Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier predictions, and other discussions about whatever.

Who will win the Fraser Valley Premier League this year?

• Golden Ears United

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Slurrey United

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Allouette United

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Slurrey City

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Delta United

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • GN Sporting Club

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Aldergrove United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Townsend Park

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I've just gotten off the phone with our coach, and it turns out our registration fees aren't 360 bucks after all, nope, they're only 250 bucks.:rolleyes: Well I feel much better now.

TR.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: delta united

Originally posted by Skytrain
With Sliver on the Delta United comment, Delta will be a good team this upcoming year and would not surprise if they are in the top 3 teams. Good skill, speed and youth.

Yoda,

Congrats on taking the plunge! Yoda, how come you don't play premier?

TR

How do you know Amount is looking for players, thought he just picked up 5 guys five guys from Slovan. that team will be a very good team in Div 1, could rival a few premier teams.

Skytrain

That was me. Ron mentioned that they were losing players to the reserve and premeir squads and said they were looking for some guys. They may have snagged some new ones since then.

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
my vote for the valley's top side this season
has to go to p a united, only because they have
the rights to the best tacticianin the entire valley.
let's be honest, ginge minge has a phd in strategiology

p a united all the way!... no wait, fcuk that!

it's about time for delta glory.

DELTA DUDES support delta u:cool:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will Peg be gettin' one of these?

Is a tacticianin some sort of farming equipment?

~TBwhoonceagainisperplexed.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had to go with "Surrey " I mean Peace Arch! How can a Surrey lad not go for Peace Arch they have 80% of the X Surrey team. Hey Mike go find your own players!!!

And for any of you "turn coats" who want back in no questions asked Practice 6:30 Tues. Cloverdale Athl.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is a tacticianin some sort of farming equipment?

Now, I've been a farmer all ma laf, and I aint never heard of a tacticianin.

By the way, knvb, and knowone, do you guys play for the teams you voted for?:confused:

TR.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have you voted in this poll yet Regs? I'm curious to know who you voted for if you have. I would assume that playing for Peg your alligiance would lie with Surrey U, but they don't have a vote yet. :eek:

TR.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
huh?

What does Peg have to do with Surrey U? I could see if you were talking about my connections with my youth club days, but AFAIK, Surrey City is the Peg affiliate...

~TBwhovotedbutforneitherofthe2clubsmentionedabove.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My mistake. I thought Peg was part of Surrey U. What do I know though, I'm just a farmer.:p You must have been the third vote for GEU then.

TR.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brutal

That's brutal. Don't get me wrong: I have lots of respect for Neil Fuge and Bobby. Neil has been very fair and consistent in ruling the roost, and Bobby commands instant respect from his officiating days. The business of getting the schedule and alignment together, however, should be settled by mid August. There is no reason why these meeting can't take place earlier, and deposits paid by now...especially with the league now being dominated by Clubs.

Weather we like it or not, the VMSL is the measuring stick to which the FVSL now has to measure up to. Over the years, the leagues keep getting closer and closer in quality. I sincerely believe that in the very near future, we'll see parity and more integration of the two. There are aspects about both leagues that I like over the other, and one is in the organization. It just seems that the VMSL has their house in order every year before the FVSL. I respect that the fellas are basically volunteers, and everybody does this for the love of the game. They are better soccer men than most of us because of that. I just think that some of these issues could be settled sooner: I don't want them to work harder, just at different times. I.e.: take a week in early August to have meetings, collect deposits (or letters of intent), set divisional alignments, issue the constitution, and schedule the season's kick-off date. The rest can be done later to allow the boys enjoy their summer.

Anyhow, it’s easy to criticize from the sidelines.

DWMC- thearmchairquarterback

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Calm down Dude.

Dude, Skytrain, Sliver,

Just wondering if you guys have played any exhibition games yet? If so, how'd they go? Who'd you play? Blah, blah, blah.....

We are starting to look decent. Finally got our goalkeeping situation settled. We haven't had enough games as a team though. I don't even know who is on my team, aside from 4 or 5 guys.:confused:

One, and a half weeks to go. First Indy, and then the first game of the year. What a great two weeks.:D

TRwhowouldlovetoplaythedudeinpresidentscup,butprobablywon't.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pre Season

TR:

This is probably better suited to the other thread, but whatever. Like I really care!!!

We haven't had any exhibitions yet, just some good training sessions. We're playing the Bby Lakes tourney. Our squad has opted for Men’s "B" instead of Men’s "A". Looking at Men’s "A", we could be competitive, but we need the cash, so we thought we'd give Men’s "B" a serious run. It also allows us to move players in and out to give everyone a good workout, but also not kill / injure anybody two weeks before the season. That's the plan anyhow...we'll see if it actually comes to fruition. In fact, now that I've divulged the plan, we'll get 9 guys out and get spanked every game. Murphy is a friend to us all...

President's Cup: The plan is to take it a little more seriously this year, and give it as good a run as we can. It seems a few guys are looking forward to playing the Dude, but more because the Dude is a cnut on the pitch!

DWMC- whohaspaybackforacertainGEUSCmidfielderwhotoreupdude'skneeinlastyearsgame-runonsentence!!!

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
games so far

TR

We have only played 1 game against the 'reserve team', game went well, new system new coach same players plus being a little rusty, we won by couple of goals. We are in the burnaby tourny this weekend in the 'A' side. Should be a good test. Other than that just been training, looking forward to new season.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New Coach

TR,

Brian Peat isn't coaching us this year. Don Wilson is coaching this year with Billy Jackson being the assistant coach.

razorbacks

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TR , Sliver

This Thursday are reserve is playing Poco City Div1 team non reserve team at Reeves & Friday night the premier plays Sapperton premier at Queens park stadium should be interesting for both teams to see how they fair up.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just a friendly heads up

Razorbacks,

You might want to edit that last post. I think you left a dangling preposition in there.

Cheers,

~TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0