Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier League 2002/2003.

Who will win the FVSL Premier league?

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 38 37.3%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Surrey City Pegasus

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Langley Thunder

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • GN Sporting

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • North Delta United

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Changerooms

Originally posted by bertrum
... However, the bathrooms their are big enough to change in.

Many moons ago, when I first began playing mens league there was a rule in Vancouver that you couldn't be in Premier or Div 1 if you didn't have a field with changerooms.

What a disgrace, no where to sit around and drink.

Where are you guys gonna drown your sorrows after you get beat?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know, I know!!!!

They would probably drown their sorrows in the urinal/golden shower.
:D

That is, "would", if they actually were going to lose.

:cool:

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shower

let me get this straight - you guys are gonna piss all over each other after the game.

I would never want to be a rookie on your team.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ooops!

Doesn't every team do that after a victory?

Oh wait, that was a typo, I meant "Molson Shower" not golden shower.

Sorry.

:D

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
yoda

I used to think that - Golden Queers - was such a silly slag, now I'm starting to think that maybe there is something to it -

Where there is smoke there is fire!

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: New FV turf

Originally posted by Reccos

Turf playing favours the short passing, bring it up through the mid type of game rather than hitting the long ball too often as it doesn't hold like grass.

Maybe Jack-the-Lad-Chiropractor- who don't play on turf- will write do a more clinical write up on another thread based on his practice files of turf injured soccer stars. Or some of the guys who are in the physio business would be better suited to make the case against turf from an injury perspective.

The turf fields that are being built now are far more forgiving than the concrete-like fields of old. However, one is still more prone to injury on turf than on grass as it is a harder surface. Many research papers suggest this is the case, yet more and more turf fields are turning up all the time. I suppose it is good for business but playing on these turf fields does not lend itself to good soccer.

My personal feelings are that the true game of football is not meant to be played on anything else but grass. If you have to postpone a few games because of field closures so be it. The only use that a turf field may have is to practice on - as it is a better surface than gravel.

Bollocks

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
10 - bagel

House,

Good on ya for the clean sheet. I sweat more in our training sessions than Sunday's match vs. GN Shocking. It was great to see Paul Jord-inho get 4 to lead the league early in scoring. It should be an interesting scoring race between him and Graeme (13 prem goals last year).

Poco should have a bit of fun this weekend - with or without Tupper-ware on the backline. It sounds like they need a confidence boost anyways after starting out the season tied for last. :D

Bollocks

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No good Bollocks

To all the Premier teams out there:

Don't take GN Sporting to lightly. Just the first game of the season and they were short players and missing the core of their team. Yesterday was just the beginning.

general

Sep 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: GN Sporting

Premier teams should not take GN Sporting lightly as they were short players as more than 80% of their players were away this weekend, but they are all back for this upcoming weekend. I bet that they cant wait for the re-match with Surrey F.C as they will be out to get some revenge against them for this past weekends game.

:wa: :wa: :knvb: :bronco: :bronco: :knvb: :wa:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, saying GN doesn't have a very deep bench would be the understatement of the year then. :rolleyes:

Skytrain, et al what's with Tupper this time? He's quit on more teams than HOS. I had the dis-pleasure of having to deal with his immaturity when he was with Slovan, which btw he quit and came back to twice.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
poor poor Tuppy

KNVB,

Don't really know what the real reason he left:rolleyes: but I believe it had to do with him thinking Skytrain should get more playing time, so he is protesting. :D Where is he to go now? Who knows, he may come back. We did accept B.Jackson back (well....sort of).

skytrainjoiningtheprotestuntilJanuary:mad:

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly

Skytrain he was at our game this weekend, he doesn't think..... no we don't have any medium shorts. Fenian pointed him out on the sidelines and was takin the piss saying he was interested in P A U. Our cat team is full though:eek:

gnu

Oct 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
re:delta alot of new faces

the reason for all the new faces was because all the premier players are still in college.So that was alot of us first division guys playing. They should pretty much have the same team as last year anyways it was nice getting two games in this weekend to start the season off to get into game shape.Wasn't a bad game pau not a bad squad should do well this year.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN.SPORT

I still believe as probably most people in the league believe that GN will have a tough time now that the league only has 8 teams.
They have not been a good team for a while now and like I said before will finish in the bottom two. This weekends game will tell us alot so lets see you prove us wrong GN.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN sport

Unlike the rest of you lot I think Gn sport are one of the most skillfull teams in the league. If they abandoned the offside trap which almost always costs them a goal a game they might fair a little better. Any time you play with 9 men you should hump a team 10 nill. I think this is the worst possible start for Surrey FC, nine men is no test, next week will be a totaly different match. GN some how lack the will to win the personal battles, and don't like the rain and cold. The old Indo Canadians that were in the Metro premier when I played there were a very good side, and the India side in the nations cup this year were very good as well. I predict they will finish in the top eight.:D

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tupper

Tupper is the very best player that he knows.

Two years back he wanted to play for Poco but only if he was gauranteed 90 mins. Suffice it to say that there was no gaurantee given and he was too scared to compete with Bryn Y for the spot he wanted. Which by the way he would have be backup to Bryn, thats why he didn't come out. He did play for Pocos second team and showed nothing there other than how to alienate your teammates. This year, without Bryn he figured the spot was his, and after not getting the nod to start he had a tantrum and quit. Anyone showing up 10 mins before the game should sit. Anyone watching the game will tell you that this was not Pocos best performance, with no one sticking out as a good performer but Tupper did stick out as the worst performer, sending two beautiful through balls for GEU. Tupper is scared to tackle so he just keeps backing up, couldn't head a ball straight to save his life and has a way about him that brings a team down. He thinks he is showing Poco by quitting, I think he is doing them a favour.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tuppergate

Don's a good guy, he just has to realize his shortcomings and get on with being a team lad.
I agree with Bored, he simply rates himself a little too highly.
Enough on him though, the PoCo backline was/is rock solid with or without him.

Unlucky lads on the opening weekend loss.
GEU came on strong last year except bottling it in the Pak, but the changes made this year and their keenness to win has been shown.
Obviously, GEU has to be considered a serious force this year for sure.

Bored: Are you back in town?
Or are you just fcuking with our heads again? :confused:

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back in town until the permanent move on Oct 6.

I played on the week-end but didn't look good.

GEU did look pretty good, although their coaching may cost them some points. Going to one forward to protect the lead gave us some extra chances because they didn't have anyone to chase the ball down. We could have made it interesting but Mills-keeper- came up big and we did miss some pretty good chances in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0