Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier predictions, and other discussions about whatever.

Who will win the Fraser Valley Premier League this year?

• Golden Ears United

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Slurrey United

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Allouette United

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Slurrey City

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Delta United

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • GN Sporting Club

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Aldergrove United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Townsend Park

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wankers are everywhere this week

Dude,

A quick check showed Dolomite posting on the BC at home network. The dufus said he was a hacker and that may very well be true. But it doesn't really matter... you guys here pretty much ignored him and he lost interest.

Don't sweat it.

~TB.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Regs,

We pretty much ignored Dolomite. But you can't ingore the fact that Poco City Dominion is ranked #12 in Canada!:D

What happened to the mighty Peg in the National rankings:confused:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moot Point

I emailed the people who put together the rankings asking much the same thing and they replied that we were penalised for letting in two late garbage goals against the 12th ranked team last April. They felt that the 11 teams above Poco would have slaughtered them by at least 5 goals.

I sent another email in protest of their obvious failed logic but they apparently have ignored my ramblings, much to my chagrin.

~TB.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: promotions relegations

Originally posted by FatJoe
whats the deal with FVSL promoting and relegating policy. Is their method to the madness........, any consistency...........,, For example, last year Aldergrove should have been sent down.

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN??????????????????:confused:

The simple answer is "No" Fat Joe.
Especially from last year where the league revamped everything.
I've played in this league for 16 years now except for a one year stint in the VMSL and the VMSL has got it done right every year.
There are no controversies there except for buying and selling franchises.
The FVSL has always changed the goalposts each year and although they may state they have a relegation/promotion policy, they don't adhere to it.
I do think that the FVSL tries to make each division as competitive as they can at each level, but they drop the ball with respect to sticking to a plan.
I've personally seen them change the rules at the end of the year and create new, phantom "playoff" structures, and do a 180 on their stmt from the start of the year.

Your Aldergrove stmt is bang on too.

Good job GN, err, I mean Fat Joe.

:)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you only knew...

the VMSL has got it done right every year.
There are no controversies there except for buying and selling franchises.

I know you didn't mean to RF but that made me laugh :D

~TB.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVSL Policy

Halijulia! (is that the correct spelling?)

Finally, somebody else thinking like DWMC. This league has everything to offer players...great fields, facilities, coaching, and strong clubs to name a few. The problem is, year after year they make some moves that leave one questioning the wisdom of the executive. The only good moves they made this season were cracking down on team discipline, and bringing in the Reserve division...which isn't really a Reserve division at all. So, one of their good moves was made moot by the fact that it was redundant. Ranger and I have had some good discussions on this in the Div1-4 thread, so I won't get into it.

I don't know if anybody beyond the executive quite knows the reasoning behind some of their "Promotions & Demotions" this season. It almost seems as though last year was strictly a waste of time, promotion / demotion wise for everyone. The big carrot at the end of the year is supposed to be getting promoted, or winning the Pak as a 1st div Club like the Rangers did. Beyond that, we had a playoff, although highly competitive, meant squat. After collecting our $225.00 cheque (or $250.00, whatever) for winning our divisional playoff, we found out that beyond a bit of cash, the games meant absolutely nothing. Instead, they completely shuffled everything around as they saw fit. For example, yes, the Storm was placed in 1st as they should have been, but how do you explain Aldergrove not being demoted in Premier? How do you explain the Raiders and Hotspur being promoted from 4th to 2nd?

The league needs to set policy now and stick to it. It can't be that difficult to construct a comprehensive constitution that spells out all rules and exceptions.

Sorry TR…is this off topic? Maybe this should become a FVSL rants thread.

DWMC

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indeed!

Isn't everyone supposed to be friends with The Moderator/Rob?

So..... what's your calls for the weekend?
FVSL premier only please.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Phew!

Only two predictions in Premier. Townsend Park will beat(Bertrum is gonna kill me)GEU. Not by much though. Poco Dominion will TIE Allouette.;) Wouldn't that be funny? Heck, one more won't hurt. Surrey City will beat Aldergrove. Man do they suck. Roberts is in here wanking about something as we speak. Poor Mikey says he hurt his kidneys:( Poor baby.

Your friendly moderator, TheRob.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Clarification

Originally posted by Dude-where'smycar?
Upon reading that post I made, I probably came off as sounding bitter towards our club, which isn't accurate.
Dude,

No worries ... I'm just happy seeing many of those boys doing well b/c of soccer. :D

Were you playing with the Mighty Storm last season?

Heheh ... wouldn't you like to know! ... see you at Newton ... LOL. ;) Or maybe at Unwin, right? .... hehehe

Bollocks

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wicked Games

Oh I get it...it's fun to play mind games with Dude...I won't tell you who I am either! That'll fix you (like its tough to figure out!).

After reviewing your previous posts, you come accross very executive-ish...almost Cormac-like. Maybe you're a Storm in cognito...maybe...maybe...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I'll get you yet Bollocks...I'll get you yet...

DWMC

(PS: If you are an executive, we never drink outside the dressing rooms at Unwin, so no need to come by;))

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Close but no ...

Dude,

I look forward to playing 'hide and go seek Bollocks' ... LOL.

Not Cormac ... that's one guess ... you get two more!

I think I know who you are ... but we'll see tonight .. err ... sometime soon :D

Bollocks

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blah, blah, blah

Oh, enough about you two playing hide the hot dog weiner.

I'm pretty sure I know who both of you are so nyah, nyah, nyah.

You two would be almost in Skyflame's category if you trumpeted
"SC will come in first here there and everyfcukinwhere"

I know that the Rootin' Tootin' Newton club rules chaps, but go easy on that Cormack guy eh? He is a Ranger ya know.

You two young whipper snappers start taking the P or Dad'll kick both your arses tonite.

Rangerlikingallthesurreytalktoday
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0