Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier predictions, and other discussions about whatever.

Who will win the Fraser Valley Premier League this year?

• Golden Ears United

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Slurrey United

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Allouette United

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Slurrey City

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Delta United

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • GN Sporting Club

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Aldergrove United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Townsend Park

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skytrain,
I have no doubt your team is a good one but at least wait till you play a couple of the top teams in Premier before claiming the title since in your first 5 games you have played all but one of the bottom 6 teams in the league.

Or at least try and be a little bit humble and modest YOU ARROGANT BASTARD!!!!!
:)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude-where'smycar? (Really, where is it?)

TR: Some guys are just fed with a silver spoon, and others aren't. Sometimes I think the Club system actually works against promotion from within...coaches have their own ideas, and you're not going to change that. Welcome to Soccer Politics buddy!

Dad: Take three breaths...I can see that vein popping out from your forhead from here. Have a special SC Royals Brownie, comming to a post game cooler party near you...:cool:

On to more important matters...Snowman, what the hell do you mean by "u-d , bar"? What am I missing here?

DWMC- enjoyingtheslaggingtoday:D

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Dude-where'smycar? (Really, where is it?)

Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
TR: Some guys are just fed with a silver spoon, and others aren't. Sometimes I think the Club system actually works against promotion from within...coaches have their own ideas, and you're not going to change that. Welcome to Soccer Politics buddy!

Dude,

From youth up to now it has always been politics. Now its just the coaches opinion/belief who is the best player (even if incorrect), in GEU's case they are in a bit of a slide, and appears the the coach should take the blinders off and change it up a bit. but same can be said for every club in the league, there is probably guys sitting in div 2 like yourself (not likely) that should be playing Prem but have not been given a chance.

skytrainknowsyodahasbeenshaftedforyears

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're partly right

Skytrain: You're half right. Fact is, the favoritism continues through youth, straight to Premier, especially when you play in a club system. The big difference is that as adults, there are so many more factors that play in....injuries, family, personal circumstance, to name a bunch. A few years ago I turned down a spot on Romania (in the dreaded Vancouver League) to play for the SC Royals. It was way closer to home, and I didn't like the in-fighting on Romania. I also hate the fields in Vancouver with a passion. Turns out it was a great decision: Romania lost every game that year in Premier, and score only 6 goals (or something like that). I joined a brand new team full of young players, and it's been a blast ever since. We have very low turnover, and are now focused on improving as a group. My problem is, I'm ultra competitive, so it is difficult to take it less seriously on the field and in training.

BTW: your comment didn't go unnoticed, just ignored. I suppose I'm in no position to argue (you bastard!).
I'll get you yet Skytrain...I'll get you yet...

DWMC

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you bored ...

for your dumb azz comments. Do you have anything bright to say besides your Surrey-like banter. Don't bother responding. Ignore.

FatJoe

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
promotions relegations

whats the deal with FVSL promoting and relegating policy. Is their method to the madness........, any consistency...........,, For example, last year Aldergrove should have been sent down.

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN??????????????????:confused:

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: excuse me, was i talking about PoCo

Originally posted by Skytrain
Bollocks,

welcome. sounds like you have a little more class than your ranger mate. Your first post sums up GEU to a tee. Year after year.

Train,

Hey watch those Rangers mate! They could probably finish in the top 2-3 in the premier division IMHO. :) I think we all realized this last year after the Pakinham .... and this year they look better. 1 goal against so far? ... damn

As for GEU .. I hope you guys do well, for the most part you were a classy team.... just don't play like your second half for the rest of the season and you will do well.

..Oh .. but please save that same game you played Sunday for that December 9th game at Newton ... We'd love to repeat that performance for you at home. ;)

-> Bollocks.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ouch that hurts.

Skytrain doesn't play for GEU. He would never stoop down to our level. He thinks he is to good for us. He'd be lucky to make our div 4 team though. He says he plays for Poco Dominion, but I think he is just a deranged fan living in his own little dreamworld.

That's my take anyhow.:)

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like...

