Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier FVSL Premier 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaFlamaBlanca

Aug 24, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully after the games tonight and tomorrow this forum can be used for the right cause. Taking the piss out of a bunch of beer league plugs and finding out results that don’t really matter.

LaFlamaBlanca

Aug 24, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 0 - Surrey 2. Game was played in typical Surrey United fashion, defend well for 90 minutes and score against the run of play. Langley was unlucky not to have the lead in the first half generated a few quality chances that had to be finished which allowed for Surrey to keep hanging around and finish on a quick counter attack. Game was pretty choppy, man in the middle made sure everyone knew the game was about him. Way too many restarts which absolutely killed the flow of the game. Really looked like two teams in early season form working the rust out.

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Langley 0 - Surrey 2. Game was played in typical Surrey United fashion, defend well for 90 minutes and score against the run of play. Langley was unlucky not to have the lead in the first half generated a few quality chances that had to be finished which allowed for Surrey to keep hanging around and finish on a quick counter attack. Game was pretty choppy, man in the middle made sure everyone knew the game was about him. Way too many restarts which absolutely killed the flow of the game. Really looked like two teams in early season form working the rust out.

I watched half of this game after watching half of the SAFC v VANU game. I disagree with the rust comment in regards to Langley & Surrey. Looked like two teams that have lost a step, cant blame rust. We’re into the 5th week of play and neither of them made it past round robin in cup play.

Langley 0 Vs Surrey 2 -

Simple game play by Surrey was what got them the 3 points. Their boring park the bus style after pegging one or two in will work for them this fall it seems as defensively they just sit back and defend the whole game and wait for a counter. Fun soccer. Langley may be relying on Connor to much. Will they be able to get the support for him? Surely when TWU is done they’ll add a guy or two. Surrey united had yet again youth and u21 call ups, one has to wonder why and where did all your senior players vanish too. They couldn’t field a team 2 weeks ago against Port Moody. How could a club like surrey united not be able to find 11 able bodies for a must win cup game. Odd.

SAFC 3 Vs Van U 0 -

Feisty game between these two, I watched the first halve before leaving to watch Langley play. It was all SAFC. They controlled the game completely. Whatever happened last week vs coastal must’ve been an eye opener to them as they looked dominant all half. Vancouver united seemed to not be able to match the compete of their opponents and lost control of their emotions after going down within 10 minutes of kick off. Although they had a guy or two who stood out their support around him wasn’t able to match their compete against a clearly better side in SAFC.

Soccer99

Not Bright
Aug 13, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think you should try for UBC. Your literary skills are pretty poor, clearly SFU isn’t doing a good enough job teaching you in an academic setting.
This is getting kinda boring now. You should talk to sfu profs then if u have a problem with how they teach. Don't talk to me thank you and have a nice day.

LaFlamaBlanca

Aug 24, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched half of this game after watching half of the SAFC v VANU game. I disagree with the rust comment in regards to Langley & Surrey. Looked like two teams that have lost a step, cant blame rust. We’re into the 5th week of play and neither of them made it past round robin in cup play.

Langley 0 Vs Surrey 2 -

Simple game play by Surrey was what got them the 3 points. Their boring park the bus style after pegging one or two in will work for them this fall it seems as defensively they just sit back and defend the whole game and wait for a counter. Fun soccer. Langley may be relying on Connor to much. Will they be able to get the support for him? Surely when TWU is done they’ll add a guy or two. Surrey united had yet again youth and u21 call ups, one has to wonder why and where did all your senior players vanish too. They couldn’t field a team 2 weeks ago against Port Moody. How could a club like surrey united not be able to find 11 able bodies for a must win cup game. Odd.

Don’t know if they have lost a step or both clubs are at a period of transition. Surrey had a 15 year old and multiple other players under the age of 18. While Langley had at least 4 HPL players in their lineup who played a majority of the game. Maybe rust was the wrong word choice but both clubs have been relevant for a decade plus and have finally had to take a step back to transition. For the leagues sake you hope teams like SAFC and CCB can build clubs that can be relevant for as long. Only time will tell.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Langley 0 Vs Surrey 2 -

Who was coaching, Dave? I heard he was busy getting the crap kicked out of him out in Port Moody last night. The bus parking must be a learned trait, me thinks, "Coach" Dave was a Mourinho supporter. The poor bastard. Explains some things.

Listen, before you start throwing dirt on the SU coffin, remember they were two and 0 before they had to bin that game versus Pomo. The 'senior players' as you call them are always going to be in and out and they have a handful of college players coming back soon, that's 5, unless you're Jason Pierre Paul on Independence day... and the whole point of being a club is to bring in youth. The "15 year old" Jovin has played fantastic in his 3 appearances this year, MOTM his first week, and so have the U18 and U21 call ups.

That club is a talent factory and it will translate soon.

I'm just speculating of course. I have nothing to do with it.

BCSoccerWankerOuter

Aug 1, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don’t know if they have lost a step or both clubs are at a period of transition. Surrey had a 15 year old and multiple other players under the age of 18. While Langley had at least 4 HPL players in their lineup who played a majority of the game. Maybe rust was the wrong word choice but both clubs have been relevant for a decade plus and have finally had to take a step back to transition. For the leagues sake you hope teams like SAFC and CCB can build clubs that can be relevant for as long. Only time will tell.

@knvb I never threw dirt on SU grave per say. I simply said that they lost a step. If losing a step in your mind is them being put in the ground, that’s your opinion not mine. They were absolutely powerhouses 3-6 years ago, flying high. So stating that they’ve lost a step is simply that. @LaFlamaBlanca Secondly yes they have youth call ups and u21 call ups playing but what does that say in regards to their senior program and the state it’s currently in. Not much. Yes they produce talent but that talent eventually spreads across the lower maindland with the 3 to 4 players sticking around.

Thirdly SAFC is a wild card for being an established club, that being said I’ve heard the owner/manager of the club is all in and doesn’t stop at any level to help the club succeed. Sounds like his players love him and respect him. If he can keep that passion and build on it I see good things coming their way.

Fourth CCB Azad will never be able to compete with the lure of VMSL and CCB LFC. They’re second fiddle. We all know that.

But both SAFC & CCB will need to make sure their cupboards are stocked with some teams below them in FVSL if they want to stay relevant. IMO.

Soccer99

Not Bright
Aug 13, 2019
Tokens
Dirty Money
@knvb I never threw dirt on SU grave per say. I simply said that they lost a step. If losing a step in your mind is them being put in the ground, that’s your opinion not mine. They were absolutely powerhouses 3-6 years ago, flying high. So stating that they’ve lost a step is simply that. @LaFlamaBlanca Secondly yes they have youth call ups and u21 call ups playing but what does that say in regards to their senior program and the state it’s currently in. Not much. Yes they produce talent but that talent eventually spreads across the lower maindland with the 3 to 4 players sticking around.

Thirdly SAFC is a wild card for being an established club, that being said I’ve heard the owner/manager of the club is all in and doesn’t stop at any level to help the club succeed. Sounds like his players love him and respect him. If he can keep that passion and build on it I see good things coming their way.

Fourth CCB Azad will never be able to compete with the lure of VMSL and CCB LFC. They’re second fiddle. We all know that.

But both SAFC & CCB will need to make sure their cupboards are stocked with some teams below them in FVSL if they want to stay relevant. IMO.
Finally got some good content on here.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0