepped up. And, for the record, I did not beg... I came in, grabbed a couple, dropped $5, and threw one to the c0ck who saved your ass.

PS When we did send you on your way, there was nothing but ice and empties in your cooler.

Cheers.

That's unusual, normally you can't get the Premier team to leave the field after the game. Usually they go thru 4 or 5 pots of tea at least. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0