Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [FVSL Premier] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I sometimes make the mistake of offering some information here when an obvious question can be answered and as usual I end up in a fekkin debate! The head to head is the best way to decide if and when 2 teams end up tied from their FULL league schedule. The fairest assessment of those said teams is how they did vs. each other don't you think, rather than how many each of them pumped past Golden Ears....sorry lads but I had to use someone as an example. As usual mikey c has all the answers but still couldn't hit the water from the pier. Such an expert opinion cos ur from engwand, give me strength:cool:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bad example, PAU lost and drew with GEU...

Abby would have been better, we both pumped them twice. Or Sapperton, PAU is undefeated against Sapperton this year. Although, who isn't?

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Abby would have been better, we both pumped them twice. Or Sapperton, PAU is undefeated against Sapperton this year. Although, who isn't?

We are 0-2 versus Sapperton this year.

number10hamburgler

Mar 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is soccer not hockey, doesn't matter where we are.

Surely every team tries to run the score up every week? That's the objective for playing? To score more than the opposition.

How ever it's explained it still doesn't make sense. Basing a title on 2 games rather than the whole season???

Varies around the world. Tie-Breakers for Football Teams Level on Points - The Offside
Kind of subjective and up to the league.

FVSL has decided to use the Head-to-Head, VISL and VMSL might use something different.

I sometimes make the mistake of offering some information here when an obvious question can be answered and as usual I end up in a fekkin debate! The head to head is the best way to decide if and when 2 teams end up tied from their FULL league schedule. The fairest assessment of those said teams is how they did vs. each other don't you think, rather than how many each of them pumped past Golden Ears....sorry lads but I had to use someone as an example. As usual mikey c has all the answers but still couldn't hit the water from the pier. Such an expert opinion cos ur from engwand, give me strength:cool:

Tie-Breakers for Football Teams Level on Points - The Offside

If he was just coming from Scotland, Germany, and so on, he might say the same thing.

It's definitely a topic that can be debated though, and everyone has different opinion, but one would have to start another thread for it and have the time to debate it.

Incorrect, la liga uses the head to head first then goal difference. Google la liga tie breaker if you don't believe me.

That's probably because in Spain historically it's been just Real and Barca, and their head to head usually decides the league. But what about a three-way tie. If you look at Div.2B, there was a chance there that all 3 teams were going to be tied and all 3 had at least beaten one of the tied team twice teams and had a better GD as well. Which team do you pick? Anywho, definitely a subjective debate.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought 5 teams made provincials this year. Also the soccer city cup winner and Pak Cup get a provincial spot, I believe. Nothing is guaranteed yet.

Top 3 are in for sure now..cant be caught ...If Poco doesnt win one of the 2 cups I would be shocked.
Plus no way any of the bottom 5 teams wins any of the Cups... No way....!

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

But you wouldn't play an exhibition over the holiday period, something bout too weak to expose yourself, oh sorry bad topic!:cool:

mikey_c_9

Mar 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

Pure Class!

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 2-1 GEU......very ugly win for PAU. GEU probably the better team on the day. Mike Evans scored on a pk late in the game for the winner. On to the next round.

Hard Ballz

centerback#4

Nov 30, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please o please someone beat PAU in the Pak run. The most overrated soccer team of all time! Dave and his children need to be put in their place. And by children, I mean men that act and play like children. Dave might run around and play with actual children, but that's none of my business. I'm only looking out for PAU... I don't want their heads to explode.

Ahh I almost forgot, there is one good thing about PAU... they usually bring out some good talent to watch games. I wouldn't mind splitting a few of them like wet pine. I'm just thinking out loud, but do I feel a hypothesis coming on? I don't like to assume, but how else could a bunch of has-beens win games? Good luck PAU ;)

hablar con todo el mundo después,

Centerback#4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0