Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier predictions, and other discussions about whatever.

Who will win the Fraser Valley Premier League this year?

• Golden Ears United

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Slurrey United

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Allouette United

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Slurrey City

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Delta United

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • GN Sporting Club

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Aldergrove United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Townsend Park

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"What are you guys paying for registration if you don't mind me asking? We have to pay 360 bucks."

Sorry if this seems like an unbelievably idiotic question but, I'm perplexed by that statement. Am I to assume members of your team (club?) have to pay "360 bucks" PER PERSON in registration? Or is that the Registration cost PER TEAM?

If its the league fee, consider yourselves lucky, if however it is the cost to each player, I can only assume you're playing hockey. Ice time is quite expensive these days. ;)

Sincerely curious,
Willy

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome!

Skytrain,

First off, welcome to TTP.

Yoda was telling me that Ronnie needed guys up front, and in the midfield. Speaking of Yoda, it's about time him, and BF got engaged hey? I thought it would never happen.

What team do you play for?:confused: Who did you vote for in the poll?

TR.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Willy,

PER PERSON in registration? Or is that the Registration cost PER TEAM?

That is per player! Hockey registration is cheaper. To break it down a bit, 300 is for registration, and 60 is for new kits. Like I said, FCUKING unreal.

TR.:mad:

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey skytrain,

Welcome to TTP. Good to see someone else posting on the FVSL thread.

TR
I think we're paying $125 this year.... But that includes a new pair of boots, new bag, team jacket, new uni's, and a punch card good for 10 beers.:D

Speaking of beer, I would have to say that Mat from our team is one of the best beer guys in the league (maybe in both the FVSL and VMSL). The beer cooler is always full, with a good choice of Canadian, Heiniken and a couple of coolers. A punch card cost $20 and is good for 11 beers.

I'm surprised you guys have to pay $360 that seems to be a bit steep.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think we're paying $125 this year.... But that includes a new pair of boots, new bag, team jacket, new uni's, and a punch card good for 10 beers.

Are you fcuking serious? That is unreal. Who is sponsoring you guys this year?

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuking unreal indeed!!!

$300 per player in registration? Are there only 4 guys on your team? Pardon my ignorance (I'm very new to this thread) but who do you play for?

Willy

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Willy,

Golden Ears United, but after Slivers last post, I might tryout for the Poco waterboy position.:(

TR.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, I might be embellishing the part about free boots, bags, unis, jacket, and beer.

I think we get a new pair of socks though!!

We do have a waterboy position open on our team.:)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, I might be embellishing the part about free boots, bags, unis, jacket, and beer.

Regs, do you have an avatar to symbolize a Gullable Fcuk? If so, please replace my avatar with it. Thank You.

TR.:eek:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
$360.00???

TR: $360.00??? What the fcuk (SP?)? Dude...way too much! We're asking $125.00 from the boys, but we're also doing a lot of fundraising. Our costs include kits- jerseys, shorts, socks are provided by the club- warm-ups, indoor league fees (we're playing in the CANLAN league, 18 games, to supplement training), and possibly a new second kit. Depends on how fundraising goes. Rumor is that FVSL fees will be going way up due to field user fees in Surrey. I've budgeted in an extra 25% to the team budget over last year’s club fees. I should probably budget in more for the new fine system too :mad:. I figure 60%-70% of the revenue we'll need for the year will come through fundraising.

Man, if we asked for $360.00 / player, we'd loose 16. As it is now, I'm almost accepting food stamps, chickens, eggs, and freshly baked goods in lieu of cash. They're soccer players for Christ's sake! Sounds like Poco City has the best formula going.

PS: Anyone wanna buy a raffle ticket?
PPS: TR, your welcome to make a move accross the river. You can be supervisor to the waterboy.

DWMC- whoneedstosell30ofthesefukcingthings

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
but we're also doing a lot of fundraising

That's funny. Monday when we talked about how much we were going to have to pay, I suggested some fundraising ideas, and nobody was very interested. Too cool for fundraising I guess. Two pub nights would almost pay everyones dues.

Need a left back Dude?:eek:

TR.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fundraising whore

TR: If you can sell 20-30 raffle tickets, and come up with the $125.00 dues, you can be my Daddy as far as I'm concerned. But I digress...I'll then have to have about 18 other Daddys too.

We've got a lot of interest- about 20 guys that want to sign, but I expect 2-3 will go elsewhere to make sure they get playing time. Another reason for the indoor league. Training tonight @ 7:00 sharp sunny Surrey. You can never have too many dedicated left backs. Send me a PM if you want the secret, undisclosed location. Password: Who's your Daddy?

DWMC: the unscrupulous poacher.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
league fees $360.00?

with the rest of boys there! would be looking pretty quick to another team. $360.00 too much.

tr

I play with Sliver. Our beer guy 'Mat' got to be the best around. Never late, always last one there and never misses practices/games. Here he is now putting together BBQ for every Sunday game home and away.

I voted PoCo in the poll. Team aging a little but should be able to stick it out for a few more years on top. I'm surprised no one voted for Townsend Park.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Training

Skytrain,

Golden Ears premier will be playing Sundays @ noon. The reserve team will play after @ 2:00. The games will be played at Hammond Stadium again(I think). The two teams will practice together on Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Twice a week to start anyway, but I think we'll end up only going once a week. The premier team was going to play Friday nights @ 7:30 down at Albion, but decided not to for some reason.

You guys?

TR.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
training

poco practice tues thurs sat with games 2pm Sunday
at reeves. have new coach and believes very highly in fitness, could be a good thing.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby tourny

TR

understand you have the schedule for the open division, how about the div 1? thought alouette or golden ears was in the tourny. true

Sliver,

going to practice tonight?

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard that Alouetta United were in, but we aren't. As for the div.1 schedule, you'll have to ask Hands of Stone. He will probably know.:)

TR.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skytrain,

If you're talking about the schedule for the Bby lake tournament. It's posted on the VMSL rumors thread.

I should be at practice tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0