Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco 3 vs Langley 1

First game with Milad and Robbie in the lineup and we came out really strong with Chin getting one in the first 5. Langley got a lucky one off deflection about 10 mins later. Our new new signings hooked up to score a great goal before half with Robbie sending Milad in to get us into the break 2-1. Unfortunately for Robbie he took a straight red for a late tackle as soon as the second half started. Langley put a lot of pressure on us in the second half but we did manage a few chances of our own. With about 10 to go our goali absolutely robbed there player of a sure goal and we went down the other end and scored our 3rd. Big win for us especially considering we played second half a man down

TA

1/2 PINT

Oct 3, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby 3-1 over Aldy

We had a couple guys not be able to make cause of work and then had a car breakdown on the freeway...Started the game with nine men and had 2 show 5 minutes after KO so they could not come on until half. We defended very well and held them to 1-0 at half.
With the 11 players we really took it to them and they really did not create much in the second.
Now Langley make up game tuesday night at Newton

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco 2 v Acbc 0

Our best effort of the year and we fully deserved the points. The possession was about 70/30 in our favor. It looked like acbc was gonna hold on for a tie but we kept pushing and got 2 late. Chin with a penalty tally in the 80th and TK with a great individual effort 5 mins later. First time all year we played for the entire 90 mins and the hard work payed off. Attacking wise we are so dangerous especially with the addition of Milad and Geizan. Huge win for us.

Langley beat Abby 3-1 to keep the 3-8 spots close with not to many games to go

Any other match results from the weekend?

TA

Oreo

Oct 25, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
soccer city cup
ACBC 4 - Langley 1
-Adriano Negri (2) Carlos Del Aguila
-Stu Jameson
-Venny Attwell

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Make up game -

PAU 2 Aldergrove 1

I think that puts the fork in Aldergrove in premier dunnit? 2 games left and even if they win out they would be still 2 back of Chilliwack?

Plain and Tall

Feb 2, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Make up game -

PAU 2 Aldergrove 1

I think that puts the fork in Aldergrove in premier dunnit? 2 games left and even if they win out they would be still 2 back of Chilliwack?

With that win by PAU sets up an all important game this weekend. A win/tie by POMO solidifies the league...a win by PAU will take it into the final weekend...predictions anyone?

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moody will win the league with a 2-1 win over PAU. Moody won't drop points to delta, and PAU won't drop points to the Wack.

HotSauce

Mar 4, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moody will win the league with a 2-1 win over PAU. Moody won't drop points to delta, and PAU won't drop points to the Wack.

Moody lost to Delta last week in cup play!....The league is tight and any1 can win on any given day, and dont think for a second that Delta is going to be an easy 3 points for Moody cause it wont!!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moody lost to Delta last week in cup play!....The league is tight and any1 can win on any given day, and dont think for a second that Delta is going to be an easy 3 points for Moody cause it wont!!

I never once said it would be easy, but it's always harder to beat a team the second time, and im sure port moody has learned from their mistakes that cost them the game in cup. but if I were to predict a score it would be 3-1 PM.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU knows how to win these type of games. They have been in a lot of important games and if they play slow, thump the ball to there big guys and be physical like they always do they I see them grinding one out. 2-1. IMO game of the week has to be POCO vs Gorge in Pac cup semi finals :rolleyes:I might be a bit biased but should be a very good game. Heard they have regained previous years form after struggling just after nationals and will be our toughest test of the year.

TA

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU knows how to win these type of games. They have been in a lot of important games and if they play slow, thump the ball to there big guys and be physical like they always do they I see them grinding one out. 2-1. IMO game of the week has to be POCO vs Gorge in Pac cup semi finals :rolleyes:I might be a bit biased but should be a very good game. Heard they have regained previous years form after struggling just after nationals and will be our toughest test of the year.

TA

Yes Poco at Gorge should be a cracking game. As you know TA, plan to go into that match a goal down, especially if you happen to notice all the Gorge players saying, "Hi Hoody" to the referee before the kickoff.

It must be nice mixing in some quality games against the visl in the middle of your season...why can't the vmls be proactive like this????

:bronco:

Good luck.

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
It must be nice mixing in some quality games against the visl in the middle of your season...why can't the vmls be proactive like this????

A little truth to that no? Maybe if they did they wouldnt repeatedly get handled by Gorge....?

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little truth to that no? Maybe if they did they wouldnt repeatedly get handled by Gorge....?

You certainly can't argue Gorge's record but typically they have been the only decent team in the visl. Although, looking at the standing over there this season, it appears times are changing in that league, as there are 2 teams ahead of Gorge right now. That is definitely interesting. If the visl have 3 or 4 quality teams and you combine that fact with an improved FVSL (level of play and compensation) and also a watered down vmsl, suddenly a BCPL doesn't sound like that bad of an idea. I propose a super league with 5 vmsl, 3 FVSL and 2 VISL and if we hurry, we could do a super bowl pool to raise money for the travel. Mind you, looking at the BCSA budget, there was plenty left over to help out with this expense...if you don't mind 3 BCSA execs traveling with your team to the island and staying at the Westin downtown while you and the team stay at a Travel Lodge in Sooke with 8 to a room, unless of course you play for Poco.

:wa:

Or is the plan to have a HPL league for mens soccer as well? I have not been following that.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
You certainly can't argue Gorge's record but typically they have been the only decent team in the visl. Although, looking at the standing over there this season, it appears times are changing in that league, as there are 2 teams ahead of Gorge right now. That is definitely interesting. If the visl have 3 or 4 quality teams and you combine that fact with an improved FVSL (level of play and compensation) and also a watered down vmsl, suddenly a BCPL doesn't sound like that bad of an idea. I propose a super league with 5 vmsl, 3 FVSL and 2 VISL and if we hurry, we could do a super bowl pool to raise money for the travel. Mind you, looking at the BCSA budget, there was plenty left over to help out with this expense...if you don't mind 3 BCSA execs traveling with your team to the island and staying at the Westin downtown while you and the team stay at a Travel Lodge in Sooke with 8 to a room, unless of course you play for Poco.

:wa:

Or is the plan to have a HPL league for mens soccer as well? I have not been following that.

TA has booked a floor at the The Fairmont Empress in Victoria for this weekend?

The 1 year anniversary of the BCPL 's death is upon us:cool:

R.I.P.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TA has booked a floor at the The Fairmont Empress in Victoria for this weekend?

The 1 year anniversary of the BCPL 's death is upon us:cool:

R.I.P.

Yup, the Poco Jet is leaving yvr tmrw at noon. South Terminal. Polska you and Reedie are more than welcome to come. Should be an interesting weekend.

TA

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yup, the Poco Jet is leaving yvr tmrw at noon. South Terminal. Polska you and Reedie are more than welcome to come. Should be an interesting weekend.

TA

I hear reedie likes to spoon so separate rooms is a must.

Hopefully the squad is firing on all cylinders. You should handle Gorge with out much of a problem.

Good luck this weekend ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0