Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier League 2002/2003.

Who will win the FVSL Premier league?

• Peace Arch United

Votes: 38 37.3%
  • Poco City Dominion

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Surrey City Pegasus

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Langley Thunder

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • GN Sporting

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • North Delta United

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some pertinent info about the new season

Originally posted by star #1
does anyone know when the schedule for the league will be coming out? or what site it can be viewed on.

Some info I recieved from Neil Fuge on the upcoming season.

Guru

"We understand that everyone is anxious to see a schedule and divisional alignment. We will post a notice on the home page as soon as a partial schedule is available but it probably will not be until late weekend or early next week."

"The VMSL has increased their referee fees for Premier games to $50 for the referee and $25 for the assistant referees. The FVSL believes that it must follow suit. Referee fee for all other divisions remains at $40."

"Premier Division will consist of 8 teams: PoCo City Dominion, Peace Arch United, North Delta United, Golden Ears United Ultra, Surrey FC Pegasus, Chilliwack FC, GN Sporting Club and Langley Thunder."

"CAT Division is expected to have about 8 teams. Divisions ONE, TWO and THREE should all have 10 teams. Division FOUR could have as many as 14 - 16 teams. Under-21 will have ten teams and Masters will have 12 teams."

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Townsend/Langley?

We haven't heard anything about these two sides yet as to how the teams are looking? Do the players out there not have computers or are the teams stumbling to find players to brag about?

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I only know one thing about Langley, their goalie.

His name has slipped my mind, but he is the owner of the SoccerWest out in Whalley. Very good goalie. He said they only have 11 players right now and are looking for more as we speak. Other than that, nothing.

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by housearrest
I only know one thing about Langley, their goalie.

His name has slipped my mind, but he is the owner of the SoccerWest out in Whalley. Very good goalie. He said they only have 11 players right now and are looking for more as we speak. Other than that, nothing.

That would be Tim Wagner. Last time I talked to him he said he was done playing soccer. I'm surprised he is coming back to play after a couple of years off.
As for the Langley Thunder they really do not want anything to do with ( at least since they joined the LUFC club they have not been willing to go along with the club and have basically been independant.)
The div 1 and 2 and Cat teams will all be following Lufc and they will see how the Thunder fall into this. As of now from what I hear from the Cat team is that "I will not be losing my best player every week to a team within a club that doesn't want to be part of the club.

AndtheywonderwhyDemodoesn'twantotplayinlangleyanymoer:confused: :wa: :wa:

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's right

Demolition,

That's right, Tim, I just forgot his name. I was at SoccerWest yesterday buying new gloves and I started talking to him (cause I knew he was a goalie) and he asked where I was playing and he said he was playing for Langley. That's all I know

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chlliwack?

I also wonder how chilliwack will look as they have lost at least 3 of there key starters(Rob Mills,Brian Mills and Paul Trustam) I'm not sure who else this team has when it comes to good quality players? My guess is they might have a tough time due to location as well , players will not want to re-locate all the way out to chilli..

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Regs
I thought Peter was the goalie in the family?

~Regs.

Tim is the keeper that housearrest is talking about. Don't know of Peter. Tim used to be the keeper a few years ago with Slovan when they were in the league.

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
first weeks games are in!

GEU / POCO
PAU / DELTA
GN / SURRY PEG
CHILLI / LANGLEY

All first weeks games are up on fraservalley website.:D :D :wa:

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bored....

Are you guys going to be able to stay awake for this Fridays nights tilt?:D Should be a good game and the field is in good shape. Who are your starters?

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bertrum

I would expect that the boys have no problem being awake for the game. I don't know who the starters will be. Had a couple injuries on the week-end. One will be gone for a while. Hopefully everyone who wasn't around for the weekend will be there. Nice game to start the season with. GEU is always excited for the first 3 games of the season and then for all the Poco games. I am predicting a few hangovers for Saturday morning - gotta love those friday night games - too bad there ain't a changing room to embibe in.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prediction time once again

Prediction time once again.
I'm not going to bother with scores just wins, losses and ties.

It'll be a bit difficult predicting the first weekend of league play being that I have no idea what all the teams look like this year.

GEU Ultra vs. Poco City Dominion: It should be a good Friday night battle with the win going to Poco.

Peace Arch vs. United North Delta United: With the addition of Aves for the new year it'll be an easy win for Peace Arch.

GN Sporting Club vs. Surrey FC Pegasus: Subway Jared (housearrest) is looking fit and trim, Surrey FC with the win.

Chilliwack FC vs. Langley Thunder : Big changes in Chilliwack and Langley's first year in Premier will make this the first tie of the season.

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friday Night Game at Albion

This question is for you GEU guys.

Do you guys have access to the change rooms at Albion Park?

The reason I'm asking is that last year when we played Alouette, the change rooms weren't open and both teams had to change in the baseball dugouts.

Looking forward to the first league game of the year (I'd insert the dancing banana here if I didn't hate that little fcuker so much)

guru

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Friday Night Game at Albion

Originally posted by Sliver
This question is for you GEU guys.

Do you guys have access to the change rooms at Albion Park?

The reason I'm asking is that last year when we played Alouette, the change rooms weren't open and both teams had to change in the baseball dugouts.

Looking forward to the first league game of the year (I'd insert the dancing banana here if I didn't hate that little fcuker so much)

There are no changing rooms there. There is washrooms, and equip. storage rooms only. I have a key to these, (unless they have changed the locks this year). I will give the key to "Snowman" .... hopefully the locks are the same as last year......remember, there are no showers though. You'll have to use the urinal :( :wa:

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Changerooms

I don't know if they are open. If the way the club treats us is any indication the answer would be no. However, the bathrooms their are big enough to change in. Just follow your ear to the tunes of AC/DC and Shake Your Foundations.:rolleyes:

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friday match up

See you ladies on friday night, PAU will be there to check match, and then we will be heading to Roosters. So don't let your ladies out of your sight:wa:

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
roosters

Cainy, Roosters has hired the aligator from the PNE to be the doorman, they don't check ID but there may be a height requirement.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
these new turf fields that are getting built, are they bad for your knees and ankles, or is it the same as grass fields?

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New FV turf

Most Premier VMSL teams -it seems- don't like to play on turf (unless it is against WAB and his Sap guys where they have only managed one win on it - albeit an important win last year).

Most Premier players claim more injuries on the turf and if not more injuries a lot more soreness after a game, especially if you played on it every week. My Div. 1 and summer teams have always liked the turf field as it is faster and favours skilled passing teams and fitter players. However, the physically more aggressive VMSL Premier teams like the grass. What is good about having the turf field as a home park is that you rarely get a cancellation (except for snow) and you know that the game is on rather than the constant is it or isn't it which takes place Fridays during the rainy season.

The turf definitely is harder on the body in summer months when it is dry (much like being indoor at 8-Rinks where one of my guys did his ACL and very definitely attributes it to the dry and unforgiving turf).

Turf playing favours the short passing, bring it up through the mid type of game rather than hitting the long ball too often as it doesn't hold like grass.

Maybe Jack-the-Lad-Chiropractor- who don't play on turf- will write do a more clinical write up on another thread based on his practice files of turf injured soccer stars. Or some of the guys who are in the physio business would be better suited to make the case against turf from an injury perspective.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
turf v grass

the turf is nice to play on it because it is so true and predictable but I would say it is much harder on the body. the turf seems to grab your boot quite often when you aren't prepared to plant your foot. it would be good to practice on though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0