Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier predictions, and other discussions about whatever.

Who will win the Fraser Valley Premier League this year?

• Golden Ears United

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Slurrey United

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Allouette United

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Slurrey City

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Delta United

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • GN Sporting Club

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Aldergrove United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Townsend Park

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

razorbacks

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looks like they put the format the teams are going to be in on FVSL web site by the looks of it you can tell who your going to be playing your first game. Any Replys:) :)

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
1st week of league

TR, Razor, Sliver, or ???

Care to guess outcome of 1st games

Premier Division
Delta Metro United vs. GN Sporting Club
GEU Ultra vs. Aldergrove United
Townsend Park Rangers vs. Peace Arch United
Surrey United vs. Alouette U
Poco City Dominion vs Surrey City Celtics

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll take a shot at it Train.

Delta should beat Sporting. Golden Ears might have a tough time with Aldergrove, but should win. Townsend Park should beat Peace Arch, Surrey United will lose to Allouette(it kills me to say that), and you guys should beat Surrey City, but you never know. I guess the reserve draws will be the same? Should be some good games on the 8th. I'm looking forward to the start of the season.

TR

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week One.

The schedule for week one(all divisions)has been added to the calendar. I'll add week two shortly.

TR.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby Tourny

Where are the Burnaby Tournament games being played?
Sounds like there's some good teams in it.
Good time to do some preseason scouting.

Any pre tournament predictions on who will take cup?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Playing on Grass

Yoda

The games for this weekend will be played at Burnaby Lake (Central Valley) grass fields, where the Rugby Club is.
The women will be playing thier games on the new Turf Fields (Yes TR, you are still banned from watching the women's games.)

There is one valley team in the mens open (Poco Dominion) with the rest being VMSL Premier teams and one Croatian team from P.G.
There are two sides of 4 in the open division.

However in the A division there are 3 groups of 4 teams, that include top VMSL div.1 teams (Clan and Pacific "lotsa money" 96ers)
I think Aloute United is in Div. A as well, with this team having the best post victory song ever. Aloute Jontie Aloute!

There should be some good soccer this weekend, with lots of money up for graps and a big beer garden to relax in during the games.

MAJOR
:D

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry

TR has just informed me that Alloutte U. is not in the tourny, but I believe that other valley teams are in Div. A and Div. B.

MAJOR;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Post game song

I have never heard that song sang by anyone but the Haney Hide Yer Sheep team in the Penticton tournament in the beer garden.
I haven't heard Alouttes version but the Haney version always has the whole beer garden in hysterical laughter.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose: it's how drunk you get." - Homer J. Simpson

That's so true. Homer is God.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
burnaby tourny

going on about the beer drinking, I hope the gardens are a little better prepared this year, last year did not the gardens shut down and close early? At the burnaby turf fields there is too many rules what you can't do, then you get some guy trying to enforce the rules. Glad too see them back to the grass.

TR

Do you have the schedule for the Div 1 games in the Burnaby Tourny?

Yoda

Are you coming out this weekend? What about my girlfriend BF?;)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Train,

Do you have the schedule for the Div 1 games in the Burnaby Tourny?

Nope, HOS might know something about that.

Are you coming out this weekend? What about my girlfriend BF?

Yoda, how many freaking boyfriends does she have? What is going on here?:confused:

TR.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keepa!

Hey Skytrain,

I heard that Pacific folded. I was wondering if you new there keeper? If he is interested, and if you know him, could you let him know that GEU is still looking for a keeper. We still need a freaking keeper. Colin might come back, but I wouldn't count on that. Think we might try and poach Scurry off you guys.;)

TR.

If there are any lurkers who play net, or know someone that wants to play net for GEU, e-mail me here.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skytrain,

We are moving into our new place this weekend so we probably won't have time to come and watch.

I going to repeat what TR said. If you know the keeper from Poco Pacific, send him our way.

Do you even know who it is?

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
keepers

TR, Yoda

I also heard Poco Pacific folded. Too bad. They did have a handful of decent players. The team folding was a long time coming. I once played for Pacific as well.They always had just enough to play and 6-7 guys at practice at most. The team had just joined our club this year, so this sort of thing would not happen, they should have been able to pull players from the other 6 teams in the club not to mention the under 21 and youth teams.

As for goalie's, I believe they had 2. One was the coaches son Brad Legro (sp) and don't know name of other goalie. Team was new to the club but will see if anyone knows.

razorbacks

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Alouette United 2 Sapperton Rovers 3 very good game could have gone either way for either team it was a good show for a first year prmier team. As for the Pacifac goalie he's not bad but let's in some real week ones from time to time there other goalie TR is like I already told Mr.Solk his name is Tim Harris .:)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skytrain, Sliver,

How was the tournament this weekend? How'd you make out?

Could either of you PM me Brad Legro's, and Tim Harris's phone numbers if you have them, and if they are interested in playing net out here. Thanks.

TR.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
weekend tourny

Game 1: poco 3 - croatia 0

Game 2: poco 0 - indo 1

Game 3: poco 0 - sportstown 1

We had a good tourny, unfortunatley we could not put enough goals in the back of the net. Many excuses why not. We had our chances but could not put it away. All three games very even, although poco did seem to have the majority of scoring opportunities.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good showing against VMSL teams. Well done guys. Maybe this will put a little scare into those Vancouver wankers. I said it before, I'll say it again, soon the FVSL will spawn the provincial champion.;)

TR.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver Wankers

Don't know what the big deal is about Vancouver Premier. As this weekend shows we can compete and win. There was a lot of people asking why PoCo are not in the Vancouver League, as if we are the only good team in the FVSL, wake up! I would think there are a good 4 teams or more that could give Vancouver Preimier a good run.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skytrain,

Any info on those keepers? Or are you holding back so we don't have a keeper for the year, and you can stomp us.:mad:

TR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0