Mr. Translink AKA Skytrain is taking a bit of a pounding. Good on ya big man. Bollocks, thanks for your comments. Believe we played like shite and you guys deserved the win. Like I said in the post game cheer, "they should be giving us the gears they just kicked our ass!" Then I started drinkin'. GEU vs. TP on Sunday could ruin or change the fortunes of the club around or not. Should be competitive though. :cool:

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU vs TP

If that is going to be competitive game then Golden Ears is not the team they think they are.

Why is everyone picking on Skytrain? Is there some jealousy involved?

I guess it is easiest to pick out the best team and try to bring their players to everyone elses level...

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bertrum

You say, "don't bother responding", to what? There is nothing to respond really to respond to. You claim that you are from coquitlam, I don't think so. I could be wrong, maybe you are and there isn't a coquitlam team that would take you, so you needed to go play in maple ridge or where ever it is you 'watch' your team play.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by TheRob

GEU will come back big-time. They will beat Surrey City Peg by 4.

Ya know I didn't see that one earlier.

Have you and Bertrum pulled those big Umbro boots out of your mouths yet?

Sorry, I forgot this is a prediction thread.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that SC Peg beats Aldergrove on the weekend.
Good help me if they don't.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where did that come from?

Umm......Yeah.....about that. I meant that they would come back against Townsend Park. They'll beat TP 4 - 1. That's what I meant Ranger.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skytrains skills?

Skytrain definately does not play for GEU. I don't think he's good enough to play for PoCo either. I have seen him play before. He isn't even good enough to play co-ed let alone Premier mens.

Although he does put 100% effort in. But that means he couldn't play co-ed because that's too much effort and he is definately too serious to play co-ed either.

Skytrain, do you really play at all? Or do you just come on here to stir the pot?

DOLOMITE

Not Bright
Sep 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dolo is leaving the piss...it's been grand......yall couldn't figure me out.....if only one of yall had my hacking skills....by the way i got bill clintons phone # if anyone wants it.......i hope u figured out that i don't play for geu..or even play soccer for that matter....i don't even live in canada.....i accidently stumbled upon this website......you canucks aren't the brightest bunch are ya......i got dan sherman to email me every sunday with all the results......i know more about anyone of your league results before you do......i don't want to get personal but some of you should get a life.....dammmmm
p.s
axe any of your video stores about a dolomite movie......he is a standup comedian....
the human tornado
good luck in your season ladies
off and gone for good
good

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done....

DOLOMITE,

Arrogant, a poor speller, and knows nothing about Canada. You have done your country proud. Good luck with your obviously shallow existence.....

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: provincials

Originally posted by DOLOMITE
when was the last time a fraser valley team has won the provincials or made it to the final..or have they ever?????
sure the idiots will crack a joke...but someone answer me seriously please...

Dolomite,

I think you forget the Provincial Final three years ago where the Firemen beat Surrey United 2-1 out at Town Centre. That's not too long ago .... or is it?

Bollocks

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: You're partly right

Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
Fact is, the favoritism continues through youth, straight to Premier, especially when you play in a club system. The big difference is that as adults, there are so many more factors that play in....injuries, family, personal circumstance, to name a bunch.

Dude,

I can't speak for other clubs ... but Surrey FC has a great club system IMO !!

... The fact is .. 3-4 Div 2 players from last year's Storm are now playing premier with Surrey City Peg. Not only that ... our club has sent > 8-10 players to College teams here in BC as well as colleges in New York State and Florida State on scholarships in the last 2 years. Overall the club system, at least in Surrey, seems to be pretty sweet .... :D

I agree with you Dude that politics in amateur soccer is ridiculous ... maybe that's why our national team is ranked 84th right now. :( Let's not go there though ....

Bollocks

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clarification

Bollocks,

Upon reading that post I made, I probably came off as sounding bitter towards our club, which isn't accurate. The fact is, there was plenty of opportunity last season and during the summer for any capable player in the club to move up to the Premier squad. In fact, some of our players went up for selected games last year to help the boys out. In our case, our players stick with our team because they don't want to move on, even though 4 or 5 are capable premier level players. We just have a really tight team, and have a lot of fun too.

My thoughts were more reflective of what I experienced through youth, and what I still see happening in other Men's clubs..."Bollocks"!

Were you playing with the Mighty Storm last season?

DWMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0